Brexit

Barrykearley

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Neal H said:

I will never vote for a candidate of the Conservative, Labour or Liberal Democratic parties again. Who I end up voting for will depend on who's on my ballot paper, but it wont be any candidate with Conservative, Labour or Lib Dem under their name.

Totally agree - and exactly what I posted 2-3 pages back.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

10 hours ago, Bibs said:

May's deal was a disaster, we're better off out without and acting as a sovereign nation, leaving Brussels to their own self-serving buffoonery. 

But can we just also make sure we send the 650 Buffoons to the Buffoonery as we leave?  

I'm totally dismayed at the self serving nature of our current crop of politicians - all of them!  We had a peoples vote back in 2016 with the largest ever electoral turnout so why there are calls for another "peoples vote" are beyond comprehension. What do we do if remain wins. Then have a 3rd vote and so on?

Corbyn has completely cooked himself here - he has shown his card and the only thing on is a tantrum that says "I wanna be PM no matter what the cost to the country". If he had any principles at all he should be holding his head in shame.

Damn the lot of them. Bloody fools, idiots, and buffoons.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

So, everyone met Teresa apart from JC.

He didnt go because he wasnt prepared to discuss until there were assurances that a no-deal Brexit was not an option.

Think I have that right?

BUT, if he had gone, he could have demanded just that an an opening bid! And when he didnt get the answer he wanted, he could have walked out of the meeting very dramatically. But if he had got the assurance, perhaps meaningful discussions could have progressed this. Ie done what the UK vote has instructed them to do. 

So he is either stupid/has no backbone/wanted to catch up on Strictly?

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, slewthy said:

So, everyone met Teresa apart from JC.

He didnt go because he wasnt prepared to discuss until there were assurances that a no-deal Brexit was not an option.

Think I have that right?

BUT, if he had gone, he could have demanded just that an an opening bid! And when he didnt get the answer he wanted, he could have walked out of the meeting very dramatically. But if he had got the assurance, perhaps meaningful discussions could have progressed this. Ie done what the UK vote has instructed them to do. 

So he is either stupid/has no backbone/wanted to catch up on Strictly?

Unfortunately I think he is holding all the cards right now. There is no way she is going to placate Rees mogg and the other 100 plus conservatives who voted against so her best chance of getting a deal through is Corbyn and his 250 + members. That way she doesn't need to placate her rebels or the DUP

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

The only way the EU will genuinely negotiate is if they really believe there is a genuine risk that the UK will leave with no deal. Take that off the table and there's no Brexit.

At the moment the EU has zero reason to negotiate. They already have everything they want.

• Like 2

The only card Corbyn is holding right now is the one that says "I will be Prime Minister regardless, it's my birth right". He does not give a damn about the democracy, the electorate or Brexit, he just wants that one thing. That is blatantly clear.  

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, pete said:

Unfortunately I think he is holding all the cards right now.

Unfortunately Corbyn only seems to be able to play snap (and not very well at that) while everyone else wants to play poker. You need a strong good opposition to generate good politics.

17 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

The only card Corbyn is holding right now is the one that says "I will be Prime Minister regardless, it's my birth right". He does not give a damn about the democracy, the electorate or Brexit, he just wants that one thing. That is blatantly clear.  

Not sure I agree. I dont think Corbyn really wanted to be Labour leader and doesnt really want to be PM. All he wants to do is cause as much pain for the Tories as possible and destroy them.

I have a small window into his supporters clique as a friend from school is an avid supporter. It's difficult to appreciate just how much these people loathe the Tories. They consider them the scum of the earth and that they have some divine right to do anything they can to destroy them. These are people who partied when Thatcher died.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

(As said on the radio earlier)

Jeremy Corbyn has historically had Meetings/discussions with terrorist groups such as the IRA, Hamas and Hezbollah without preconditions, but says no to dialogue with the UK’s Prime Minister.

A future/possible Prime Minister....Heaven help the UK if that ever happens 😳

• Haha 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

And now JC is writing letters to his own party MPs not to discuss the issue with the PM!!!

Its just disgraceful. This is a clear attempt to block the process that has been democratically decided.

The UK did not vote 'leave but only if the Tories negotiate it' or 'leave but only if a general election puts Labour in power' The UK just voted leave. Anything that furthers that decision has to be allowed to proceed. He is being completely undemocratic.

In my eyes, the only thing yet to happen in this fiasco of politics is the call for him to resign! I've got all the sky bits and 3 corners. This is the only piece of the jigsaw missing!!

I agree with above - we need to get as close to no-deal as possible. Its the only was the EU will budge. MPs demanding no-deal is off the table are mis-informed and stupid in the extreme.

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM

Let’s have a second referendum to resolve this once and for all.

the best time to have this is say 2 years time - once we have left the EU with no deal in March.

sounds fair 

• Haha 1

Only here once