Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Future of the Evora in the USA - Page 19 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Future of the Evora in the USA

Ccd

On 13/09/2019 at 17:38, Julian73 said:

I love my Ti exhaust, took a few seconds to commit to that pricy option, but the sound is amazing and 20 lbs off the ass is always a good thing.

Wish I could take 20lbs off my ass so easily!   I fancy a Ti for my 410 Sport. It's on the list of upgrades. Looks lovely.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Hope he wasn't gay as could get really messy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Bravo that man 

The amount of people I see clambering out of a lotus and showing me carbon this and that over the years in the name of weight saving and obviously over weight themselves always makes me grin.

By all means if you want carbon crack on who doesn't but if your after saving weight as you say fare easier and cost effective ways are usually right in front of you.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 18/08/2019 at 06:02, C8RKH said:

In the US maybe, but here in the UK and indeed many parts of Europe the manual is king, and auto's are a lot less common.  Auto's generally tend to be bought by the older generation who can't be arsed using the gear stick, or, by German sports car buyers who prefer the bragging rights about how fast their flappy paddles will change gear.

Just my opinion of course.

I personally think manual is king for ANYONE that wants a proper driving experience, having spent much time abroad (I lived in, and about for about three years, for work) I recognize the market is significantly different, even the enthusiast market is different; where driving is the priority and that experience (though not faster, unless expertly mastered, even then I think the data guys would argue paddles depending on their build are simply faster) of connection brought through a manual is irreplaceable.  

Speaking generationally, and speaking to the U.S. 'Canyon Rats' or 'Track Rats' still exist, and we are seeing the focus on the Driver from the younger generation as it becomes more accessible.  But often the enthusiast market is filled with less driving, more posturing at Cars and Coffee, in that I would agree.  The United States is huge, almost like mini Nation States, that provide a wide variety of terrain, manufacturers (Especially Euro) often see our market as a straight line, never ending highway HP focused buyer.  But if I could sit them down in my passenger seat any given weekend, I think they'd find themselves amidst a group of "Driving Enthusiasts" of all ages, and would be pretty surprised.  

The problem we have here, is that Dealerships and manufacturers, don't allow for more extended test drives, and in the case of Lotus, Most wouldn't understand it's true capability unless behind the wheel.  I offer if you put any one of these 95k buying Mustang GT guys in my passenger seat and let them really understand Lotus (and a slew of other brands) would take them to a level of performance they could never touch, and safely, they'd be shelling out their wallets as their expenses are usually self focused.  Let them drive around the block?  Then they'll focus on showroom aesthetics, 

I suppose to sum up, I think the NEED for the manual is relevant, and I hope Lotus doesn't change that standard, the 'add lightness' created for the experience and become the Renaissance of experience they should be.  I know I myself prefer the manual, and honestly I haven't driven one better than the Lotus (that's not to say one doesn't exist, it's just to say I haven't driven a better one).  Here's to hoping they remain that standard.  

I'm prone to rambling, and opinions,  my apologies! (new guy, so I should have two eyes, two ears, versus my one mouth as a guest)

Edited by Jason is Chasing
edited for context
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...