Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Cup 430 Club - Page 13 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Cup 430 Club

BatMobile

16 hours ago, jep said:

@Mitch Foden-Clarke the Halfords was just the male connector, you would then have to use a bit of DIY with a Tamiya connector or Molex or similar to join the wires. Or buy the Optimate  branded one or one ready made which would just be a bit more expensive. 

I am assuming the Exige 12v port is NOT live from factory.......plug something in to see when the ignition is off. Evora boot 12v is live always from factory for trickle charging but the one in the cabin is not live when ignition off. My Exige, I asked Oakmere to ensure 12v in cabin (there is none in the boot) was permanently live. 

Or have a feed connected to the battery with a tail in the boot for easy hook up to the trickle charger.

Justin

Thanks for the advise Justin. I'd probably be better off buying the Optimate connection as I'd F**k it up for sure if I tried to wire it myself..... 🙈😂 

I'll check if the 12v in the cabin is live when the ignition is off and if not I'll look into getting it wired to be permanently on. 

Where do you feed the charger wire through the car when charging in the cabin as to not upset the alarm? 

Simplify, then add lightness

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
13 hours ago, Tex said:

I have the Full 2bular and comes with the 200 sport cat 

BDD19825-60F6-44BC-B9AE-0315B443E5C7.png

86EDD33B-ABD5-4AD5-A61B-6B543AE596B6.jpeg

That's pretty tasty buddy 😍 

So with the sports CAT you don't have any MOT issues 👍

Did you gain any HP with the full system and did you have to get your car re-mapped after the full system was fitted to feel the full benefits?

13 hours ago, Gordon S said:

Mitch, I discovered this summer that my QP is a bitch to get on and off. You’ll see from my previous posts that I was (and still am) really pleased with the noise level. But my plan was to swap between the glorious OEM Ti back box and the QP back box between track days. I’ve actually done that between OEM Ti and Lotus quiet, which I had borrowed off Alastair. It was a doddle, due to the way they link to the manifold. Both designs are identical in terms of fitment. Then I bought the QP. Left it on for a couple of months and it took me bloody ages to get it off due to the sleeve (pipe over pipe) design. Not saying it can’t be done, of course it can. But I like an easy life…. 😁

I know plenty of people who’ve had the QP system on for ages and love it, and I don’t disagree. But if you’re planning to be swapping it over yourself, at least consider the Lotus quiet exhaust. It’s more expensive and out of stock at times but still worth a look. 
Obviously doesn’t apply if you’ll be buying a full system like Tex.  

I appreciate the advise mate thank you. 

Is this the lotus silencer that you're referring to;

https://www.seriouslylotus.com/lotus-quiet-track-silencer-400-series-cars

I would love a full system maybe one day in the future but in the meantime I just like to do some track days next summer with a simple replacement silencer that meets track noise restraints that I can swap on and off fairly easily as it'll only be fitted for a day or two here and there to get me on track. If the Lotus silencer is quicker and easier to fit onto the other original OEM components I'll probably go down that route for now and maybe look at a 2Bular full system down the line in. 

Tex's full system does look beautiful though!! 🤤

3 hours ago, Jcx said:

Interloper alert with a 'shy and retiring' 410 (in the face of you 'brash attention-grabbing' 430 owners 🤣)

Mitch, welcome! Lovely pics and cracking car.  Glad to be a sounding board for you during your search.

On exhausts, my loud 410 with stock exhaust is accepted at noisy track days -- cadwell being one.  I would not want to live with mine without the noisy exhaust as it is part of the fun and swapping it for track days is beyond my easy grasp.  I am impressed by those who do swap.

The Cartainer looks ace.  Good value too.  nice find.

BTW folks.  Mitch is quite talented at measuring and cutting and joining bits of wood 🥰  -- I wish you were closer to Northants Mitch!!

Hi Joe 

Good to hear from you mate.

It's funny that we met on instagram quite a long time ago now and our paths have now crossed in the world of Lotus. Thanks for the shout out on the woodwork 👍 precisionwodwork_mfc if anyone wanted a look on instagram 😉😂

I really appreciated your advise whilst I was looking for a car and I've been enjoying reading the Absolute Lotus magazine of an evening. I haven't gotten to your section yet but I'm making my way through it. 

I've never been to Cadwell Park but from what I've seen of it on YouTube it looks like the best track in the country. I love the undulations in the track and it looks perfect for a Lotus or a kit car. I would really love to go there one day. Unfortunately it's almost 9 hours from me so it probably won't be the first track that I go to but I must get there one day. 

