Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Giugiaro Esprit S1 Full Restoration - Page 2 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Giugiaro Esprit S1 Full Restoration

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 weeks later...

It just looks amazing!! Perfect indeed. (I know you wont think its perfection - your eye will only be drawn to the imperfections you can see but trust me, to everyone else's eyes its perfect!)

Very jealous indeed. 

However, please put me out of my misery - the post you made on October 29th, you have a picture including the window frames. Why does the top frame have strange curly bits to it when it clearly cant have?? Is it an optical illusion or have I lost my mind??

Si

• Like 2

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Ah, yes - they are also curving up towards the camera - I guess they were laid out on a slope.

Bizarre effect though!

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Yes, the driveway does slope. Which made things difficult pushing it out to assemble. Especially with the build wheels, which had tyres with slow punctures.

I had to put the car on proper wheels and tyres for the next stage of the restoration. Which is next ....

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Fridge said:

purchased 175 70 14 Dunlop Classic Sport tyres for the rears which had just been released, and 165 60 14 Maxxis for the fronts

Weird dimensions of the tires that you use? Uncanny to drive.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jeanvm said:

Weird dimensions of the tires that you use? Uncanny to drive.

Standard S1, unless I've written them down wrongly. It has been nearly 20 months.

Yes, sorry. I meant 205 70 14 and 205 60 14. I've covered a lot since I tackled the wheels and tyres in February-April 2018.

• Like 1

@Jeanvm I still need to put these through their paces now that I've had the suspension geometry set up professionally. Write up to follow.

I'm extremely happy with the settings on paper. The car is finely balanced, particularly side-2-side. On the 120 miles I've done since would certainly suggest the tyres are doing their stuff.

5 hours ago, Lotusfab said:

Interior pics please!

All in good time @Lotusfab I'm still writing up the assembly and publishing in a logical and chronological order.

Having got the car running and set up I'm now tackling the finishing aspects, so you'll have to wait a while. There's no rush.

• Like 1