Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
EVORA Weight - Page 3 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

EVORA Weight

au-yt

Resurrecting this thread as I couldn’t find one more appropriate!

I believe the NA is quoted as 1381kg (DIN?) and the S is quoted as 1438kg to the same standard.

Where on earth is all the extra weight coming from? The supercharger doesn’t add that much! Bigger wheels add a touch... what else?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I’d imagine bigger wheels and tyres could add 15-20kg, supercharger and associated pipe work etc (what, 20-30kg?), is the exhaust a different weight given it has an actuator etc, beefier suspension components add some weight (sway bars etc)? Fluids might weigh more (more oil etc for coolers)? Diffuser is bigger (but plastic). Prob all adds up I guess. 

Edited by DBG
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DBG said:

I’d imagine bigger wheels and tyres could add 15-20kg, supercharger and associated pipe work etc (what, 20-30kg?), is the exhaust a different weight given it has an actuator etc, beefier suspension components add some weight (sway bars etc)? Fluids might weigh more (more oil etc for coolers)? Diffuser is bigger (but plastic). Prob all adds up I guess. 

I still don't think it quite adds up. 20-30kg is A LOT. I'd be stunned if the supercharger paraphernalia and oil cooler weighed more than 10kg. Wheels 2kg a corner tops. So that's up to 18kg. 42kg still to find!

Suspension really isn't that different and the ARB changes aren't significant. I wonder if the N/A weight is actually for a 'zero pack' car with absolutely nothing on it, and not representative of most of the N/As out there - maybe once you've got all the 'S' options on it brings the NA weight much closer? Having said that - how heavy are the options? It's not like you've got heavy electric seat motors or air con / no air con etc.

My understanding is:

NA            1383kg       276bhp        199.57bhp  per ton  221.01 (with new headers and sport cat at 305bhp)

S                1442kg      345bhp        239.25bhp 

400          1395kg       400bhp        286.74

410           1325kg       410bhp        309.43

430          1258kg        430bhp       341.81

The added weight is not in the wheels @DBG. Standard NA wheels were cast and 46kg per set and 18/19", whereas the "S" wheels where forged and 44.5kg per set 19/20".  Granted the larger tyres will add some weight but surely not more than say 1-2kg max per set.

I can see the supercharger and associated pipework etc adding 20kgs. That I'd fine believable having felt the weight of the smaller supercharger on my VX220. I think the S had some "extra" kit to the NA too as standard and that would add to the weight (i.e. the NA had a single DIN radio as standard, pretty sure S was double din, etc.)

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, jerzybondov said:

I'd be stunned if the supercharger paraphernalia and oil cooler weighed more than 10kg.

Prepared to be stunned then. The SC itself is a lot more than 10kg. Then add the extra piping to the front of the car, oil cooler, extra fluids etc etc.

• Like 2

I believe that "just" the Supercharger, without ancillaries, is around 12.5kg.  Then you need to add the other bits, so all up the Supercharger conversion was probably 20kgs on it's own.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

18/19 wheels and single DIN radio, standard fitment on both the NA and S so the added weight down the SC and its ancillaries, nothing else apart from the S badge.

Yes but @scotty435 that S badge was bloody heavy!  A bit like the car, the heaviest Evora ever made lol....  :)

• Like 1

The small print.

Awe come one guys, we all know Lotus understate weight and overstate performance. The sooner they adopt the Porsche model of quoting weights that are too heavy and timings that are slower than fuckwit journos can achieve the better.

:yes:

• 5 months later...

Am I right in recalling that I read somewhere that the S with all the super charger bits amounts to 50kg 

I have the S sports racer so it has all the packs and I’m interested in making it lighter

are the heated components in the seats easily to remove?

has anyone weighed the bulky air box and the heated components in the seats?

45 minutes ago, Troy5925 said:

has anyone weighed the bulky air box and the heated components in the seats?

The OEM airbox (courtesy of a RAV4, IIRC) might be large & bulky but it’s not that heavy. I’ve just weighed my old one and it’s only 3kg. The ITG airbox that replaced it is probably a touch heavier!

I also think that the savings from removing the heating pads would be minimal (if it was even that easy to access them). Maybe 1-2kg per side. 

If you’re serious about weight loss, I’d look at replacing the adjustable Recaros (with their heavy runners) with something fixed. And then replacing the single piece rotors with 2 piece rotors and maybe trying to get a very light, forged set of wheels. The rear seat is also very easy to remove (but once again only saves a few kgs). 

Oh yeah, the rear glass hatch is also pretty weighty. I’d look at changing that. 

• Like 1

There are other bits you can easily change.

Exhaust

Brake Discs

Glass in the tailgate.

Wheels are a possibility but they will have to be custom made which makes them expensive.

Also as someone pointed out to me, eating less and taking up a gym membership can reduce the deadweight in the drivers seat.