Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
'Phil's Spec' Evora GT 410 - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

'Phil's Spec' Evora GT 410

KAS-118

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

No I don’t believe it is - there’s more to come and this isn’t the “new”car promised for 2020/21. As mentioned this is a parts bin special and another way of being able to sell another new model. No carbon on this car so should be cheaper and no doubt will be more to be had off it, if a buyer were to approach a dealer for a deal.

The new car (I think anyway) will be seen nearer the end of the year as confirmed by Phil Popham in every interview he’s done. Remember we are looking for a new car based on the Evora platform but with better ingress and egress and updated entertainment system etc etc.

More patience required........we’ve come this far!👍

• Like 2

Hopefully this is nothing more than a parts bin special to clear out the shelves for whatever is coming next, but it will all be in vain unless they do a far better job when it comes to marketing whatever they have to offer.

• Like 1

To be honest this latest model has cost nothing to develop. Everything already exists. It’s just a question of putting the right parts on the right chassis on the production line. I doubt it will be a big seller, even by Evora standards. If you’re in the market for something like this, wouldn’t you just wait and see what the proper new Evora based car is going to be? I guess that’s why they’re not leaking anything about it.

• Like 1

I agree, muddled thinking and frankly now quite a confusing model line up in terms of the naming.  I like the idea of a touring spec - it shouldn't ever have gone from the lineup to be honest.  In 2009, it was one of the cars most talked about accomplishment.

Terrible marketing outcome too -  allowing 'Phils spec' to be used to describe the car.

• Like 1

Yes have to admit it’s late coming to the market, but it is a car that customers been asking for a softer version of the GT410 since that was launched. Just hope it’s not like the GT430 sport, the car that everyone wanted saying the GT430 wing and splitter where over the top. When lotus obviously listened to customers and gave them 430sport guess what nobody brought it. Lotus can’t do right for doing wrong.

• Like 1

I would have bought a Sport430 but the timing was wrong. In fact, I'd be happy to buy one still and I know the exact spec I would go for, but, they won't sell me one. So hey ho.

I'm hoping the new model will be worth me swapping my 410 Sport for.  Phil's spec is about profit, nothing more in my opinion as all that lovely carbon bodywork did cost!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Jeez Scotty, why so negative?! 😜

GT430 Sport ended up selling more GT430s than they anticipated so all was not lost. A really great car slipped by without being noticed however, again it was never promoted or very well understood. Even here not many recognized the value on offer at the time in comparison to the GT410 Sport that followed. Can't help but think the GT430 Sport spec would do better now at £104k if it was released as a range topper. Quite likely that we'll see pretty much that spec again as the 'Final Edition' Evora. I'd ditch the GT410 Sport now and have a GT430 Sport plus the new GT410. A supple, road focused version and a lightweight carbon clad road/track sex machine. But no, you can't order it with the super high downforce aero package! 

• Like 1

Which customers have been asking for this softer version? Where is the market?

Ref the P comparison. I used that to illustrate where the price point is.  The production costs aren't the general public's concern. They and now even I, will pay the market price unless something special is offered. What is 10-15K special enough to get new custom, over comparable cost of the 62K S1 sc when it was launched (adjusted for inflation)?

3 minutes ago, AK70 said:

I love my S1 for its sport touring capabilities and real road driving fun.
Can easily take a mid-sized suitcase in the rear, and still has a boot for duffelbags etc.. but drives like no limo, hot hatch etc. can..

If I had to replace it today, I checked the follwing cars:
Alpine A110: not enough place inside, no boot, fund drive, but not better than S1 suspension/steering/braking wise
718 GTS 4.0: What a move from Porsche to bring back a sweet 6er.. will test drive one, but again not enough place inside.
Must drive heavenly to convice me to switch. 
Evora 410/430sport: Certainly fun to drive on track. But in comparison with S1 not better as Sport touring car on a B-road.

Now the "new" Evora GT: I like!  This would be my preference if I had to replace my S1 today. Which I don't ;-))
Good to see that Lotus bring back the sport touring to its range!

The GT410 Sport drives and feels totally different to the S1 they are almost totally different cars, so if this is an S1 type car with all the other improvements it should be good, I would still pony up the extra £3k for the GT410 Sport, I never feel mine is too sporty, too impractical or the ride is too hard!

Edited by j141

11 minutes ago, PAR said:

Basically priced exactly like a base 911 carrera.

Basically Porsche never sales a base 911 Carrera, they always have extras.

However, more and more I can see why the 911 Carrera sells and its attraction.

This Evora should be pitched at £75k list max to really take on the 911. However, with a Boxster GTS at £65k it really pains me to say this but that is where my money would go with £10k to spend on extras.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

4 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Yes have to admit it’s late coming to the market, but it is a car that customers been asking for a softer version of the GT410 since that was launched. Just hope it’s not like the GT430 sport, the car that everyone wanted saying the GT430 wing and splitter where over the top. When lotus obviously listened to customers and gave them 430sport guess what nobody brought it. Lotus can’t do right for doing wrong.

I think the 430 sport sold that bad because of its pricing - list price in Germany was in the region of a 911 Gt3 Touring, or, if you already have owned a (good) s1, you would have had to pay around 100.000 Euros a n d your udes Evora to get a 430 sport.....The "winged" 430 even did not sell well on the continent, still some cars sitting at the dealers.

Re the 410 GT: I wonder that the Michelin sport 4s are descr. as "all weather tires" - Ithink its an "UHP" tire just like the Pirell P Zero Corsa? (I guess some sort of british humor?)

39 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Basically Porsche never sales a base 911 Carrera, they always have extras.

However, more and more I can see why the 911 Carrera sells and its attraction.

This Evora should be pitched at £75k list max to really take on the 911. However, with a Boxster GTS at £65k it really pains me to say this but that is where my money would go with £10k to spend on extras.

Personally... I'd buy the Cayman GTS 4.0 at 65k and keep the change. 

41 minutes ago, Gashead1105 said:

Personally... I'd buy the Cayman GTS 4.0 at 65k and keep the change. 

Think of the resale people will shout!

The small print.