Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brexit - Page 133 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, thebartman said:

How's a Romanian (EU) wine going to get here ? Or Italian Prosecco, or Spanish Riocha? I don't know, but someone here might - what are WTO tarrifs on this stuff? or is it just Olde English "Longbow" humour and waving 2 fingers ?

Between 8 and 12 pence per bottle depending on ABV of the wine. Hardly the doomsday scenario portrayed by the press 

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

27 minutes ago, mg4lotus said:

Being realistic, we all know that that 8 or 12 pence per bottle will be £2 or£3 per bottle extra coming out of your wallet

How so? It's a competitive market so if the price rises significantly above the tariff, that is profiteering and will just make the non EU wines look better value. So who wins?

Anyway looks like we have a deal. The early indications are it's not horrendous. So around Easter looking forward to winding up all those remoaner doomsayers about how the world hasn't stopped.

Assuming of course (and to ensure we remain on topic) that the COVID vaccine does not cause us to mutate into gormless brain dead cannibal Zombies as per so many Hollywood/Streaming productions. The good news is Brad Pitt still lives and will save us.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I see that “gob almighty” Anneliese Dodds has already told us how bad the deal is because it is too “thin” and will be detrimental to our GDP.

How come she’s seen the full text then before anyone else? Or is she the last of the Corbynites on the Labour front bench who just has to criticise everything Tory, as she has done so with the furlough payments etc.

This Labour Party have really learned the art of growing feet since the number of times they shoot themselves in the foot is beyond belief. Too thick to realise the long term damage that has been done to their Party over the past 10 years.

• Gold FFM

Been to aldi this morning to pick up some odds and sods for xmas. Mainly snacks and stuff as the missus likes all to eat healthy - and me and the kids love naughty stuff.

According to the bbc I was heading to shelves much like those found in third world countries. However imagine my surprise when I came out with a turkey ( We’ve got beef and lamb already so weren’t bothered ) fillet steaks, salad, booze, nuts etc etc - there was nothing I couldn’t buy. Even bog roll was available. 

No long queues to get in - car park 1/3 full at most.

I’m sure however the shelves will be empty in late jan 🤭🤪🙄

• Like 2

Only here once

15 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

I see that “gob almighty” Anneliese Dodds has already told us how bad the deal is because it is too “thin” and will be detrimental to our GDP.

She is way out of her depth .. all mouth and no trousers 

6 minutes ago, SFO said:

She is way out of her depth .. all mouth and no trousers 

Someond should stuff a sweaty sock in her mouth. Then at least something of substance could come out of it.

The small print.

Looks like a bit of remainer coordination as Dominic Grieve just came out with the same very thin line.

Meanwhile what was supposed to be an 11am announcement I think hasn't happened. Still discussing.

1 hour ago, scotty435 said:

Great news Brexit deal agreed with our European friends.

Does that mean we can now officially tell Macron to f@@k off? 

• Like 1

The small print.

1 hour ago, scotty435 said:

Great news Brexit deal agreed with our European friends.

As individuals we may have friends who are from/ reside in mainland Europe, but I think politically the European governments should be kept closer than friends (you all know who we keep closer than friends according to The Godfather).

Sturgeon not happy

No change there then!
Maybe she could spend a few hours practising putting on face masks rather than whinging about everything that didn’t suit her desire for “Scotsit”

Drakeford also now showing his true colours, an out and out Welsh Nationalist hiding behind the Welsh Labour Party