Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brexit - Page 8 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

This whole trade deal thing is a complete red herring anyway since the EU does NOT have a trade deal now, so we wont be any worse off!

Tragically a lot of people who dont have the knowledge to make an informed decision will simply go with what he said. Many people will fail to see that he is acting 100% in the interests of the USA only, as has every previous president.

I am starting to fear that yet again the Establishment will screw us and the vote will go their way.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trade deal thing puzzles me too.   Is part of the deal that China dumps below cost steel into the EU to the point it kills the industry?   (it would be great for manufacturing & exports if we still did that...)

Economic forecast for 2017

• UK: 4.9% unemployed; gross public debt 88.2% of GDP
  • Germany: 5.2% unemployed; gross public debt 66.8% of GDP
  • France: 10.3% unemployed; gross public debt 97.1% of GDP
  • Italy: 11.3% unemployed; gross public debt 130.6% of GDP
  • Spain: 18.9% unemployed; gross public debt 101.1% of GDP
  • Portugal: 10.8% unemployed; gross public debt 127.2% of GDP
  • Greece: 22.8% unemployed; gross public debt 181.8% of GDP
  • Do we want to be part of this,surely with these figures we would be better out

Another good reason to leave:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2016-scotland-36124382

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Out out out

at the Germans can shove their trade deals and their cars....... I bet that would make them swiftly reconsider !!!

a 911 with a 75% import duty would do wonders for sales figures of lotus 

Only here once

As said in Post above. Mr. Obama our relationship is special, so if we need to wait 10 years for a trade deal then you better not need to invade / go to war and need our help for 20. Lack of trade deal will cost us money so we'll need to reduce our oversea military commitments and give our brave young men and women a well earned rest.

Im sure the Dutch will step in, with the French, Italians, Spanish, Greeks Swedes and Danish etc who will all work really well with the Germans in a united EU force.

Goodluck and bye bye.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Understand this: it's not the Danes WHO want this. It's the Danish politicians, WHO are all in the pocket of the one World government lobbyists. Not the same thing. Take a listening to Kay Griggs btw.

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

6 hours ago, Clive59 said:

Found this for the NO argument, haven't found an equivalent for the YES yet.

http://www.betteroffout.net/the-case/10-eu-myths-about-withdrawl/    

I had seen this before, its a good article and explains some of the rubbish scare mongering that some of the UK goverment are trying at the moment,

One of the last headlines i read recently was Camerons party saying the "poorest" in the UK will be most affected if we choose to leave the EU.  Always just scare tactics. I pray to  god we  leave the EU before it all comes tumbling down around them.

Edited by silverfrost

A

• Gold FFM

Very interesting to read that - it just needs posting to every household in the uk to point out what complete pish the stuff the government sent out

Only here once

Yes i remember British and American goverments asking the Turkish if we could use their Landing strips for the deployment into Iraq in 2003,  It was said if they accepted it could possibly help them in the future regarding entry to the EU.  This did not happen. 

Now just after the American Presidents visit we now have suggestions about possible deployment of ground troops to Libya,  With the usual that is where ISIS started and we may need to go in. :angry:  Do our goverments never learn, you would of though Iraq may of taught them a lesson but no they still continue to get involved in other buisness overseas that does not and should not involve them.

I read an article the other day that stated we now have 9000 homeless ex military servicemen and women in the UK.   I find it highly disturbing myself that they do not understand that protecting the UK from terrorism should be done on the  home front and not spending stupid amounts on deployment and giving money away to other countries.  We need to look after our people, the young, the old and especially the ex service men and women that have sacrificed a lot for this country in the name of goverments and not the country itself. 

I am lucky enough to of spent several years in the middle east and returned with all my body parts in tact, several of my friends were not so fortunate, :(

• Like 1

A

The trouble is here, the Govt are spending millions of our money ontop if the mount given to the 2 campaigns, whilst the out only get their campaign money. Media is totally slewed towards the in campaign with daily updates from them and then condescending little pieces about the out campaign. 

