Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 37 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

31 minutes ago, jep said:

At Bell and Colvill today:

Is that the service centre , does not look like the entrance to the Lotus/Subaru showroom?

Lewis - lucky to get pole Max crashes - I wonder if Max will need a new gearbox and hence a penalty.

Yep. Service centre in Guildford on a rather unpleasant industrial estate but still the same warm welcome and buckets of enthusiasm from all at B&C. 

A McLaren open day with free food and drink but plenty of Lotus too. 

I'm not sure Lewis was lucky - he forced Max to have to go quicker and on that track, you pay for small errors - as it should be. I feared Lewis would bin it for lack of grip but thankfully not. 

I really admire Max, such a talent. And Red Bull for getting in the fight this year. Honda too - they deserve a Championship as a farewell.

I still want Lewis to win the title though.

Justin

IMG20211204133429.thumb.jpg.6c9a810c4d6a03146a4e1c725d2cdf47.jpg

56 minutes ago, jep said:

I really admire Max, such a talent. And Red Bull for getting in the fight this year. Honda too - they deserve a Championship as a farewell.

I still want Lewis to win the title though.

Agree, Max has a lot of talent and has progressed over the last year or so but still needs to improve his aggressive style. I also hope Lewis wins an 8th WDC.

Not been to B&C service centre, looks like a new (ish) place, typical of garage establishments. Understood that Lotus were not too happy with the B&C site in regard to the new brand image, but the new service centre has probably helped.

McLaren servicing and planning for housing on part of old site played a major part. 

It is a pro set up and very clean, just not a pleasant location. Not much choice for Andy I am sure, needs must.

On topic, I would think a few DNF today, hopefully not Lewis. Valerie needs to step up but Max ain't easy to contain.

Justin

3 minutes ago, jep said:

On topic, I would think a few DNF today, hopefully not Lewis. Valerie needs to step up but Max ain't easy to contain.

The track did look very fast between the walls, but not an attractive track, bit like some of the Formula E tracks that go round car parks.

I expect the odd safety car this race.

Just watched Max's pole attempt lap, he was really going for it. Used every inch of that track really on the limit, he wanted that bad. Shame.

Going to be interesting as it is a very fast tight track so several safety car stints could be on the cards.

Can't wait to see the outcome but hope it all comes down to the last race at Abu Dhabi.

• Like 1

Max and RB need to be punished somehow, very poor by Max - again . Horner's comment that he didn't know why Lewis went into the back of Max..... Boycott RB products.

Max must have been to the Michael Schumacher school of driving.

Really hope someone takes him out next week...

• Like 2

He did leave the podium early, did he do the post race interview, as sometimes they treat that worse than bad driving???

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

He did leave the podium early, did he do the post race interview, as sometimes they treat that worse than bad driving???

No, the post interview occurred before they went on the podium. It looks due to the collision between Hamilton and him on track.

Later,
Eldon

• Like 1

I agree that this makes sense since even in the past, time penalties have not always given the deserved penalty. I believe the problem is that the teams have to agree to a rule change.

Later,
Eldon

• Like 1

So, the Stewards decide to hand Max a 10 second penalty for his actions causing the collision with Lewis. It has no effect on the outcome of the race so what type of message does this send?

Later,
Eldon

• Like 1

Wonder how Max will react to being booed so much 

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, PaulCP said:

It’s going to be interesting next week🤔

Will Mad Max, the guy who it was reported this weekend is always prepared to crash rather than concede a position, be prepared enough for a crash which will take him & Hamilton out so that he gets the title that way? …………… I don’t doubt it for a second!

FIA should consider a rule change this week. If they both end up out due to colliding there’s no point in disqualifying the guilty driver since a disqualification would have no impact on the drivers championship and sanctions for the next race would be a joke. 
The rule change which should be considered is that a disqualification would also carry a points deduction, it’s the only way to ensure a clean race from the madman!

Spot on, Paul! In my beloved ice hockey there are circumstances in which a goal is awarded to the side whose player has been fouled. It is a rare but appropriate ruling for certain situations when scoring was assured barring the foul, eg. attacking player fouled on a breakaway to an undefended net. There is a place for something comparable in motor racing, as any resolving of the Championship by virtue of a substantial foul brings a taint to the efforts of all for the entire season.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EldonZ said:

So, the Stewards decide to hand Max a 10 second penalty for his actions causing the collision with Lewis. It has no effect on the outcome of the race so what type of message does this send?

Later,
Eldon

In a normal season and a normal race a 10 second penalty would possibly drop  the driver several places even out of the points, but this year Lewis and mad max are so far ahead it makes no difference.  Without Max, this year would have been a bit boring (?) as Lewis would have won the WDC months ago. I do hope Max does not profit from his poor attitude this year. Maybe next year he will be better - but I doubt it.

• Like 1

A 2.9g sudden deceleration. I'm sorry but that penalty for that offence which could have taken Lewis out totally is an appalling injustice.

I do think that Massi's position is becoming untenable. He's been awful.

I do think Max knew his medium tyres would not last and so Lewis or both not finishing was OK with him.

Also disappointed to see Bottas backing up under the safety car too. Not sporting 

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!