Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Car SOS - Thursday 26th March - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Car SOS - Thursday 26th March

Bibs

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7syg7o

for those of you who don’t have sky this should be the car sos episode. Is Tim’s a dry sump? He was after my spare set of compomotive wheels but in true fashion didn’t want to pay what I wanted for them. So he diamond cut his bbs. 

• Like 1

Trying to see Tims wheels. Unless I am mistaken they are BBS and he has had done to them the same as I did. 

20180725_184201.jpg

Interesting they already knew the gearbox had a problem when they first saw the car, as they mentioned it. We know they were looking for a replacement CWP but they didnt cover anything about the gearbox later on.

• Like 2

Just watched it & it's the best episode that I've seen, not that it was good, it's just that they're normally crap. 😂

• Haha 1

Cheers,

John W

1 hour ago, Andyww said:

Trying to see Tims wheels. Unless I am mistaken they are BBS and he has had done to them the same as I did. 

20180725_184201.jpg

Interesting they already knew the gearbox had a problem when they first saw the car, as they mentioned it. We know they were looking for a replacement CWP but they didnt cover anything about the gearbox later on.

Someone has said that he wanted to buy someone's Comps but didn't want to pay the hefty price folk ask, so had his BBS diamond cut.

If they covered everything the programme would be 3 hours long. So unfortunately for us dudes the producing team have to leave loads out. Ask Fuzz on Facebook, he's very responsive.

Perhaps the gearbox had been OK? We can't all take our cars apart and reconstruct them with surgical operating theatre preparation. Certainly on TV budgets, which aren't as high as you probably think.

I've had 3 globally owned production companies recently enquire about acquiring stock footage for prime time TV programmes currently in production. None of them have the budget to pay the going rate. Even though they want worldwide territories, in perpetuity. Typical unfortunately.

• Like 1

I just need to know how to get one of those dashboards! Even in the extended video on Facecloth Tim specifically says 'no, we're not going to tell you where you can get one' ☹️

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

I don't understand why hes not telling everyone? I do know the SOS team were phoning around for a new CWP. The trouble is they didnt want to pay the going rate. Not sure where they bought one fron in the end. I did note Tim said the case hardening was worn on the one in the car. Some one out there nust know who supplied the dash? 

15 minutes ago, Lotusfab said:

Crown wheel and pinion. Well done Andy, how on earth did you find that?

I would like to claim hours of painstaking research on the web but actually someone posted it on the Esprit Facebook group :)

I suppose the channel would not allow them to openly mention the supplier as they are not an advertiser. Many of the parts suppliers you only get a glimpse of the name. For example they have had wheels from Image Wheels a few times but the name was only visible on the overalls of the guys working there for fractions of a second.

• Like 1

On 26/03/2020 at 22:55, JNW3 said:

Just me or anyone else a little disappointed with the end result?

Front suspension set up looked too high; interior retrim used wrong coloured cloth and carpets along with the tartan; weird black non standard 1970s BL wing mirrors; repainted the front spoiler from white to black; used Webber carbs instead of Dellortos (although I accept they’re tricky to get hold of); kept the S2 side stripes + what they did to the dashboard might have been super clever but was sacrilege IMHO! Maybe I’m just too much of a purist and am being pedantic though?!

And very disappointed to see the Turbo break down too! 😱

just you i think. it was done to get it back on the road not to win some concours show and never to be driven

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

On 27/03/2020 at 09:55, JNW3 said:

Just me or anyone else a little disappointed with the end result?

Front suspension set up looked too high; interior retrim used wrong coloured cloth and carpets along with the tartan; weird black non standard 1970s BL wing mirrors; repainted the front spoiler from white to black; used Webber carbs instead of Dellortos (although I accept they’re tricky to get hold of); kept the S2 side stripes + what they did to the dashboard might have been super clever but was sacrilege IMHO! Maybe I’m just too much of a purist and am being pedantic though?!

And very disappointed to see the Turbo break down too! 😱

Tend to agree - I guess the owner can always fix these things himself. A full Fulcher tartan retrim I imagine was not in the budget!

2 hours ago, pete said:

just you i think. it was done to get it back on the road not to win some concours show and never to be driven

I certainly didn’t mean it should have to be restored to concours and never be driven - apols if that’s what you took from my post as it’s not what I meant at all

• Like 1

I actually prefer the dark material with tartan, does remind me of my brothers TR7 though.

C712F720-1C1A-4BE5-977F-E458748744A6.jpeg.7cac9b0fe05d0c02990097afbebc5df8.jpeg

DA0F90F0-F8E3-4BB8-BF9D-FA1D756DE638.jpeg.83e1b172a9d4ad8f419ba998c294adb7.jpeg

I know these are library shots so no doubt just the lighting albeit I have some doubts as pre production?

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• 1 year later...

I did a lot of investigative stuff to see if I could find the digital dash guy and I think I found some details - PM if needed