Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Priti Patel - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Priti Patel

PaulCP

Sigh. The world is going completely mad to the point now where I have stopped holding doors open for women. I have stopped helping them put THEIR carry-ons in the overheads on a plane. I have stopped giving up my seat on the bus/tube/train for them. I have stopped offering to pay for the drinks of female colleagues - insisting we go Dutch when having a drink after work in a group - but I still happily pay for male colleagues drink. I refuse to put the seat down after going for a pee. I refuse to stand aside to allow a woman to come through a door before me.

I can tell you one thing. On the rare occurrence where I do "fight back" and do one or several of the above, boy, do they get riled! 

I do all the above for my wife and she has never once called me out for being sexist!  :rofl::rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
6 hours ago, oilmagnet477 said:

You MUST NOT put your arms around a work colleague these days - you'll be had for sexual harrassment

Ah sh!t 😟

Bring back the 70’s, the typing pools and the comptometer operators when you were expected to do more than just put your arms around them😉😎.

On a way I feel really sorry for those in the office workplace these days :wallbash:

I once worked with a woman (at least I think she was?) As I sat with a room full of others waiting for a meeting to start, she came in and casually asked if anyone could smell bacon. Someone told her to sit down and cross her legs. Now, you couldn't get away with that today!!!

• Haha 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Doesn't look good in this snowflake era looks more and more like yes minister every day

People are too sensitive these days, if they aren't performing is difficult to get rid of them 

• Like 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

2 hours ago, KAS-118 said:

More allegations against Priti Patel - I wonder how long she can last?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-51731753

Of course there is!

Maybe she is a bit of a monster but the cynic in me says there will more as the gold diggers come out of the closet and the civil service closes ranks. 

2 hours ago, KAS-118 said:

More allegations against Priti Patel - I wonder how long she can last?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-51731753

Of course there is!

Maybe she is a bit of a monster but the cynic in me says there will more as the gold diggers come out of the closet and the civil service closes ranks. 

• Gold FFM

It’s worth noting that all the folks spewing the hate for Priti - they would be the very ones who wanted Diane Abbot doing the job.

i shall let you think about that 😂

• Haha 1

Only here once

If you watched Andrew Neil last night with Long-Bailey then you would have seen just how they have not learned and moved on....  Total car crash. She claimed to be lawyer defending the NHS and Neil ripped her apart as she actually did the PFI deals......... Wham. Bam. Pow.Take that Batman...

• Love 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I used to be involved in local politics around our way, Priti Patel is the next constituency. I heard that she leans considerably to the right. Having worked in Public service, it sounds like she may well just be asking "What do you actually do?"

• Like 2

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Looks like more to come and the civil servant head was not blameless in this!

A senior civil servant has launched an attack on Sir Philip Rutnam, the Home Office’s former top official, for “declaring war” on Priti Patel, accusing him of having “undermined the integrity” of his profession.

In an interview with The Telegraph, the mandarin said they had witnessed officials openly undermining Ms Patel in meetings, having apparently “disagreed with what she was trying to do”.

The official witnessed the minister becoming “frustrated” but said they never witnessed “bullying”. The senior Whitehall figure, who has served under both Labour and Conservative governments, said the “normal process” in Whitehall would have seen Sir Philip take a new role if he and Ms Patel could not work together....

The small print.

• Gold FFM

There’s a massive elephant in the room.

shes not Muslim - and there’s a report about “Asian” grooming gangs which the civil service are absolutely desperate to suppress

Only here once