Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 74 - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

And Aston are concerned being tarred with the same brush as RB, for some sort of procedural error and not the budget cap itself.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I read that @pete. Seems that rather than employ him directly they tried to use a "contracting" route to shift the cost elsewhere. If correct the surely that is much worse than a procedural error, it was a deliberate manipulation.

i guess we'll get the full story soon enough..

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Christ, you could lose £20m in that easy. 

Driver pay being excluded just means the teams with the deepest pockets are the only ones who can afford the best drivers. So it sort of negates a big chunk of what the cap was trying to achieve.

F1 just feels like a "dirty" sport when you see this stuff 

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

So, engine development and production is exempt? Why? This must be a huge annual cost of the total budget.

And when you look at all the other stuff on the list in detail it's a joke. I laughed when I read that "financial penalties for breaching the Financial Regulations" was exempt 🤣

Pretty sure both Mercedes and Ferrari would have pushed hard on that engine exemption.

Totally agree with your assessment @Rambo

The small print.

Too true about the power unit costs being excluded. Without those manufacturers there wouldn’t be a grid, or the likes of Mercedes would only have enough money left over to install their engines in a soap box, whereas their customer teams would become top dogs.

14 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

@Rambo sad old Bernie just likes stirring things up
The FIA just don’t have enough backbone to take appropriate action, they have no backbone at all

The FIA are spineless, as you say. It's unfortunate but, as I mentioned in a previous post, it could have all been so simple.

I'm sure that the majority of motorsport lovers (myself included) despair of what has gone on before and what still continues to happen. It must be turning people away from the sport in droves. 🙁

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rambo said:

It must be turning people away from the sport in droves

which sport,      oh I see you mean the F1 business, there to make money not entertain the fans .

Thought Bernie was out of the picture these days. Just making things up?

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/93965/red-bull-warning-bernie-ecclestone/?fbclid=IwAR3cxpRAuCNFQGXZGS9ye980nZVTMMJPGHdTAMesGJBrs1T0ympBnHrsAAE

Asked during an interview with German outlet Blick if Red Bull was in danger of losing Max Verstappen's 2021 title, Ecclestone simply replied: "It will get worse."

In 2019, F1 managing director, motorsport Ross Brawn suggested that a breach of the budget cap would result in a lost championship due to the "fundamental" nature of the new regulation.

Just caught up on the Austin race, it was a pretty good race with lots going on, really enjoyed that.  

Good to see that Merc have bought some upgrades are more competitive, they were in for a chance of a win there and not just because they got a dealt a lucky hand with safety cars or changeable weather etc.  Comments from DC suggested it wasn't just the track really suiting their car and this was genuine increase in overall performance.  Hopefully this means they understand their car better and can keep this good form for the next few remaining races and even start next year back at sharp end and fighting it out with Red Bull and Ferrari for the wins.

Oh also that move by Charles down the inside of Sergio (I think?)!  🫣😆😍 Wowza!

On 11/10/2022 at 09:48, Rambo said:

I think we've become so used to bending the rules, lies and corruption during and after Covid by the likes of Boris Johnson  and Nicola Sturgeon we've become accustomed to it unfortunately.

Integrity seems to have disappeared from our vocabulary entirely. When was the last time you heard of anyone being sacked? They all get a chance to resign on a full, gold plated pension.

Masi should have been sacked from his position immediately after an enquiry for bending the rules and turning F1 into one almighty, farcical cock up The final result should have been reversed and everyone, with the exception of MV and RB, would've seen that rules were followed and integrity was maintained.

It was all so very simple.

I can't believe you've brought in Johnson and Sturgeon . All credit to you. I'd have never made that leap but I have to say its nonsense :)

The rest of it, I full believe in.

An example of Sturgeon bullshit. It seems that putting your name to a letter raising objections directly to her government does not count as raising an issue with her!  WTF. Talk about spin.

An SNP minister has resigned over Scottish government plans to make it easier for someone to change their legally-recognised gender.

Ash Regan quit as community safety minister, saying her conscience would not allow her to support the plans.

Her resignation came hours ahead of the gender recognition reform bill being passed in principle at Holyrood.

Ms Regan was one of 15 senior SNP politicians - including current Finance Secretary Kate Forbes and Business Minister Ivan McKee - who signed a letter in 2019 urging the Scottish government not to "rush" into "changing the definition of male and female".

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said she accepted the resignation, but noted that Ms Regan had not approached her to raise her concerns.

She said: "I note that at no stage have you approached me - or indeed the cabinet secretary for social Justice - to raise your concerns about the Gender Recognition Reform Bill or the vote this evening.

To keep on topic, I don't think the FIA is a credible organisation. I also don't think Mr. Horner has much credibility left too after his outbursts when this came to light. I honestly do not see how anyone can think Horner is more credible than Wolf.

The small print.

Looks as if the FIA / Red Bull terms of the budget cap settlement will be announced today......looks like a slight slap on the wrist/wagging a finger sort of penalty. 

https://the-race.com/formula-1/red-bull-agrees-terms-with-fia-over-2021-f1-cost-cap-breach/?fbclid=IwAR37DwYwI4KZ8m85aHWMcHmPBHT6zjek4Zwbqb5Udd1InVH5_NLcKCasH2s

The Race understands that a fine and a reduction in the amount of aerodynamic testing time Red Bull is allowed in the future is likely, and that this was always the level of punishment the FIA was aiming for in this case.

And what else did anyone expect?  The fact is, in this day and age, with computers etc there can be NO excuse for breaking the budget cap. None.  It's cheating, end of.

A procedural breach - i.e. cocking up a process, I can live.

To me it is just another example of the inept, toothless, "authority" that the FIA has. At the end of the day, the FIA needs F1 more than F1 needs the FIA, so the balance of power is not with the governing body.

The small print.

Yep, now every team knows that you can go over and the penalty is not enough to discourage the action. I wonder if the fine will come out of the '23 budget which could make the penalty a little more painful.

Wonder what happened to the wording that the penalty had to effect the year of competition that the cost over run occurred.

Later,
Eldon

Totally absurd penalty😠

Quote “the punishment comes after Red Bull admitted they were at fault” Interpret “admitted they were at fault” as “admitted they were cheats.” 

Horner’s many & continued (up to 3 days ago) denials and his threats to sue those who have claimed that RB had broken the budget cap should now come back and bite him firmly on the @rse. Time to turn the tables Mercedes and Ferrari and sue Little Jack for his slanderous reactions to their very truthful claims.

All we can take from this is that the FIA are bigger disgrace than RB😠

• Like 2