Brexit - Page 110 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious question for once. After his latest outburst, is John Bercow, the speaker of the House, the biggest threat currently to UK democracy?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I dont have much time for Boris but this is ridiculous and yes, it is part of the stop Brexit plan of the Gina Miller gang. This was a campaign slogan, nothing more.

Now that Carlsberg have admitted their lager probably isnt the best lager in the world, are they going to be prosecuted for all the years they were telling us it was?

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

So Boris is being summonsed.

there are very dark and corrupt games at play here

What with this, Labour going all Spartacus on us, the Conservatives slowly going deaf to the EU election results, Berkow throwing a potential spanner in the works it looks like the rest of the year could be a real disaster for the country. 

I think these odds say it all:

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/brexit

This bell end Mr Ball who has crowd funded this action  has stated “Democracy demands responsibility and honest leadership from those in public office”. Can i suggest that Mr Ball serves a summons on the other 649 MP’s, as based on his statement  they should all be in the dock!!!

2 hours ago, PhilW said:

This bell end Mr Ball who has crowd funded this action  has stated “Democracy demands responsibility and honest leadership from those in public office”. Can i suggest that Mr Ball serves a summons on the other 649 MP’s, as based on his statement  they should all be in the dock!!!

Rumours are circulating that Mr. Ball spent more then £50,000 of the £430,000 crowd-funded money on himself, including £6,000  on a London flat near Canary Wharf, loaning himself £1,000, spending £120 on professional head shots, £504 on his personal mobile phone, £333 on self-defence classes, and £120 on branded cup cakes.

Seems to me that the bloke has shown he has all the necessary attributes to be an MP.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Funny. BBC aren't showing any of this on their news pages. Wonder why that is? Prob the same reason they made the article look like he had been impeached legally by the Police instead of Civilly by Crowdfunding.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

So why is Boris being summonsed?

Is he supposed to have lied during the Leave campaign?

The famous battle bus quoted:

bus.jpg.0a200e1ab0e8d90790b320d77218b663.jpg

My legitimate question is: Do/did we send the EU £350m per week (It makes no mention as to whether this is net or gross...)

"Let's fund our NHS instead" is a statement of intent at best, or simply a statement as an alternative to what might happen to the cash.

Given that we haven't left (ie enacted the will of the people), how is this statement misleading? If we had left and £350m hadn't materialised for the NHS (or any other domestic spending), then they might have a point but at this juncture there is no case to answer.

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Some facts from the Office of National Statistics:  

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/governmentpublicsectorandtaxes/publicsectorfinance/articles/theukcontributiontotheeubudget/2017-10-31

In 2016, the UK’s gross contribution to the EU amounted to £18.9 billion. Divide that by 52 weeks and you get £360m per week.  However, this is the GROSS figure (however, even as the gross figure it is in fact CORRECT!)

In 2016 we got a rebate of £5bn, so the nett amount we sent to the EU was £13.9bn, so about £267m per week.

Taking in to account EU funding of projects/funding back in to the UK you get a nett (of rebate and funding removed) of £8.1bn per year to the EU, or £156m per week.

Based on these official figures I think the case is going to be thrown out as Boris can argue he quoted the Gross figure and he would be correct as per the independent ONS figures.

It is just yet another smear campaign to paint the Brexit supporters as liars and untrustworthy to justify setting aside the referendum result.  All it is doing to me is building a storm of bad feeling towards those who want to remain - I know they are not all bad people but......

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Yup - nothing wrong with the statement.

needs to be read in context of course.

these fools would go to Tesco and argue for their Free Range Eggs to be Free of charge

Only here once

8 hours ago, PhilW said:

And you can add Mark Carney to that list. As the governor of the bank of england all he has done is forecast doom and gloom ,none of which has happened.

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

If you expand the figure to include all money which the UK loses through EU membership you can add on:

All corporation tax revenue from Ebay, Paypal and several other US multinationals. (goes to Luxembourg).

All corporation tax from Apple's UK operations and all VAT revenue from all of Apple's online downloadable sales.

All VAT lost owing to missing trader fraud, which the UK suffers from more than any other EU member.

@Andyww I just thought I'd keep it simple so easy to verify and understand.

The small print.

Really interesting read. Ho hype. No BS. No sensationalism. Just a guy running his business and accepting that he could do better with a little effort. Thanks or sharing @ChrisJ though I fear it is all too late as the Reaminers campaign and obfuscation has secured a scenario where the "old" status quo will remain and we will find ourselves slowly strangled within the EU for ever more. So much for democracy and the will of the people being actioned.

The small print.

I did not notice any news headlines when the high court overturned the action against Boris ..  It would be interesting how many people still think Boris is facing charges in court. 

Surprisingly, the BBC reported the case had been thrown out a couple of days ago, they didn't exactly trumpet about it, though. Ball now says he's broke, having pissed all the money away on his lawyers. A bit rich, seeing as he crowd-funded the action in the first place.

Margate Exotics.

6 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Ball now says he's broke

I'm glad for him. Serves him right for being such an idiot in the first place and yes, not sure how he can be broke when it was all other peoples money I thought.

I see Harmann and others have come clean that they have a cross party MP group to stall Brexit - it seems our politicians are so thick and stupid and self censored that the last 3 years fiasco has just washed by them. Incredible really how these MPs and the Speaker of the House are subverted the will of the people's vote which was called a referendum!

The small print.

@CHANGES that was not a rant, it was a well put together piece on your view.

You need to attend my "how to throw your toys out of the pram and have a proper old rant"  course.  It's a bargain at £550 for the day including free tea and coffee and afterwards you will be able to make a superb rant about anything, absolutely anything, even something so small pothers won't even realise it was worthy of a rant!

Nice post by the way and well put.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The small print.