Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brexit - Page 97 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

14 minutes ago, LotusFella said:

At that point I would take them to the ECJ. 😆😆😆😆 I’m sure they would give me a grant for that!

Do it either before March 29th or you might not have access to the ECJ.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Do it either before March 29th or you might not have access to the ECJ.

Wouldn’t need to because we would be out. 

• Haha 1

So Tony Blair has been advising Macron on how to keep the UK in the EU,just imagine how he would have reacted to an ex Tory prime minister interfering in that way over Iraq!!

Now the EU are demanding 13.9 billion to extend Brexit😡

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

23 hours ago, pete said:

So Tony Blair has been advising Macron on how to keep the UK in the EU,just imagine how he would have reacted to an ex Tory prime minister interfering in that way over Iraq!!

I'd pay good money to see that b45tard in the dock. :ermm:

Cheers,

John W

• Gold FFM

Well Cox just killed the deal.

so it’s now either hard brexit or no Brexit. 

I’m going to say to probability of the later is slightly ahead of the former. Probably 51.9%  vs 48.1%

joking aside we’re heading for an extension aren’t we (at about £1b a month) 80% certain?, a GE 60% certain and maybe another referendum, 50:50?

17 minutes ago, Andyww said:

Assuming May loses this evening, the next vote tomorrow will almost certainly block a no-deal Brexit.

Thats effectively a vote to ignore the referendum result.

Brexit will be dead because our last remaining negotiating chip will be discarded. The EU must be laughing their socks off because their position is assured. All they need to do is to refuse to negotiate any more and we cant leave.

I am not sure what time the vote on a no-deal is tomorrow but at that time the whole democratic system in the UK ends.

The problem with having a vote now is the bullying from the government and remainers painting such dogma gloom that they will wear down people who will give up and vote to remain.  God I hope not!  I waivered a few months ago but now feel so furious at our politicians on all side effectivitive making our negotiating position impossible.

Just tell them to F**k off we will not be bullied or walked over, and no deal!

I will be telling my local mp that I will be withholding my council tax in protest. 

• Gold FFM

No deal gets rejected tomorrow
Extension request gets voted on Thursday
EU forces extension to the end of the year (and that the UK take part in the European elections?)
In the interim, labour seek to get a customs union deal through the now empowered parliament, resulting in stalemate 
Forces a GE, which results in both parties putting a referendum in their manifestos
Referendum rejects brexit because its a colossal waste of time and money. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, march said:

No one seems to be mentioning how much the UK will need to pay for any extension. Varying estimates seem to be about 1 Billion a month to 15 Billion a year.

Yes they’re acting like the Mafia!

On 11/03/2019 at 12:46, pete said:

Now the EU are demanding 13.9 billion to extend Brexit😡

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Failed again.  

If no deal is taken off the table tomorrow then the Government is not representing the people.  Expect civil unrest, yellow jacket style.

Yes - and some. This could well spell the end of democracy as we know it.

at the last election both main parties had manefestos which supported brexit. They have both utterly broken that. We need an election and we need a firm Brexit party to stand and clear out the swamp

• Like 1

Only here once

In a potentially misguided attempt to inject some levity to this debate, as an observer from afar it strikes me that the Brexit fiasco presents a marketing opportunity to KFC in the UK. KFC can now offer diners the choice of competing Corbyn buckets and May buckets. The Corbyn Bucket consists of 12 pieces, all left wings and assh*les. I will leave the constituent parts of the May bucket to your imagination.

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

Anyone get any more popcorn, I used all mine up several posts ago....

• Haha 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
42 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

We need another Guy Fawkes. Do the job properly this time.

It’s very difficult to buy barrels of gunpowder. In London however - there’s porsches all over the place - they go bang just nice

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

10 hours ago, LotusFella said:

Yes they’re acting like the Mafia!

That is true. The one thing that this has shown is the true colours of those who run Brussels in trying to prevent other members leaving and them losing their cushy jobs. 

That aside from what a bunch of arseholes we have on all sides of the house. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

The so-called ERG have rejected owing to it being contrary to the referendum result. DUP for their own fairly obvious reasons.

But Corbyns lot are beyond the pale. They rejected the deal purely for political expediency. They have been basing their whole policy on a blatant lie, which is that the EU would agree to the alternative they have proposed when they know full well they would never do so.

• Like 1

Corbyn is still an activist who believes he has to disagree with and reject every proposal made by the Tories.

He is the only opposition leader that I can recall who offers nothing constructive in his role and has regularly made it clear that all he is concerned about is forcing a GE in the hope that there are enough idiots around who would make him PM. 

It is an absolute disgrace that someone with his history can be in Parliament, let alone be in a position to potentially become PM.

• Like 2