Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 75 - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

When you look at the breach, I would not say that was minor nor immaterial and would have had an impact on the outcome of the WDC given how close it was. Yup, toothless FIA bottled it again.

So, what do we think about Horner's outbursts threatening Wolf and others with legal action for defamation now that they have fully accepted they were in breach. I am sorry, but how Horner can have ANY credibility left is beyond me. He doesn't have any in my eyes. 

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
13 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

Totally absurd penalty

Most people must be of the same opinion - unless you work for RB.

Wonder how mush over/under the cap they will be for this year? But you can't blame the other teams to go over by a few millions....now...

Also just noticed that Alonso's penalty has been overturned and reading some of the details, whether you agree about the ruling or not, it is another total shambles from the FIA. Haas must feel really unpopular....

• Like 1

Perhaps a forfeit of driver and constructor points for 2021 and 2022 might have been a fairer result? After all, RB must have gained huge advantages over their competitors.

Let's start with a 9 point penalty for both RB drivers last season 😉

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Let's start with a 9 point penalty for both RB drivers last season

Hope DSQ for the rest of the year, they could save some cash.

That's an awful lot of coffee and biscuits as Horner referred to it!

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Anybody else think that Horner is becoming/has become a liability for RB. Time to get rid for the sake of RB’s future integrity.

In this interview for the word “people” read “I”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/formula1/63434644

• Like 1

RB and the FIA agreed on the details/punishment perhaps they also came to an agreement of which categories the overspend was.  May be if RB had not agreed they would have had a more severe penalty and the details of where the overspend was may have been wider.  I get the impression that Horner thinks the whole thing is not relevant and would like to blame anyone else especially the other teams. 

An overspend is an overspend whichever way you look at it. They might be inferring social security, tea and biscuits overspends but this could equally be engine design or body modifications.

Whatever way you look at it, it is still cheating. No point in having rules if they continue to be broken and abused 😕

Indeed not, Pete!

Horner’s doing a good job for Red Bull because if he wasn’t, he’d have been booted out years ago. Morals go out of the window whenever money comes into play. F1 is a high stakes game, and they’re all looking for any angle they can get.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

1 hour ago, pete said:

Ferrari have got away with things for years , don't see any complaints about that. 

I'm sure they have Pete. In fact, I'm sure they all have 😕

It's just that I can't abide cheating of any sort. I wasn't brought up that way 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, pete said:

Ferrari have got away with things for years , don't see any complaints about that. 

The cost cap was only introduced for the 2021 season. The only team to be penalised for exceeding this new regulation just happens to be the one that won the Drivers’ title, not Ferrari. In the past there certainly have been complaints about Ferrari bending/breaking other rules. Don’t you remember the FIA = Ferrari International Assistance jibes?

• Like 1

Christ this thread is becoming just like listening to the Politicians on the news. Forget about the past and the deflection, we had no cost cap then and just look at this issue, rather than trying to deflect with past issues.

The fact is the rules are the rules. And these teams employ an army of clever people who should know how to add up. It's strange that the figures are around $5m, the $2m then $0.5m depending on which version of the accounts are read. It's blatant cheating and if anyone thinks otherwise they are nuts (in my opinion of course), especially when you see how much a 10% reduction in wind tunnel time will cost as Horner is complaining he reckons it's 0.5s a lap.  Hmmm, 10% wind tunnel, around $0.5m by any chance, certainly $5m... That certainly would have created a winning margin in last years WDC.

The margins of performance are so tight that this really is material.

The punishment is laughable when you consider that the "fine" does not get counted in the "costs " for this or next year - how the f@@k can that be right? Open season I say.

The small print.

From one nut to another(only my opinion) rules are rules whenever they were in force. Not saying red bull were right but can't believe the vitriol against them and Horner on here when other rules have been broken in the past and swept under the carpet and no complaints on here

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Christ this thread is becoming just like listening to the Politicians on the news. Forget about the past and the deflection, we had no cost cap then and just look at this issue, rather than trying to deflect with past issues.

The fact is the rules are the rules. And these teams employ an army of clever people who should know how to add up. It's strange that the figures are around $5m, the $2m then $0.5m depending on which version of the accounts are read. It's blatant cheating and if anyone thinks otherwise they are nuts (in my opinion of course), especially when you see how much a 10% reduction in wind tunnel time will cost as Horner is complaining he reckons it's 0.5s a lap.  Hmmm, 10% wind tunnel, around $0.5m by any chance, certainly $5m... That certainly would have created a winning margin in last years WDC.

The margins of performance are so tight that this really is material.

The punishment is laughable when you consider that the "fine" does not get counted in the "costs " for this or next year - how the f@@k can that be right? Open season I say.

Rules aren’t rules in f1.  More like guidelines 😂

• Haha 1

On 29/10/2022 at 17:14, pete said:

From one nut to another(only my opinion) rules are rules whenever they were in force. Not saying red bull were right but can't believe the vitriol against them and Horner on here when other rules have been broken in the past and swept under the carpet and no complaints on here

Correct me if I’m wrong, but according to the FIA, Red Bull was fined/penalised for an overspend. I saw no mention of “cheating” in the judgment, unless I missed something?

Margate Exotics.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-autosport/1689716/max-verstappen-sky-sports-f1-boycott-christian-horner-ted-kravitz?fbclid=IwAR2_OeRmgAjNdUbmBpbdwfjzWfD_lU5apfRFRnARIB2a5QnlF12XtuowjBs

It is understood Vertsappen’s boycott of the popular channel is “indefinite”, meaning the reigning champion may not appear again this season. The ban is also expected to impact Sky Germany and Sky Italia’s coverage of the weekend’s race. 

Sky Sports host Ted Kravitz made the remarks about last season’s title decider in his post-race 'Ted's Notebook' after last week's United States Grand Prix.

You have to appreciate Lewis Hamilton being so calm and gentlemen after Abudhabi 21. He was cheated and rule’s where broken but he kept his composure. A few words in jest from Ted Kravitz and the golden boy has lost his shit.

• Like 1