Brexit - Page 61 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt it Ian the girl in the travel agents couldn't understand why we were doing it and was aghast that I suggested they stop selling Spanish holidays.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

49 minutes ago, pete said:

Doubt it Ian the girl in the travel agents couldn't understand why we were doing it and was aghast that I suggested they stop selling Spanish holidays.

Probably a Remainer.

(Spits.)

As far as I can make out, if we stop buying fruit, vegetables, and holidays from Spain, that should do it.

Margate Exotics.

54 minutes ago, ian29gte said:

As far as I can make out, if we stop buying fruit, vegetables, and holidays from Spain, that should do it.

Will have zero effect, the Spaish authorities will just sit back, shrug their shoulders and say the decline in the economy from such action will just mean a bigger hand out from the EU.

After all, in their eyes, that's what the EU is for isn't it. Grab as much as you can whilst ignoring every edict of EU legislation that doesn't suit them.

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, PaulCP said:

Will have zero effect, the Spaish authorities will just sit back, shrug their shoulders and say the decline in the economy from such action will just mean a bigger hand out from the EU.

After all, in their eyes, that's what the EU is for isn't it. Grab as much as you can whilst ignoring every edict of EU legislation that doesn't suit them.

They will just chuck a few more donkeys off church roofs to try and solve the problem 

Only here once

What really grinds my gears is that we have this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanet_Earth literally on the poxy doorstep, yet can I buy tomatoes or any other veg grown there? Can I bollocks, it's all Spanish, Dutch, Kenyan, Moroccan, and the like. I can usually be found having a good rant over the Tesco fruit and veg section any time I go in there.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Think this works for both leavers and remainers and says it all in terms of idiot Brexit refusers

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

I implore everyone to watch this. What I see as a nice example of a simple working mans opinion

• Like 2

Only here once

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

I implore everyone to watch this. What I see as a nice example of a simple working mans opinion

You definitely had more hair when I saw you last, Barry.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

in terms of SPain wanting Gibraltar to be taken into account in the EU negotiations. Anyone see this? Pot....Kettle.....

No automatic alt text available.

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 2 weeks later...

From the BBC of all places:

More than half a million jobs in Scotland are supported by sales to the rest of the United Kingdom, according to analysis from economists.

The Fraser of Allander Institute study estimated that about 530,000 jobs were directly or indirectly related to sales from Scotland to the rest of the UK.

This was more than four times greater than the 125,000 jobs linked to the rest of the European Union.

The research was commissioned by the UK government.

The Scottish government said the findings ignored the fact that trade was a two-way process.

The UK government had asked the institute to estimate the number of jobs in Scotland linked to the demand for exports from the rest of the UK, the rest of the EU and other international exports.

Fraser of Allander said its economists used the most recent input-output datapublished by the Scottish government - for 2013 - alongside the Scottish government's export statistics to compile the report.

It concluded that in 2013:

• 528,707 jobs were supported by exports to the rest of the UK
  • 125,206 to the rest of the EU
  • 177,553 to the rest of the world.

It said this meant that 24% of Scotland's total employment was supported by trade with the rest of the UK. The equivalent figure for trade with the rest of the EU was 5.7%, and for the rest of the world was 8.1%.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 1 month later...

Well this election is meant to be all about Brexit so I thought it would be appropriate to post here about that new book by Yanis Varoufakis ;  "Adults in the Room".

You probably know that Mr. Varoufakis  was the Greek finance Minister who went to the EU cap in hand to get a bailout for Greece and they told him to sod off. He was basically seen as a troublesome "rebel".   

He lost his rag with them and had to be replaced by his Government . Of all the people in the debate, he has cause to be angry with the EU having been in "hand - to - hand combat" at close quarters .

To sum up, he says that the UK will get the same cold-shoulder treatment and the resolution should be a transitional Norway-style agreement pending actual departure.

Anyway I have only read a little of his book but it does sound like an absolutely vital read for whoever gets to go and "negotiate". He is a very good accessible and humorous writer by the way.