Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I'm in China - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

I'm in China

Steven162

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Wow please keep writing and keep us informed we are not getting this information from our news outlets, please keep yourself safe and let’s hope things start to get better not just for yourself but the world in general, it’s scary times.

As Barry mentioned, some of the news/social posts are concerning.  It is good to hear that some level of normality continues, albeit limited.  Stay safe, Steve! 

Good advice. I am sat in front of my computer with a Haz suit and full plumbed in air recirculation unit. You just can't take any chances.

Ordered my wife a chicken chow mien last night. It's almost been 24 hours and she has no symptoms so was going to order one for myself tonight as it seems safe!

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Really interesting post thanks for Sharing.

Must be hard coming from Norfolk and going to China and finding your way even to do the basics like shop at a Supermarket. Do the company offer you assistance and an interpreter etc? I can't imagine many people speak English.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I have a friend who works for Great Wall Motors and sends regular newsletters to friends.  Luckily, his wife works from home but has been on extended leave and New Year celebrations with Chinese family members flyimg in were curtailed.

Some of the local villages have cut themselves off with signs saying, "Visitors not welcome."  Many shops and all restaurants are closed although McDonalds are providing a delivery service.  He receives long MMS messages giving the latest statistics about the virus and giving advice about hygiene, behaviour when outside, buying food and cooking, and storage safety.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

USAndretti42, that sounds right. I get a text from Unicom (my mobile company) every day in Chinese, I have forwarded to friends and they say the texts say things like "wear a mask, don't go out unless you need to, contact a hospital if you feel unwell etc.

People are desperately trying to return to their normal homes from their hometowns so they can resume work, there are many stories of people getting medical clearance, police clearance etc. to leave their hometowns and arriving at their work city to either not being allowed in, or allowed in but then not being allowed into their communities. In  most cities hotels are closed or have been taken over by the government as hospitals. There are people living in tents and their cars in several cities.

I am going to work from Monday, the whole department had to do an online test covering the new rules to return to work, I also need a work permit and work license to leave the community every day from Monday.

All restaurants, shops etc. still closed except for a few supermarkets, again plenty of food in the supermarkets that are open. 

On 24/02/2020 at 17:31, Steven162 said:

and of apartments of families doing quarantine literally being nailed shut for 14 days, they get 14 days food, the door is covered over with steel which is opened 14 days later.

:o

They don't do things by half do they! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Steven162 said:

Some backlash against foreigners as the news reports all new cases are people arriving in China with the virus, at the weekend some Chinese people refused to in a lift with me.

This made me laugh, not in a good way, due to the total numbfooks in this country and in Europe who targeted innocent Chinese/Asians with "hate" in our communities here.  Glad there is some semblance of normality returning and hope the cases continue to decline as it is a clear indicator to us as to what is required. Keep healthy!

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!