Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 69 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

10 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Alonso is taking Vettel’s old seat at Aston Martin.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/62376428

So Basically Alonso is going to teach Stroll how to be a real F1 driver?  Wonder how long that relationship will last, as we can see with Ocon and the others in the past, Alonso doesn't play well with other children.

1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

EFA. 

What's EFA?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 01/08/2022 at 10:58, pete said:

Interesting. Wonder who will take his seat at Renault 

Piastri is taking the seat

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Wonder if he has been working behind the scenes with another team for a drive?

Would of thought Alpine to be a good first F1 drive.

The small print.

Perhaps hoping for McLaren to release one of their drivers early.

• Haha 1

2 more about how good Ferrari were last weekend...

image.thumb.jpeg.3e5338d5b41d25483646e6069ac5c100.jpeg

and 1 from Clarkson. I wonder how any Ferrari fans forums are enjoying the media attention.

image.thumb.jpeg.5ad5783c292bea628c324804590aeef0.jpeg

• Haha 2

On 03/08/2022 at 07:53, C8RKH said:

Wonder if he has been working behind the scenes with another team for a drive?

Would of thought Alpine to be a good first F1 drive.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/oscar-piastri-two-valid-alpine-mclaren-contracts/

Otmar Szafnauer comments are quite right really, however I guess the problem is how was Piastri able to go and sign another contract (with McLaren) in the first place?  It might suggest that Alpines young driver program / contract was not clear enough and therefore allowed flexibility for him to go sign another one.

Of course, maybe Piastri really doesn't care about that sort of thing, I hope not, as IMO I don't think that is a great way to enter F1 at all; whose going to trust him and what does that say about his sportsmanship?

He can just drive alternate weekends for each team.

To be fair, he won’t be the first person to have accepted two job offers. I’ve done it. I had already signed a contract for one company, but then got a better offer from another before I started with the first one. They were p!ssed off to say the least, but had to let me go. There was no point in holding me to their contract after that.

This came up the other day. no mention of RB as they must have won already. No Williams....and Alpine have no driver

image.thumb.jpeg.829e66d8b562fbb6141e62d9f6af0795.jpeg

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/62663761 

Australian Daniel Ricciardo to leave McLaren at end of season

Thought he might have not made the second part of the year.

expected to be followed by confirmation that McLaren have signed Australian Oscar Piastri

Also the rule changes from the next race, an article says...

The FIA has introduced a new test on the underbody 'plank' - a piece of hardwood that can wear only so much and which therefore prevents the ride-height from being run too low. The idea is to prevent the plank from bending upwards into a gap that had been deliberately left by some teams between the plank and underside of the monocoque for that purpose.

Ferrari and Red Bull are two of the teams understood to have been using this design, which is believed to be effective in controlling porpoising. The Mercedes does not have such a gap.

Not totally surprising that Red Bull, who have circumvented the plank rules will be teaming up with Porsche for engines. Porsche are part of the Volkswagen group who recently decided it would be a good idea to circumvent the diesel emissions rules.

Did I hear someone say cheats? haha

I'm all for innovation but I do think circumvented was the correct term. It's a specification that is there at the time of testing but not adhered at the time of racing. Hat's off to them for being clever.

Yes, I know that all teams will look for a winning edge and interpretation and that it is down to the rule makers to tighten up those rules when they are being circumvented.

11 hours ago, pete said:

cleverly interpreted

Wasn't this what Colin Chapman was most famous for? :) 

It's getting there......