Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hants virtual meeting! - UK - Hampshire - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Hants virtual meeting!

pbharcourt

Hello everyone,

I was sat wondering how everybody is getting on in the Virus lockdown and thought we could have a virtual meeting?

Just post on here to let us know how you and your family are getting on and are you doing anything interesting in the way of hobbies while lockdown is proceeding....... tinkering in the garage? Airfix models? Decorating? Crafting a macrame plant holder? Knitting a Guernsey jumper?🤣

Show us some pictures!

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Kevin,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been under the weather, it's good to read that you are on the mend and hopefully getting home today.  I cannot imagine that a hospital is the best self isolation location to avoid the virus!

Best wishes,

Kenny 

I'm glad to hear that you're home, Kevin.  Take it easy!

It's good to hear that the hospital is quiet, although I fear it may be the calm before the storm.

Sorry to hear you've been unwell Kevin and glad you're on the mend.  I cant speak highly enough of the Basingstoke NHS staff that looked after me, they do an amazing job. 

I've been mostly outside attacking the garden, now doing the communal driveway.  Hoping to get into the garage and get a few things done now that its warming up, It may be a bit tricky for parts & materials but I can probably still get stuff online, just have to plan ahead.

I had an email from the chap that runs a local car show that I've been to a few times and are hoping to run again this year (depending on the situation) If anyone's interested please check out the website for further info (it sounds rather grand but its just a bunch of varied classics and interesting cars parked in a field, its free to attend in your classic and provides an interesting couple of hours wandering around-I usually go cause its local & free, or in other words I am a lazy cheapskate !!!! 😉)

www.broughtonpageantoftransport.co.uk

P.S. forgot to say that's one scary M****r F****ing Owl stare.

• Like 2

I've just seen this thread, need to review my notification settings!  Sorry to hear you've been unwell Kevin but glad you're back home now

All is good with me and the family.  Our entire company is working from home for about 4 weeks now so mostly been doing that and a few things around the house.  I've tidied the garden and cleaned the patio but otherwise not much needs doing thankfully.

Tomorrow, I'm attending a speed awareness course online (via Zoom of all things).  Alas I was caught doing 46mph in a 40mph in February (new car, not the Lotus).  One of those waft along an empty dual carriageway moments, but speeding is speeding after all.  Not looking forward to two and a half hours staring a stranger through a web cam though.

I've been spending more time than I should playing Call of Duty 'Warzone' with some friends - it seems to have become the new pub!  Its a online multiplayer game when you team up in squads of four and compete to be 'last team standing'.  We kicked some ass a few nights back and won which was good!

Welcome to the group, hope we get to have a get together before the year’s out.

Really sorry to hear you have been in hospital Kevin, very unfortunate to get pneumonia with all that’s going on but very glad to hear you’re home now, you must have given Mrs Wheeler a fright to say the least! Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

• Gold FFM

Welcome to the group Mike. There are three of us that live close to Basingstoke and regularly meet the group.

Thanks for your good wishes, guys. Apparently it will be two months before I am back to 100%. More like 60%  at the moment. I had to buy Mrs W a battery powered lawnmower because I am not fit enough to use the petrol one yet! Result!

• Like 2

Hi all and welcome to the club mike,

Were a pretty friendly bunch, I've not been a member long myself but already find that I'm really missing the monthly get together at a Pub (cant see that happening anytime soon).

Finally started work on the elise, currently repairing the hole underneath/front wheel arch from its coming together with a rock. Luckily still have GRP repair paste and filler left over from the elan.  Next I will be having a go at fixing the damage from the hare.  Hopefully I've found a matching paint (have to wait until it arrives).  I'll also have to screw the rear number plate back on as the DS sticky tape has let go and its fallen off - I think its unhappy at not being used.

see you all before not to long hopefully,     Tony

• Like 2

Welcome to the club Mike, looking forward to seeing both those Lotus', hopefully in the near future.  I dropped out of Lotus ownership earlier this year but am already considering what's next (once society is back to normal operation that is).  I'm currently considering the pros and (many?) cons of a Caterham 7 🤔...

Buy the Caterham !

No down sides at all🤣

The best one I drove (closest to a Lotus) was the low spec 1400 K series one with soft suspension. Really usable and comfortable  ride, but still fun when needed.

Nice!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254528678812

• Like 1

7's are brilliant fun, I don't fit too well in the regular chassis, but the SV's are okay.  As Paul says, you don't need the crazy power models to have fun, but they do bring a degree of terror to the fun :D

The biggest issue is not being seen by other road users, they are tiny on the road.

Terror is the right word - I've only had a brief excursion in one as a passenger (on a circuit), an R500 if I recall correctly!  But for the road I'll not want that!

• Haha 1

On the subject of the 7, my Neighbours dad has one and a mate used to have a really tatty westfield back in the day.  All I can remember is it was rather lively at the back end (ham fisted driving) and you feel rather vulnerable having no real sides on the car.  That being said it was easier to get in than my elise!!! and being use to the elan the vulnerability doesn't bother me (its probably safer than a bike anyway).  I do love them though.

Probably a silly question, Dean have you been in an S1 elise ?  Apparently it was designed to be a Se7en for modern times.

I think I would agree with Paul that the lower power ones are probably more fun IMO.  Controversial probably (maybe not with Lotus folks) but I think a car with the exceptional suspension design/dynamics like the lotus can have softer suspension and handle well.  Max. power figures alone are fairly meaningless outside of top trumps. Having said that maybe I'm compensating for only having 118bhp rather than the impressive 350 or so that is in the current exiges.

If anyone (paul obviously) is doing any work in the garage, I am sure a few of us would be interested in hearing, seeing what folks are upto.

Tony

• Like 1

Thought I would have a go at experimenting posting some photos.

Here's some piccys of the chunk of body work missing from the elise and subsequent repair, It looks alright in the photo. but I still have to shape/blend it in better and spray it the correct colour when stuff turns up.  One of it out in the sunshine and one of Archie who's been keeping guard!!!

Enjoy

IMG_7419.jpg.78255665015b469934483a0a3ead7711.jpgIMG_7408.jpg.ce2dcc45ef1b39e8d73e5df229868dd9.jpg

IMG_7386.jpg.7c268a88fec910dc88361b4966f2be9e.jpgIMG_7405.jpg.a4ed0dc597e22aae2e69d63ce0faca65.jpg

• Like 2

Good progress Tony and hello Archie - he's a bit of a poser ! 🙂

I've not been in an S1 at all actually and its on the list to look at and consider for sure, together with an S2.  Unfortunately my budgets not going to get anywhere near another Evora 😞

• Like 1