Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hants virtual meeting! - Page 10 - UK - Hampshire - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hants virtual meeting!

pbharcourt

• Gold FFM

TLF Hants chapter virtual meeting

Kevin Wheeler is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3999955333?pwd=TnBGU0p5UkdBck1QUExJdXphYkl4UT09

Meeting ID: 399 995 5333
Passcode: 8cDEJ1

• Like 2

How was your Zoom? 

Sorry I missed it Ive been a bit pre occupied dealing with HGF, not on elise I might add but on jeep. Serves me right for servicing it, probably been blowing for months.

I've never zoomed before so I'm looking forward to giving it a go.

HGF is indeed Head Gasket Failure. No emulsion in the oil but it just kept spitting its coolant out and a fair bit of brown gunge, the teller was the radiator stank of fuel/combustion it was probably lacking power but its a bit hard to tell. Upon removal the hg was definitely FUBAR!!!.  

Anyway, 40 notes for a gasket kit not bad, the engines back together now but just tidying a few bits/sheared bolts etc while the manifold and tubes are out the way.

Poor Lotus has been sat outside for a couple of days in the damp. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really sorry I missed the call - I'd remembered in the morning but clean forgot after that.  On the upside, I did catch up on the latest Star Trek episode 🤣 and re-watched 'the green mile' for the umpteenth time!

I didn't make it either (well I did but couldn't download the app or stay online for more than about 10mins at a time) gave a couple of goes but computer said No.

Internet seems to be working again now after it going completely for a few days (funny how it miraculously seems to stabilise after you contact them even though they apparently can't see anything wrong, not the 1st time)

On the plus side I got me jeep alternator back together with its new bearings in,doesn't grumble anymore. Amazing it still worked to be honest, half a bucket of mud and rust fell out during stripping.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, 

Just thought I'd say how is everyone doing? Seems to have been very quiet on here is everyone well?

Finally got Internet sorted, turned out to be the router dying. Long live the new router. Amazing how reliant we become on this tech.

Not done anything Lotus related other than look at it and dream of the finer weather. Jeeps running great though (even passed MOT and Emmisions OK), just need to figure out why it wants to keep turning left, its almost as if its desperate to go off roading. Anyway its something to do and its so nice grovelling around on wet gravel in the cold and damp, I wouldn't want to deprive myself of that fun!!!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Doing fine thanks, just lamenting the fact that tomorrow's dinner has been cancelled.

What do you mean you haven't driven a Lotus? I went for a blast with my mate Peter down to Ringwood to get some beer - him in his Elise and me in the Esprit. I have also taken out the Elise recently.

Esprit passed its MOT. Just advisories on tyres needing replacing in the next couple of thousand miles. I had better start searching for 235/60 R15s cheaper than the Pirellis. Nangkang look cheap, but only rated to 112 mph..... (Not much good for a track day blast).

We could always try a  Zoom again, if you have sorted your router!

Here's to a great 2021!

The Elise is on SORN for the winter, not to mention the mud. Also, I am currently having to supposedly self isolate due to family member going into hospital(not covid related)

Never heard of Nanchang, they sound cheap. Learned my lesson with cheap tyres on the back of my 205gti, kept spinning the thing.

Maybe A summertime Christmas BBQ.??? (post vaccine of course). Sounds like a typically British thing todo, especially if its raining. 

Have a nice christmass all, Tony.

@Kevin Wheeler - https://www.eliseparts.com/shop/wheels-and-tyres/tyres/s2-s3-yokohama-ad07-lts2-tyres-full-set/

@pbharcourt - windscreen still out then is it?!

Drove the Elise ~ 2 weeks ago.  Decided I need to upgrade the headlight bulbs, the high beams + driving lamps are good but the low beams are shocking!  Looking at some LED bulbs, so if anyone has any recommendations??

Sorry I was thinking of the Elise Kev!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crystal-Halogen-7-H4-Headlights-for-Classic-Mini-Cooper-Pair-1959-/174358018607?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Doh!

Realise you are talking tyres now!

Edited by pbharcourt

It's disappointing to not be heading to Winchester for our Christmas bash this evening, but at least I didn't need to keep that appointment to get my hair done this afternoon 😉

Here's hoping that 2021 sees a return to our regular meetups and a belated Christmas meal.

@TechydIf it's any consolation, the lights are still shockingly bad on the S3 Exige, the high beams are just about as good as a modern cars dipped headlights.  I did look into LED bulbs as a possible solution, but it's a legal minefield and unlikely to get through an MOT.  Any improvement is likely to be insignificant due to the reflectors being far from optimal.

@Kevin WheelerNangkang's are on the up, a bit like Yokohama before they became generally available and recognised, but I'd stick with the Pirelli's for now if you can find them, assuming Michelin PS4's are not available in the required size....I've just had a look for 235/60 R15's there's not a lot of choice out there!  Is there any scope to go slightly wider/narrower, or a different profile?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kevin Wheeler said:

Keep up Harcourt!

Retirement rots the brain!:sofa:

Brain was rotting well before retiring....like an old potato in the bottom of the bag, soft and a bit smelly💩

• Haha 2

Thanks Kenny, good to know I’m not the only one who can’t see at night 🤣

I didn’t even think of the Esprit there Kev - sorry!!  I’ve just put Yokohama’s on my other car, had them on Lexus too, really good tyre, but prices definitely in the realms of premium now. Think I paid ~£118 a corner for my wheel size (235 a r18???)

Hope work calms down for your @peteyg so you can relax for Christmas.

Hoping to spend some of my Christmas break working on project ‘Stellios’ - more on that later, but suffice to say first step is a roll cage!

• Like 2