Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Evora Sport 410 Club - Page 7 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Evora Sport 410 Club

C8RKH

• Gold FFM
18 hours ago, philnotts said:

After owning and selling my Essex Blue GT410 Sport and missing the car, I jump ship and bought this 410 Sport! Hopefully delivery this week coming!

Not sure whether or not to remove the side decals and rear 410 Sport sticker. Apart this this, no other plans for the car, just enjoy the handling and sound!!

Thank you for the forum members who have helped me during this process.

IMG_4433.JPG

IMG_4434.JPG

IMG_4435.JPG

that is lovely, personally i would bin the stripes its where they end at the back of the door that looks wrong to me and the decal is too big, absolutely stunning colour 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 02/02/2024 at 16:50, philnotts said:

After owning and selling my Essex Blue GT410 Sport and missing the car, I jump ship and bought this 410 Sport! Hopefully delivery this week coming!

Not sure whether or not to remove the side decals and rear 410 Sport sticker. Apart this this, no other plans for the car, just enjoy the handling and sound!!

Thank you for the forum members who have helped me during this process.

IMG_4433.JPG

IMG_4434.JPG

IMG_4435.JPG

Congratulations Phil that looks amazing, hopefully see you and the car on a MLOC run soon, the colour is fantastic, would be interesting how many left the factory in that colour combination. As for your question on the decals, never been a fan always thought the looked they looked like Halfords aftermarket stickers. To be honest they look ok against the grey paint and on limited run car buyers will want to purchase a car as close to OEM in the future.

11 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Congratulations Phil that looks amazing, hopefully see you and the car on a MLOC run soon, the colour is fantastic, would be interesting how many left the factory in that colour combination. As for your question on the decals, never been a fan always thought the looked they looked like Halfords aftermarket stickers. To be honest they look ok against the grey paint and on limited run car buyers will want to purchase a car as close to OEM in the future.

Hello Scott,

Nice to hear from you and yes will have to join in the fun again on the MLOC runs, even though i only made 1 in my GT410 Sport! Hopefully more in the 410 Sport! The Scotland trip sounds good later on in the year.

I saw you took the very nice Exige from Central Lotus, i was looking around that the other week! Is it a potential purchase?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, scotty435 said:

To be honest they look ok against the grey paint and on limited run car buyers will want to purchase a car as close to OEM in the future.

You can actually buy a set of the stickers from Lotus - not that expensive. So if you do take them off, buy the set from Lotus and leasve them in the wrapping. That way the new owner can decide if they want to put them on or not.

As decals, they will start to wear around the stripe edges as you clean and polish etc.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

3 hours ago, philnotts said:

Hello Scott,

Nice to hear from you and yes will have to join in the fun again on the MLOC runs, even though i only made 1 in my GT410 Sport! Hopefully more in the 410 Sport! The Scotland trip sounds good later on in the year.

I saw you took the very nice Exige from Central Lotus, i was looking around that the other week! Is it a potential purchase?

Yes Phil it was definitely a potential  purchase always had a soft spot for the Type 25 430. But after driving the car you forgot how raw this lotus platform can be and decided that my old bones could not take the punishment anymore lol.

IMG_7435.jpeg.9c555c43ec6e4d1689dbe0b11f4ece52.jpegIMG_7421.jpeg.1ae96c416465cd1f3924097b5e43983f.jpeg

• Love 1

I got the VX220 out yesterday, first time in a year. Started first time! What a car.

These old bones may have a slight twinge today, but by christ did the rawness, suppleness and handling of 260bhp in a little silver plastic shit box put one hell of a smile on my face.

I bet that exige with 430 horses would have been stupendous. Scintillating. Titillating. Orgasmic!  Hahaha.....

That bicycle reflector on the door! So Lotus. Just bonkers superb.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

1 hour ago, scotty435 said:

Yes Phil it was definitely a potential  purchase always had a soft spot for the Type 25 430. But after driving the car you forgot how raw this lotus platform can be and decided that my old bones could not take the punishment anymore lol.

Haha, that is funny as I nearly test drove the fire red Exige 410 they have on SOR but when i sat in it, i thought this isn't going to work, so the 410 Sport was purchased!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Welcome back. I have thought about leaving but just can't!

The force may be strong with you, but remember, never take your helmet off. "This is the way".

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This time next week I should be back in a Lotus and a member of the Sport 410 club 😀

It’s been almost 7 years since my 3rd and last Lotus (Exige 350) drove off with its new owner.

Lots of cars have come and gone in between, but the lure of another Lotus was too great.

Not sure about the decals if I’m honest, but I think after 7 years on the car they may not be the easiest to get off and the paint underneath possibly slightly different shade now?

And the radio - would like to change to a DAB system.

Edited by Rancid
  • Like 1

'....it makes every other roadster look just a little bit cissy...'

Welcome!

Did you buy the Sport 410 from Lotus Nottingham? I use them for my servicing for my Sport 410.

Highly recommend https://www.deep-shine.co.uk/ if you want your car correctly detailing. They removed my decals no issue.

Also check out https://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/forum/6-events/ for local drives outs.

Cheers,

Phil

Cheers Phil

Yes I bought that one 😀

I’ve used Central since they opened when I had both my last two Exiges as I’m also in Notts.

Always had good service from them and even though neither of my other cars were bought from them, they were always good with warranty issues and servicing - first Exige needed a new clutch under warranty and they organised the whole thing including arranging the then Lotus field engineer to look at it.

Need to find my log in for MLOC too…

Very nice, it looked nice when i saw it in the showroom!

If you have any good driving routes around Nottinghamshire or surrounding areas, please pm them through!!

Are there any local or none local Sport 410 owners attending the monthly LDC meet in Derbyshire on the 21st April? - 

https://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk/areas/derbyshire?fbclid=IwAR0le04uQPPP5uLehMRk6cpF83PWw_Zee2EvdtggfxsozVNBqK4AC3rdQdk_aem_AftyIStL7_lyvjTsdTFDoPbYTHogd8O5Sne62989QaN7OzindFOwU7JSw5SpljFXHqqhP7qDsQDWlqbRO1B-Pft8

Edited by philnotts

I coach kids rugby on Sunday mornings until 12pm so I wouldn’t make it, unless it’s in the afternoon?