Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Nautilus blue 350s - Page 16 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Nautilus blue 350s

Errgh, 3 questions I think to answer...

Reason for black Alcantara; I intend to use more on other parts of the interior going forward and my seats are half leather/alcantara so kinda goes with that 👍 I think subtle contrasts work better than matching everything which can be evidenced in my choices for the exterior of my car 😁

Rear canards have minimal Aero effect to my knowledge but Lotus fitted them to the 380 in 2017 so I'm not sure what the intended purpose was other than looks, which is the primary reason I got them.

I haven't fitted the spacer's yet, I should be due for new rubber in the next month or so at which point I'll get 285 rear tyres which is the primary reason for fitting the spacer's. I would of thought that 3mm would only produced a subtle visual difference.

Step one to custom aluminium stalks has worked 😁 I have take the stalks which are painted and rubbed them down to bare aluminium. My genius friend Jay has managed to make some super fiddly symbols in vinyl which I am going to use as a mask. I will then respray in black and remove the masks leaving the symbols in raw aluminium.

This will be more durable than using stand alone stickers and a cheaper option for me than having them laser engraved.

DSC_2418.JPG

• Like 1

Both done now, pretty happy with the results. Not absolutely perfect but close enough. The wiper symbols were actually easier in the end despite the fact I expected them to be more difficult...

DSC_2422.JPG

• Like 1

All done. Fitting was pretty straightforward... Just saw through the original stalks with a razor saw. The new stalks slip over the stubs and have grub screws that bite into the original plastic stalk bases. I applied loctite to the grub screws to prevent them loosening with use. Simply slip the rubber boots over the aluminium stalks, replace the steering wheel cowling trim and jobs a good en!

DSC_2425_compress54.jpg

DSC_2424_compress45.jpg

DSC_2427_compress72.jpg

DSC_2423_compress88.jpg

Fancy doing my VX220 dash top for me? ;)

Seriously, all home done?  Wow...

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Fancy doing my VX220 dash top for me? ;)

Seriously, all home done?  Wow...

That's very flattering but I'd probably be too nervous working on someone else's pride and joy...

Yep, all done for the price of a pot of glue and some uncut alcantara off eBay 😁

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hmmm. Those would look lovely on my 410Sport Evora......

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!