I love the sound of the OEM exhaust when the valve opens at 4000rpm and I did see a remote control you can buy where you can either have the value open or closed at the touch of a button within the cabin. Great for not upsetting the neighbours and you'd get that amazing sound through the whole rev range if/when you wanted it. It wouldn't be a solution for track days because they recommend that you don't have the valve closed with spirited driving but I thought that it would be cool to get the exhaust noise continuously as opposed to only at 4000 rmp and over.

See link below;

https://www.komo-tec.com/en/lotus-exige/mk3-toyota-v6350380/exhaust/110/rc-exhaust-valve-control

3 hours ago, Bibs said:

Thanks for signing up as a Full Forum Member, your support is appreciated. If you do want a Lotus system, let me know and you'll get 10% off which makes that £24pa look good value :D

Fantastic news!! 😊

Thank you for mentioning it and that sounds great 😁 I won't really be needing one until next year when the weather perks up and I start doing track days around April time but I have heard that stock levels and lead times can fluctuate a lot so I might be wise not to leave it until the last minute. 

Hiya Mitch.  Small and friendly world this 🙂  You can also buy a switch to enable opening of the exhaust.  Its a cheap thing and easy to do on most if not all cars if you know what you are doing.  You can also do a trick where you unplug the exhaust vacuum thingy and bung it.  More info here.

• Love 1

I'd forgotten about that option actually mate as the guy that I brought the car from said the same thing and he left some bungs in the boot (amongst other stuff) for me. I would be cautious about having the exhaust loud all of the time without the ability to close it off because I wouldn't want to upset my neighbours too much. They probably think it's loud with the valve 🙈 closed. 

I appreciate the advise as always though buddy. 

I just saw on instgram that you car is in with Statton at the moment. Their garage looks very professional and again it's a fair distance from me (8.5 hours) but I would rather travel to good garage when the times comes for a service etc. They're only a couple of hours from Cadwell Park so I could potentially make a trip of it and get a track day in whilst I'm in the East side of the country. I don't think the service on my Exige is due until April so no rush but I have been keeping an eye out for a good Lotus garage for future work. How has your experience been with Statton? 

I find Stratton good.  They have always looked after MIG as the supplying dealer.  they are not convenient for me too but as they are adjacent to the factory i take some comfort from the fact that parts a a short drive away from them if required 'in the moment'.

I'd do cadwell again with you if you come up!  Check out Lotus on Track as their track days are great and well organised Lotus-only sessions.  if you join pls mention me.  I dont think i get any benefits but its alwways nice to know where new business comes from.

as for noisy all the time... pah.  your neighbours should be paying you for the sonorous entertainment.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Mitch Foden-Clarke said:

Thanks for the advise Justin. I'd probably be better off buying the Optimate connection as I'd F**k it up for sure if I tried to wire it myself..... 🙈😂 

I'll check if the 12v in the cabin is live when the ignition is off and if not I'll look into getting it wired to be permanently on. 

Where do you feed the charger wire through the car when charging in the cabin as to not upset the alarm? 

Bottom of the door is fine, cable is protected by the door seal trim. You can disable the alarm with two clicks of the key fob (I think that is correct, check handbook) if you would rather run the cable through a tiny gap of the door glass.

If the 12v is not live and you are paying to have it made live, it may be just as cheap to ask them to wire a cable direct to the battery feed and have the connection in the boot. Mine has this but it is a CTEK connector and I don't use CTEK chargers. Optimate, AirFlow or cheapy Lidl ones are my preference. Oakmere ensured my 12v cabin feed was live FOC but I had one made live on Elise and was charged (!) 2 hours labour.

Justin

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Jcx said:

I find Stratton good.  They have always looked after MIG as the supplying dealer.  they are not convenient for me too but as they are adjacent to the factory I take some comfort from the fact that parts a a short drive away from them if required 'in the moment'.

I'd do cadwell again with you if you come up!  Check out Lotus on Track as their track days are great and well organised Lotus-only sessions.  if you join pls mention me.  I dont think i get any benefits but its alwways nice to know where new business comes from.

as for noisy all the time... pah.  your neighbours should be paying you for the sonorous entertainment.

