Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Cup 430 Club - Page 4 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Cup 430 Club

BatMobile

36 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

Being one of the seriously burned 380 customers (by around two months into ownership and after asking exactly the same questions) to me it’s once bitten, twice shy.

Great cars, watch this space...

Being honest Mark it was your experience that kept me from going down the 430 route - as sods law something special will come the day after I take delivery. I hope those days are behind us, but the focus Lotus has on existing customers leaves a lot to be desired so I hope they are at least being straight with people now especially existing customers 

Anyway back to the thread in hand!

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
Just now, MrP_ said:

Being honest Mark it was your experience that kept me from going down the 430 route - as sods law something special will come the day after I take delivery. I hope those days are behind us, but the focus Lotus has on existing customers leaves a lot to be desired so I hope they are at least being straight with people now especially existing customers 

Its the same or even worse with McLaren, Ferrari & Lamborghini.  If anything Lotus are better than the bigger boys who really devastate the values of almost new cars by bringing out something better and cheaper 3 months after their latest offering!  Bought a Performate for £250k?  Congratulations the Evo has the same power in a more usable package so you have just lost £100k!  Bought a McLaren 600LT, well they just released the 600R making that obsolete and worth £80k less.  How about a Cayman GT4?  Well the  GTS with same engine & gearbox is now available for £20k less!  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bispal said:

Its the same or even worse with McLaren, Ferrari & Lamborghini.  If anything Lotus are better than the bigger boys who really devastate the values of almost new cars by bringing out something better and cheaper 3 months after their latest offering!  Bought a Performate for £250k?  Congratulations the Evo has the same power in a more usable package so you have just lost £100k!  Bought a McLaren 600LT, well they just released the 600R making that obsolete and worth £80k less.  How about a Cayman GT4?  Well the  GTS with same engine & gearbox is now available for £20k less!  

Hear hear! Kept me off a move to Macca this year no matter how tempting - first world problems I know!

Just now, MrP_ said:

Hear hear! Kept me off a move to Macca this year no matter how tempting - first world problems I know!

Well I just bought a McLaren to go with the 430, but it was a 675LT, I made sure I bought one that was rare and as near to the bottom of its depreciation curve as I could possibly estimate!  Fingers crossed! 

• Like 1

Just sold my 570s Track Pack after 10 months use, no issues and only expense was a service and front pads. Got almost back what I paid so pretty cheap motoring for a Supercar 

My Cup 430 is also working out very cost effective to run, although this is more likely  with its overall package 

1 hour ago, Bispal said:

Well I just bought a McLaren to go with the 430, but it was a 675LT, I made sure I bought one that was rare and as near to the bottom of its depreciation curve as I could possibly estimate!  Fingers crossed! 

And its a cracking looking machine you have there!

19 hours ago, Screem said:

ive been really fussy about the detail on the car and gone a bit mad on the options/ exclusive programme to really make the car my own.

Because of this there has been a lot of toing and froing as well as lots of arm twisting to get the factory to agree to do what I want which has dragged things on since the turn of the year.

Im keeping quiet on the details publicly but I’m confident the car will be stunning once completed. 😉

Good luck and good job going through the Exclusive Programme! It's a great thing for Lotus to do, weird that they don't advertise it as much as they should... 

Looking forward to seeing what you've come up with 👍

• Gold FFM
40 minutes ago, RRSSS said:

Good luck and good job going through the Exclusive Programme! It's a great thing for Lotus to do, weird that they don't advertise it as much as they should... 

Looking forward to seeing what you've come up with 👍

Thanks RRSSS 👍  

The 430 is a beautiful car but IMO had areas that could be improved so I’ve attempted to correct those using the exclusive programme. If I’m completely honest it took a bit more effort than I’d thought but I think we’re there now. 
I wasn’t happy with my 2012 Evora s a few years back so had to “tinker” with that to get it what I thought made it look better. 
it was  great car once I’d made some changes.
In fact I’m pretty certain lotus launched “signature orange” as an option thanks to me respraying my car back in 2015, some time before sig orange was even an option with lotus! 😉

FC5CCDE5-D549-4B5B-B228-6BE5C9D563A9.jpeg

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Screem said:

Thanks RRSSS 👍  

The 430 is a beautiful car but IMO had areas that could be improved so I’ve attempted to correct those using the exclusive programme. If I’m completely honest it took a bit more effort than I’d thought but I think we’re there now. 

Agreed, that's why I went down the same route when I ordered mine! 👍

On 24/01/2020 at 16:13, Tex said:

Just sold my 570s Track Pack after 10 months use, no issues and only expense was a service and front pads. Got almost back what I paid so pretty cheap motoring for a Supercar 

My Cup 430 is also working out very cost effective to run, although this is more likely  with its overall package 

Interesting to hear your thoughts on the comparison of the two cars- performance , ride quality,reliability etc....

What setup is everyone using for charging the battery when not in use?

Ive ordered a 4.5m extension cable from Optimate and plan to use the leads that you wire permanently to the battery terminals.

There seems to be regular mention of airing the battery to let gases escape so it then becomes a PITA if I have to remove the screws each time to take the boot side panel away to create some air circulation each time it’s charging.

17 hours ago, TerryCTR said:

I should have been clearer, it’s plastered over the cup manual and I was wondering if it’s just the usual ott h&s talk or is there something to it.

Mine has an extension lead attached to the battery which I can connect to the trickle charger that comes with the car.

i was told to just plug it in and shut the boot which is what I’ve done to date.

bell&colvill had my car for a while before I bought it and were doing the same!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello all, my rear tyres are up for replacement and I'm just wondering where people have bought them from before?

Also do the Cup 430's use a specific variant of the Cup 2 tyre as several manufacturers have their own version? I had heard lotus use BMW variants

Thanks in advance,

Alex 

46 minutes ago, alexthewheelman said:

I had heard lotus use BMW variants

There will be a marking on the side of the tyre in a small box to denote this if it's the case and their marking is a *. 

The Evora used Mercedes fitment tyres initial and were marked MO and MO1 for example. 

https://www.tyremen.co.uk/help-advice/tyre-markings

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.