You have to hand it to the Govt, they are really appealing to the lowest common denominator, scaring the crap out of people who are ignorant of the facts and believe everything they are told.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Regarding the Media, its the BBC and the Guardian who are most biased towards the in campaign. 

Couldnt help but notice on Have I Got News For You, they handed over to Eddie Izzard for a scripted non-comedic endorsement of IN. Andrew Neil seems to be the lone voice of reason on the BBC, he will challenge the IN side at any time. 

The Guardian published a very good OUT piece by Giles Fraser the other day though. Not sure how that got through the net, and another one by Frank Field yesterday who asked the very good question of why on earth Corbyn is supporting the In side.

From the looks of it and with the Far Right coming TOP in the first round Austrian Presidential Elections, Austria could be next. They have just introduced a law restricting even asylum seekers, allowing them to reject anyone and everyone they want to.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36152927

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 2 weeks later...

Out without a doubt!

just make sure to vote out !!!!!!

• Like 1

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Have you noticed that before the EU debate the news was full of stories about the migrant crisis and what do you see now? The 'Calais Jungle' was always on the news every day but now...? If I were cynical I would have to think the Government had put a ban on the media reporting it because it fuels the 'No' debate.

What would Churchill advise us to do? I think he'd tell us to grow a pair!

churchill.jpg

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Maybe we should all stand under the white cliffs and do a Churchill two fingered wave to the EU. After all, was it not our good friends the French who voted to keep us OUT of the common market too?

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I really caannot believe anyone believes the crap being spouted right now!

Cameron has just said "Peace in Europe is endangered by us leaving". I am getting really angry at the negative bollox and outright lies being spoken by the stay brigade.

How the F**K is there going to be war in Europe because we leave? Because that is what the headlines seem to point towards and what that statement implies. If we are that important then maybe we should be running it and getting more back than we put in!!! I have never heard such a load of shite, what next? Because the only thing they haven't said yet is that if we leave Armageddon is going to strike! The 4 horsemen of the apocolypse are coming down and we all die in hellfire and not ascend because we exited the EU! 

Fuming.

• Like 1

An (EU funded) organisation called "The Institute of European Environmental Policy" has already stated that if Brexit happens there will be severe impact the environment and the world will basically end.

I heard that if we left as a result of the huge budget drop in the EU Farming subsidies the French were going to be putting additives in to the wine and beer they sold us to make us all sterile, so our population would age rapidly, and we would have to reopen our borders to allow free movement of young European carers to look after us. 

Only jokibg of course. It all reminds me of the lies, the damned lies, and the brazen lies of both sides in the recent Scottish referendum. We can all see quite clearly now the lies and disinformation from both sides, apart from the losers who just can not let it go.

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Some say.  As Andy repeated, that the French are going to induce MORE chemicals in our improted wine to make us age quicker.

Some say, That Turkey (which is my second home by the way) will eventually get into the EU, but only if the German government subisdise the rebuilding of the Turkish jails so that they comply with EU standards. Which would reduce the unemployment in Germany as the skilled workforce would be busy rebuilding said jails. Or maybe they would pay the immigrants to go back and build them, then giving them financial security and a new start.

Some say, the if we do leave, Greece will at last go bankrupt and that the local businessmen will have to start paying their due taxes.

Some say, That if it were to happen then old Boris would be the next UK PM, grow an even bigger set of balls and take lessons from the Australian PM on how to run the countries immigration policy.

Some even say, I better get back to work..

Another govt weighting in favour of the stay campaign after Cameron refuses to debate with high profile, popular figures such as Boris Johnson or Michael Gove and insists on Nigel Farage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36273499

there was a video clip this morning on FB.......it was that speach Cameron gave about how good Britain was and itd be better out of the whole thing........

anyone feeling confused......?.....even the people who wanted out want in or out but sometimes in until out tomorrow....

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)