Brexit - Page 9 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good film.  Should be compulsory viewing before being allowed to vote.  I hope the ins do something similar instead of just shouting ever more loudly that the world might end if we leave.  In a documentary they would have to fill the time with some sort of coherent story instead of just unsubstantiated soundbites.  I wonder if they could make it even vaguely as persuasive.....

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Maybe we should all vote leave and watch the world end. At times, this world we have with all its myriad rules and regulations, and the selfish politicians and power hungry individuals that run it, feels like it needs a good old hit of the reset button.  Bring it on.

So:

Europe sells to us 65% more than we sell to it - so, let's not give them a trade deal and let our own companies fill the void! Gosh, that'll be a punisher not being to drive an Oooodi - YES!

The US will put us at the back of the queue for a trade deal. OK cool, we'll spark up fresh deals with Canada and Australia, most of Africa and South America, and put the American Secretary of Defence at the back of the queue next time he wants some support for military intervention. Let the French, Dutch, Germans, Italians, Spaniards, Greeks take up the slack.  Good luck.

............  the list could go on and on and on.......

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Just watched the full film. Should be broadcast on terrestrial TV..

So how come Belgium is not hauled up to account for these appalling conditions in their prisons and the breaches against the Human Rights act that our European brethren like to shove down our faces? Maybe they just don'y have the number of ambulance chasing lawyers we have here who will seemingly take up any cause that further fattens their wallets. Also, seems from the article like the whole countries infrastructure is crumbling and is this not where the main seat of EU power supposedly lives?

I'm out, Europe is a continent that is falling apart and we should maybe start a new Northern European power block with the hard working and competent economies of the UK, Germany, Poland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland and leave the other basket cases to their own devices.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36348389

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Interesting article in the Sunday Telegraph - The EU has destroyed some of our most prosperous industries - and will continue to do so

Very good, non alarmist, fact based journalism. Two things stuck out for me:

We keep on being hurt by the EU and its strictures, but many people cling to it despite this. There is a danger, here, of behaving like an abused wife who, to the frustration of those who want to help her, keeps on making excuses for the man who beats her. In a similar way, it may take some bravery for us to get away from the unloving embrace of the European Union – but a series of British industries could benefit enormously if we make the break.

and

a Financial Transaction Tax was proposed by the bureaucrats in Brussels. Britain would have been the country overwhelmingly damaged by this. Our business would have been driven away to America, Singapore and elsewhere. The Chancellor, George Osborne, described the proposal as “a bullet aimed at the heart of London”. Incidentally, what sort of friendly “union” is it that aims a gun at one of the biggest and most successful industries of one of its members? 

The more I look at Europe, specifically the countries within in the Eurozone (with the exception of Germany and Poland) I see a sickness and a malaise that is destroying competitiveness, industries, and the fabric of countries. I'm sick of seeing state supported industries and companies, especially in France, being propped up by government subsidies whilst taking over UK market share or even UK companies. And why has the EU not acted against France, who's Air Traffic Controllers inflict misery on travelers, both domestic and tourists, every bloody spring with their strikes. It is about time the EU started to address this sort of bad behaviour and the French Government and Air Traffic Controller unions should be heavily fined in order for compensation to be paid to all those affected.  An annual strike, that inflicts chaos on European travel at the same time every year is indefensible.  When will the EU actually step up to address real issues, rather than focusing on artificial regulations and legislation that just inflict damage everywhere?

I'm still out. I think we'll be better off out. And I think we will thrive as the rest of Europe will still want access to our market to sell us stuff, to our fishery's, etc. Remember the EU sells more to us than we sell to it. Case made for me.

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Costs of our clothes will go up was some pish reported on the radio this afternoon........

what a load of cobblers - don't reckon many people will own clothes made in Europe. Most of its made in those lovely sweatshops in Bangladesh, China, India and Vietnam amongst others...........

course - if your Scottish and wear skirts - I dont think it would have any impact on that either as that's made up north !! @C8RKH will correct me if I'm wrong !!

Only here once

You mean those Irish things that the Scots decided to call their own along with those Roman and Persian bag o' pipes?   :sofa:

The small print.

