Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sold the 410 :’( but we all love dogs - Page 2 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Sold the 410 :’( but we all love dogs

london_v

10 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

haters.jpg

What have we come to as a race of people where when you say you don't like something means you are automatically labelled a "hater". I appreciate the humour in the post @CharlieBrown so this is a general question re the state of things on the web, as opposed to a jab at your picture which did make me smile.

30 minutes ago, london_v said:

Sorry to hear that. I’m a firm believer there is no such thing as a bad dog, only bad owners. Just like children and parents. And colleagues and managers. 

I disagree. There are bad dogs. There are also bad children and there are also bad parents. The tendency these days though is to not blame the person/animal who did the deed but to find someone else to lay the blame at. It's just the way of the world these days - it's usually "a big man did it then he ran away" kind of excuse.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, Colin P said:

I do not find any uninvited interaction with a dog acceptable in any way, contrary to the seeming opinion of most dog owners.

I agree. My wife was out walking the other week in the woods. Having a lovely, peaceful time when a bloody dog came from nowhere, bounding right up to her and jumped up and covered her clothes in mud and almost sent her flying.  The owner arrived and gave that usual "oh yeah, ho hum, sorry about that he's normally such a lovely dog" sort of expression. not a proper apology or anything. Consequence was the following weekend we were both out walking and each time a dog appeared not on a lead the missus wanted to stand behind me. Which is fair enough as any dog bounding towards me would get a kick in the head (I have no idea whether the dog is a good doggie or a bad one so I'll get the retaliation in first) and then I'd give the owner a "oh yeah, sorry about that I did not know he was a lovely dog as he was bounding towards me at warp speed with his mouth open" - hey ho, shit happens.....  The interesting thing is in example one, we're just supposed to put up with it and shut up, in example two no doubt the police would be called and I'd be asked to explain my actions and probably referred to the CPS.

As for the thread drift - the reason for the sale was a dog (amongst other things) so we're just focusing on that aspect. :) Anyway, i always thread drift... I'm a twit like that.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

35 minutes ago, london_v said:

Sorry to hear that. I’m a firm believer there is no such thing as a bad dog, only bad owners. Just like children and parents. And colleagues and managers. 

I disagree, yes there are definitely bad owners, but what this proves is that ANY dog, given the right set of circumstances will snap/react. This is why I made the comment about my older brothers Lab. They had had him for many years and he was a right dopey old git. Never hurt a fly and then one day just went for my nephew - no one has any idea why to this day. The best guess is that he wanted Matthews ice cream.

My little brothers dog however had had a couple of incidents with other dogs before this event (unknown to us, this was 13 years ago and my wife still hasn't entirely forgiven my brother and sister in law). But again was lying peacefully in the loving room seemingly at ease, as my daughter walked past him he just went for her, no warning nothing.

Dogs are wild animals there is always the potential.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

22 minutes ago, Colin P said:

I disagree, yes there are definitely bad owners, but what this proves is that ANY dog, given the right set of circumstances will snap/react. This is why I made the comment about my older brothers Lab. They had had him for many years and he was a right dopey old git. Never hurt a fly and then one day just went for my nephew - no one has any idea why to this day. The best guess is that he wanted Matthews ice cream.

My little brothers dog however had had a couple of incidents with other dogs before this event (unknown to us, this was 13 years ago and my wife still hasn't entirely forgiven my brother and sister in law). But again was lying peacefully in the loving room seemingly at ease, as my daughter walked past him he just went for her, no warning nothing.

I get what you’re saying. But I think it’s unfair to paint all dogs with the same brush. I was attacked by a dog when I was 5 years old casually riding my bike in the park minding my own business. I was scared of them for the longest time, but then started reading into the psychology of dogs and realised they’re not that bad after all. On the flip side, I cannot stand when people approach my dog and start stroking it without asking and therefore blatantly invading its private space. I make it a point to never approach dogs, because I don’t know anything about it or how it’s feeling.

