Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
power upgrades - Page 2 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

power upgrades

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 1 month later...

Hello Everyone,  

small update on my car, I ended up choosing a Harrop TVS1900 non-cooled kit, mainly because there is no independent shop that specialize Lotus here and non-cooled kit is very easy to install. Just drove the car back from the shop and quite like the new found noise coming from the air intake. haven't really push the car but can tell immediately there is a lot more torque. Taiwan is known to have very hot and humid summer so decided to install aquamist water/methanol injection; shop pre tap a hole on the compressor for the nozzle and since ecu will not make any compensation to the cooler air (no IAT sensor after compressor) I will first try the smallest nozzle available from Aquamist(80cc/min). will update again after aquamist is in place.

Thanks the guys at SSC, their quick replies made the whole experience silky smooth.

S__4456450.jpg

S__4464654.jpg

S__4472838.jpg

S__4472841.jpg

S__4489222.jpg

S__4538375.jpg

S__4538378.jpg

IMG_20200417_102104.jpg

IMG_20200414_211702.jpg

IMG_20200414_211955.jpg

IMG_20200416_102015.jpg

Edited by Team Lotus
  • Like 1

Due to its simplicity maybe one day in a future lock down event a nice project for Lotus Development Center Belgium 😀😀😀

@dixie v6 what do you think? 🤔

@Team Lotus congratulations!  Looking forward to your experience with the TVS1900 and the Aquamist system.  So you inject the ethanol pre blower, correct?  How do you avoid running lean because the ECU won't know IAT are going down and won't compensate for a more "oxygen rich mixture"?  (sorry for these noob questions, have no experience whatsoever with ethanol injection).  Thanks for pioneering!

• Like 1

Hello @Kristof Thys, inject pre blower and water only won't change air/fuel ratio. to get the most out of water/methanol injection you need to get the car tuned; i'm adding it not to increase power but just to prevent engine knock during summer track days. all info came from searching on google and asking around so if something doesn't sound right, please let me know. thanks!

red circle shows where the nozzle will be installed.

S__4538379.jpg

Edited by Team Lotus

• 3 months later...

Hello Guys, after getting some parts fixed I finally got the water injection kit installed last week. car is running on a Aquamist HSF3 kit with 0.4C 150ml/m nozzle.

car is not tune with water injection, rather its just there to add a bit of safety against detonation during hot days in Taiwan. So I was expecting some lost of power when it kicks in but surprisingly I don't feel any power lost when its running (butt dyno lol). feel free to ask me aquamist settings if you guys decide to get one. cheers 

1596005281523.jpg

1596005283968.jpg

IMG_20200725_032418.jpg

• Like 1

What is triggering the injection, is it modulated and how big is your water tank? Looks like you'll burn through 1 Litre of water in 6 minutes. 💦

I had an Aquamist system on a previous V8 Esprit which if I remember correctly kicked in above certain IATs and matched the fuel injection duty cycle to control the amount of water injected. I have to confess I didn't apply much science to the setup and was probably lucky not to inject too much and do some damage.  😯

Good luck it should help a lot if you get it right. 

cheers

-Chris

• Like 1

@cweeden its trigger by fuel injection duty cycle signal. Good thing on Aquamist kit is that it doesn't just turns on and off, spray is controlled by a fast acting valve that ramp up spray from trigger point to max.

kit does not come with water tank, so just I just bought one from "SNOW", tank is only 2.84L but it doesn't use much water on a 1.5 hrs mountain road drive. it still had 3/4 of water when i got home. Reckon it'll gobble up much faster on track.

I was afraid to put too much water so i first tried 80ml/m nozzle but ended up using 150ml/m, didn't try more flow cuz that's the biggest one i've ordered.

Edited by Team Lotus

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/02/2020 at 22:45, C8RKH said:

I'm curious why KomoTec dropped it.

Some check engine light issue on a few cars (2 as far as I remember) they mounted the AUTO-BLiP on.
As here : https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/92191-exige-380-ecu-remap/?do=findComment&comment=840962
So they decided to drop it from their store.