• Gold FFM
11 hours ago, C8RKH said:

You mean those Irish things that the Scots decided to call their own along with those Roman and Persian bag o' pipes?   :sofa:

Open for debate on that one Andy. Whay you are basically asking between the Irish, Roman and Persian is what came first, the ckicken or the egg. To say our national dress was stolen from another country is a bit dubious. As for the pipes, who can ever say for sure who had them first. We had them long before the romans tried to invade, the Irish, well they are only a small pond away so cant say on that one. The Persians were closely related to the Romans through years of war, pillaging and raping each others cuntries, so could be either. I would tend to stcik between Scotts and Irish and leave the others out of it. Now duck back behind that sofa ya big softie.:ph34r:

I could not believe that 10,000 of the EU employees earn more than our Prime Minister.....and they are non elected! That's outragious and shows the level of cronyism that abounds in the EU

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Also they are paid huge expenses, not least for moving the whole shebang from Brussels to Strasbourg for 4 days every month just to keep the French happy. This costs £100 million a year which is money totally wasted.

There was a report in the Australian paper today saying that the latest UK polls indicate that the majority have decided to stay in.  Are you all starting to change your minds?  Sounds as though the government's Jedi mind tricks are starting to work.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

38 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

^^ I saw that too! Its much worse than I would dare believe...then they give them selves a special tax rate. Nice :realmad:

Buddsy

I cant understand why the OUT campaign are not shouting louder about this. In fact the out campaign seem to be missing out a whole lot of negatives.

Have I misread what's being stated by SNP? I seem to be geting the impression that Nicola Sturgeon is partially for leaving (or at least for not going down with a sinking ship of a political stance should the vote be to leave the EU), or simply taking an anti-Cameron stance on many things. Yet, part of the SNP campaign in the independence debate centred on a "Scotland will simply join the EU if we leave the UK" approach under their previous leader. 

• Gold FFM

Andy. I think you have to take that in context when the referendum was on the go and parliament said we owuld automatically be out of the EU if we went independant. The comment was a reply that we would simply join. The situation has now changed with the out briggade being both sides of the border and a posible out for the whole of the UK.

Its not looking good.  Had a very clever "mature" lady staying with us this w/e.  She's voting in and she suggested that most of her circle (mostly medics and academics) are in too.  I felt I won most of the arguments we made to each other so hopefully will have made her at least think again. 

I agree that the outs are not getting their arguments out and broadcast.  All reports seem to start: the ins have argued blah blah - 10 minutes of their random numbers and spurious assertions - followed by "but the outs strenuously disagree".  End of item.

I know people always try to pin it on payments, economics, or immigration but the killer point for me is the Democracy/Sovereignty.  I do not want to have nameless faceless bureaucrats in power with no way of getting rid when they indulge in their excesses.

Its also become even more insidious now with carefully broadcast independent experts saying that the young and the clever want IN whereas the old and the thick want OUT and that means that they can accurately forecast how it will go.  As always, sex sells  - who wants to be one of the old and thick when you could vote in and be young and clever ??

• Like 2

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Gold FFM

Their main concern is that the old and thick ones can remember when we had an industry. Fishing. Mining, Steelworks, Engineering, Shipbuilding.

Yes we can say the unions had a fair hand in scuppering some parts of them with strikes and out of hand demands, and Maggie for taking on the unions and basically making them into a name only. But the EU killed off most of our industry, made us a home target for immigrants who have no thought in doing anything other than getting what they can for free, and I am not speaking of the many hard working honest people here who have come into the UK and embraced a working attitude that would and does put many nationals to shame.

The UK advertises come to Britain, get a free house, get free medical care, education etc, etc. Oh and while you are here don't look at the homeless on our streets as many of them are the ones who fought for what we have, and you with the help of the EU have taken it from them and given you more than they have the right too and deserve, as our British government have to abide by the same EU rules that allow you to get it all for free and our MP's dont have the balls to say enough is enough.

Now the people, including the old and the thick will have their voice and decide.

Lets get out.

• Like 2

The only person I know who wants to stay in, is someone who would in the normal sense of the word, be considered to be "clever" as he is a mathematician. 

But, he has in the past admitted that he has fallen for internet and telephone scams. That says it all.

• Gold FFM

He's been completely hoodwinked by the utter con and spin our politically neutral bbc are spewing out on a daily basis.

must just be a coincidence they have had a nice review and funding settlement just recently.........

I don't care if we end up worse off to start with, if the cost of stuff goes up etc.

anyone that's got half a brain will realise that market forces will correct all those issues very quickly.

Only here once