25 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I agree. My wife was out walking the other week in the woods. Having a lovely, peaceful time when a bloody dog came from nowhere, bounding right up to her and jumped up and covered her clothes in mud and almost sent her flying.  The owner arrived and gave that usual "oh yeah, ho hum, sorry about that he's normally such a lovely dog" sort of expression. not a proper apology or anything.

Sorry to hear about this. If that was my dog I wouldn’t stand for that. Again, I put this down to silly dog owners not aware of the situation and / or the inability to command the dog to leave you alone or run back to the owner. I think a lot of dog owners just naturally assume everyone will love their dog and that's just sheer ignorance.

Anyways, back to potato peelers vs scalpels 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Colin P said:

I could continue the rant, but I'll simply leave it with the comment, suffice to say I do not find any uninvited interaction with a dog acceptable in any way, contrary to the seeming opinion of most dog owners.

+1 Both my kids (4yr old and 2yr old) are terrified of dogs and most things on 4 legs after being jumped up on and pushed over by uncontrolled dogs in the park.  The owners at best responded to a screaming toddler with "he's very friendly,  a big softy really" while dragging their dog away,  more typically with a complete lack of concern.  And don't get me started on owners (my autocorrect makes that offenders!) who think it's acceptable for their pet to cock its leg over a pram with a baby in it!

#doggate

We have a dog. She's always walked on the lead because she doesn't like other dogs in her face. So don't get me started on uncontrolled dogs who come up off lead and she then snaps at  'oh they're only being friendly' "fuck off, you might think yours is but mine doesn't like it, why are you putting my dog at risk"

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bruss said:

I have 2 dogs. They both walk off the lead in the middle of the road.  Neither of them can handle a scalpel or even a potato peeler.

I rest my case, m'lud.

Don't need either, they have teeth :getmecoat:

• Haha 1

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Oh my god. What have I started. i love it when a topic drifts out of control. Pure chaos. It's infectious (a bit like dogs with rabbies so don't let them near your babies).

Come on now you dog owners, own up, which of you are the bar stewards who take their dogs to the local public football pitches to let them shit and piss all over the place and think it is acceptable?

Which of you look on with pride as your pooch poops on the grass or pavement?

Which of you love to handle that warm poop in a nice little plastic bag - THAT YOU THEN TIE TO THE NEAREST FENCEPOST OR TREE BRANCH YOU DISGUSTING MAGGOTS!

Lol. Sorry. Just having a rant. ignore me please. i am just like many dogs quite harmless, soft and fluffy and bouncy and fun, just like the average dog. We're just wild animals really that tolerate humans. Until we don't.....  hahahahaha.....  Where's my medication.

The small print.

My daughter would love that @Bibs . Funnily she is the one member of the household who’d like a dog, she wants a pug or KC spaniel

On 04/06/2019 at 05:31, Colin P said:

Dogs are wild animals? 😂 LOL

Haha, dogs are not wild animals by any stretch. They were, once upon a time, just like humans were cavemen, once upon a time. Is a Labrador a wild animal like a Lion? Dogs have evolved and been domesticated over 30,000 years.

Wild animals are not dependent on humans, plus they don’t run to humans when they’re scared or warning them of danger!

Dogs, just like kids, require the right upbringing and teaching. They explore their world with their mouth and often is the only way they can communicate. And like @Snoopy1969 says above, people are far worse than dogs.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, london_v said:

Haha, dogs are not wild animals by any stretch. They were, once upon a time, just like humans were cavemen, once upon a time. Is a Labrador a wild animal like a Lion? Dogs have evolved and been domesticated over 30,000 years.

Loving the pedantic 🙂

By the wild animal reference (whoever said it in the thread first - given as it wasn't me) - I'd understood it to be a one word synopsis that dogs are, ultimately not controllable, despite their domestication they can, under the 'right' circumstance(s) be lead by their core instincts and bite / attack.  Those with experience of this are rightly very cautious of dogs.  I have two young children, and I do not leave them alone with the dog - and I love dogs.

Buying an X3 means you are never allowed to buy a Lotus again. Sorry but you are banned. :P

Vile Horrid German things!

• Thanks 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

😯

First time you use your indicators :P
Related image

Pretty much sums it up... - Memes

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer