Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 100 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

Spa next week should be interesting

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

I think Hamilton was a little sneaky on the contact with Verstappen. If you watch video, you see Lewis on a slight arc into the corner. Verstappen locks up then you see Lewis put a little more wheel into the car. This places his front right in front of Verstappen's rear left. If he hadn't done this, he had two choices; 1) turn back to the left and be taken completely off the track or 2) watch his front wing get cleaned out by the left rear tire. He's been racing long enough to know where the strength in the suspension is and isn't. Better to let Verstappen climb his tire which it will readily do.

Just my two cents.

Later,
Eldon

Verstappen was never making that corner, he came in way too hot. Hamilton did start turning into the corner a bit early but even so, he didn't make the apex. The Williams that they both had just lapped did make the apex and un-lapped himself in the corner.

Piastri seemed quite subdued post race. His analytical self probably knew he blew it when he ran off the track at turn 11. Just grateful team orders prevailed. Had he not run off his leading margin was enough to pit and re-enter still leading.

His nature is being very self-critical and to learn for next time.

DanR

3 hours ago, DanR said:

Piastri seemed quite subdued post race

even his getting out of the car moment or the radio chat, was not a real celebration etc

The McLarens boss' interview with DC and co was a bit odd, it was to indicate to both drivers and team about learning together about winning. Liked DC's comments about him getting his win bonus when he ended up 2nd having let his 'team leader' past to win..

Norris/Lewis in cool down room.. Lando still upset.

LH: “Phew! You guys are fast"

LN: : “You had a fast car 7 years ago...”

LH: : “7 years ago? long time. Were you here seven years ago?”

LN: “You had a quick car, and now it’s us.”

LH: “I wasn't complaining, I was complimenting your car.”

Disgraceful behaviour by Max. How he avoided a penalty is beyond me. He was never gonna make the corner. Even worse though, was the absolutely astonishing McLaren sitcom. I’d like to think that Piastri didn’t want to be handed his first victory in such a fashion.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

I must say, the "team orders" thing was baffling. WTH difference does it make who makes the first corner with regard to the team or the "right" to be in the lead at the end of the race? Oscar clearly had initial pace but made mistakes. You earn wins by making fewer mistakes and knowing your tires and strategy for replacing them. Lando may have gotten the undercut but clearly had the pace at the end with a 6 sec lead before capitulating. The one-two would have still meant the same to the team and bolstered his fight for WC. I'm betting the situation won't come up again. If he's a few points short at the end of the season, it will haunt.

Max let his hot head get the best of him, obviously. True champs win in an inferior car with cunning and skill. The team clearly sold tire strategy for the end of the race and were correct based on his late-race pace that, in my view, would have allowed him to take Lewis if he's just been patient. But, no. He owes Lewis a pint for, among other things, continuing to refer to it as a "racing incident" both with DC post-race and with the stewards, apparently.

Did someone say they didn't want another boring season? :D 

• Like 1

So, Helmet has issued a full apology TO Max, from the team. Is it the Head of the drivers development role to do that?

Unbelievable.

How is Max ever going to learn when everyone just licks his toes all the time?

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

How is Max ever going to learn when everyone just licks his toes all the time?

They could lick worse :sick:

• Haha 1

I think it is interesting that Max says that Lewis isn't that great because he was in the best car for so many years. He claims that Alonso is a better driver. I will agree that Alonso is a great driver but I think Max forgets that Lewis beat Alonso in his rookie year on the same team. In fact Lewis lost the championship in his rookie year by just a couple of points. (If I remembered my facts wrong, I'm sorry).

I really think that Max has a Lewis problem!

Later,
Eldon

• Like 1

It’ll be interesting to see how the year pans out. It looks like the Mac Lads have got a real shot at a WDC, and I wonder whether either of them are going to regret those team orders. Every point counts.

i think RB will redouble its efforts; it’s currently heading down the pan. Perhaps Newey has engaged cruise control ready for his departure.

Margate Exotics.

6 hours ago, EldonZ said:

Max has a Lewis problem!

FTFY.

The irony is that in his own comments he is devaluing his own WDC wins of the last 2 years.

He's behaving and speaking like a disrespectful brat and there is just no need for it.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

https://racingnews365.com/mclaren-fires-stern-warning-to-norris-and-piastri-after-team-orders-spat

Think McLaren have a lot to learn about being one of the top teams. Threatening their drivers with the the sack if they disobey team orders is ridiculous. Both drivers would be sought after bh other teams and probably lawyers would be involved 

2 hours ago, pete said:

https://racingnews365.com/mclaren-fires-stern-warning-to-norris-and-piastri-after-team-orders-spat

Think McLaren have a lot to learn about being one of the top teams. Threatening their drivers with the the sack if they disobey team orders is ridiculous. Both drivers would be sought after bh other teams and probably lawyers would be involved 

On the contrary, think it is nice to see the Team have the balls to mark the drivers cars. Red Bull should take note.

No team. No drivers. No F1.

The drivers drive for the Team, not the other away around.

• Like 2

The small print.

The teams might think that but the average fan is surely only interested in the drivers championship 

But that's a bit like saying in Football, or any other team sport, that the players are bigger than the team. 

I'm not really a driver fan. I follow Mercedes, McLaren and Ferrari, though granted the first one has more to do with Hamilton being there and will likely be dropped for 25 by me 

The small print.

Don't think Ronaldo would agree with you😜

• Haha 1