Brexit - Page 65 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good and well written article that @ChrisJ. Thought that sort of journalism had died quite a few years ago.

It is interesting in that it sheds a lot of light on the approach of the two sides and where the problems might lie in a fairly straight forward and informative way.

I'd be quite happy to join David Davis's team and bang the table back at the French and point out their problems to them. I have no problem at all getting emotional, shouting, and banging the table. Just ask SWMBO.

Oh my god, just realised that means I may have some European in me. Must go for a DNA test - hahahahahaha......

Also interesting to see the news this morning that Merkel has scolded Junkers and crew, yet again, for being little toe rags.....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

The BBC was at it again yesterday. The lead story on the news was a report of a story being false. The alleged "begging" of Teresa May. Why on earth were they reporting a story and saying that it was probably made up? No other reason than it fitted their agenda. 

• Gold FFM

And listen to that clown Tusk on the radio today ?

we need to stick two fingers up fast - and open our arms to the rest of the world.

merkel will make them rethink really fast ?

Only here once

3 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

merkel will make them rethink really fast ?

I think she has already had some quiet words. There seems to be a marked change in their attitude in the past few days.

Holidaying in Catalonia by any chance ;)

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 1 month later...

Interesting read from a German MEP point of view, at least someone in Brussels recognises the reality!

GERMAN MEP Hans-Olaf Henkel blamed Brussels for Brexit saying they changed the game after Britain joined the EU

The MEP and former business chief said the European Union is to blame for Brexit as Brussels ramped up integration after Britain entered the single market. 
Appearing on BBC News, the German MEP said: “It is our opinion and our conviction that Brexit is not only the fault, if you wish, of the British.
“No, I think it is the fault of Brussels because Brussels has always done much too much centralisation and harmonisation

Mr Henkel went on to question if the UK was the one that actually left, comparing Britain's EU membership to joining a football club only for Brussels to change the game to golf.
He said: “It’s like Britain having joined a football club and then the club management decided to play golf, then I ask myself who has really left whom.”
The MEP also urged the EU to give the UK the type of deal envisioned by former PM David Cameron.
He added: “We are addressing Brussels and want Brussels to give a deal to Britain, a deal which Cameron wanted and I’m quite sure with such a new deal, the situation in Britain would also change.”

• Like 1

Nice message and find @PaulCP in that it is not full of the usual emotive soundbites etc. I actually agree with him. I do believe that if Brussels and the EU had taken Cameron's request for a different deal/concessions on integration the referendum would never have happened and we wouldn't be in this mess.

Yes, I voted leave. But it had nothing to do with immigration, it had more to do with my concerns over the ever "closer" collaboration that the EU in Brussels was forcing as their agenda.  It was an erosion of democracy by stealth and I do believe Europeans will come to see that as ever closer harmonisation, and standardisation, sounds to bite deeper and deeper into the erosion of their national identities and cultures that they will look to start to put some distance back between themselves and Brussels.

I sleep well at night knowing that I voted to reject this single european vision.  However, I do not relish Brexit and the impact it will cause. But I do still think it will trigger an awakening in many states across Europe and maybe that is the greater good that will come out of it.

The analogy re Football to Golf is spot on. Maybe this is the start of some real understanding in the EU - their current negotiating stance is hardly conducive to a positive outcome for anyone and anyone who believes it is just down to the UK is frankly bonkers.

• Like 1

The small print.

you cant have unelected european people ( and thats all they are ...  self serving self elected.), governing and making the rules for the uk.. 

everything else matters none.. it was daft to get into it in the first place..  but as with all politicians they have little  care for anything past t past there term in office..

long term strategy is a mere inconvenience to make them look good in the presence.

Edited by andyj007
  • Like 1

On 22/10/2017 at 17:51, pete said:

looks to me like she has made an offer behind closed doors to Merkel and Macron which won```t be revealed until it is too late

Looking even more likely now.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Hmm, suddenly Northern Ireland looks like a tempting place to live and work. What are house prices like over there?

Cheap as chips. But for a reason.

Hope you have a happy life there, bye.....

The small print.

• 1 month later...

Why does Macron think we will pay for a special deal to allow the likes of Citroen, Peugeot, Renault to sell their cars here.

He also admitted that had France had the same referendum as us the French would have probably voted out and that doesn't suit Eurocrats such as Macron and all the others with their noses in the trough

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Haven't we left yet? FFS, wish they would just get on with it.

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Some really interesting financial information coming into discussion now. Life isn’t going to end after all

I’m really hoping we will end in a no deal situation - that seems the only way to deliver Brexit to the leaflet the government issued us all before we voted.

• Like 1

Only here once