I didn't realise that Stratton was so close to the Lotus factory. Might be able to tie it in with a track day at Hethel or Cadwell 😁 I'd been very keen for that next year buddy 🤜🤛 

I've just paid my sign up membership on the 'Lotus on Track' website and it asked where I heard about them so I put your name down in the box. They organise a lot of Lotus track days by the looks of it so I'll try and tie it in with my annual service next year which I think is around April time and keep you posted.

Awesome Fire GIF by MotorTrend

2 hours ago, jep said:

Bottom of the door is fine, cable is protected by the door seal trim. You can disable the alarm with two clicks of the key fob (I think that is correct, check handbook) if you would rather run the cable through a tiny gap of the door glass.

If the 12v is not live and you are paying to have it made live, it may be just as cheap to ask them to wire a cable direct to the battery feed and have the connection in the boot. Mine has this but it is a CTEK connector and I don't use CTEK chargers. Optimate, AirFlow or cheapy Lidl ones are my preference. Oakmere ensured my 12v cabin feed was live FOC but I had one made live on Elise and was charged (!) 2 hours labour.

Justin

I think I'd rather run it under the door and keep the alarm active but it would save lifting the boot if it was as simple as plugging it into the cigarette outlet 😁 Although I drive it at least once a week usually I always leave my cars on charge in the Carcoon. 

I really appreciate your help buddy. I'll let you know how I get on 👍

1 minute ago, Bibs said:

Perfect thanks pal 😁

• 1 month later...

Morning everyone. I'm new here and am interested in buying the Type 25 430 Cup the is for sale on Collecting Cars. I was wondering if anyone knows the car on here. Its no9 of the 25 built. It was originally sold by Leven Lotus in Scotland. And I would like to know your thoughts on the car having done approximately 200 miles on track. Its putting me off but am I being too wary. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Great thread by the way.

• Like 1

I don’t know the car I’m afraid but I can say that a bit of track mileage wouldn’t put me off. They’re designed for it. 

Assuming the history is accurate (low mileage, properly serviced etc) and the condition is as you’d expect, I’d say crack on. 

Then once you’ve bought it, take it on track to experience it an all it’s glory. 😊

• Like 1

I agree with @Gordon S Tracked cars tend to be better looked after and driven more sympathetically (warmed up/cooled down properly etc).

these cars come alive on track and you’d be missing a huge part of the ownership if it only saw the road.

they are so light that track work doesn’t put the car under huge stresses, this is proven by the very slow rate they burn through tyres/brakes etc compared to heavier rivals.

I was pit crew for an Exige (albeit an S2) in the Nurburgring 24 a few years back. 24 hours of lapping the 'Ring and expected consumables were tyres and fuel, they're incredibly durable on track as pointed out. :thumbup:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

7 hours ago, Troyboy said:

Morning everyone. I'm new here and am interested in buying the Type 25 430 Cup the is for sale on Collecting Cars. I was wondering if anyone knows the car on here. Its no9 of the 25 built. It was originally sold by Leven Lotus in Scotland. And I would like to know your thoughts on the car having done approximately 200 miles on track. Its putting me off but am I being too wary. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Great thread by the way.

More worrying is buying it through the Auction Site collecting cars !!

You need to be aware that you have no consumer protection and at the drop of the hammer they will immediately take 6% of the price from your card so potentially up to £6,000.

If you are going to bid then definitely view car before hand as if there is something wrong, and you don’t proceed you will not get your £6,000 back no matter what the issue. EL does not do refunds on the buyers fee as per his CC’s terms.

Very poor buyers terms so read them and understand all the legal implications!

Also be aware CC do get their trade friends to bid up the price if they are also selling it.

• Like 1

All I can add is my 430CUP, the type 49, was the press car and did 1,850 miles in the hands of journalists like Chris Harris who drove it round Portamau sideways and gavin kershaw who ragged it up the hill at the Goodwood FoS for 3 days in 2018. And it's been 100% reliable 6k miles later still 100% fine. You can see my car on lotus YouTube bouncing off its rev limiter doing donuts at goodwood fos and didn't put me off. GO FOR IT

• Like 1

As the only other Type 25 owner here in the UK I can thoroughly recommend snapping this up. A truly fantastic car which is so rare you’ll feel special wherever you go (as long as you don’t live in the south east). 

• Haha 1

Cheers Nathan. The write up on Collecting Cars says that there is only two in total in the country but on Google images there are three green ones with British plates. You snapped yours up before I got the chance to have a look. Another stunning car.