Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
George Floyd - Page 6 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

George Floyd

17 hours ago, RichardC said:Leaving the statues up and attaching a plaque explaining that certain members  of the "great and good" of that era managed to get to the top of society by actually being nasty pieces of work who were involved in the slave trade, might serve a better purpose?

Not sure this is news or restricted to that era. A good proportion of the great and the good these days are not exactly known for their social conscience or selflessness. 

as my dad used to say, extreme wealth with a few exceptions, you are either born into it, steal it or you are completely amoral. You don’t get rich playing nice. 

• Like 2

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

As regards the protests.  You cannot erase only the bad from history. If you remove one aspect of history then it will change many aspects of the present. This does not excuse it or change it, but let’s concentrate on getting it right now in the present instead of kicking off over the past which cannot be changed. 

We have a multicultural society in the UK in a large part because of colonialism, that is where we are and reversing out colonialism would by its definition mean that we would not be that multicultural society. So surely accepting the past (Not accepting it is right, but it cannot be changed) and concentrating on ensuring our society works properly for every member of it in the present is the right thing to be doing. This is probably where this started and should have stayed, however the actions and arguments being made are diverting attention from what does need to be done to something that cannot be changed, but merely cause more divisiveness and bitterness and a polarisation of society. 

Unfortunately I can see the ongoing blanket and extremist coverage providing a fertile recruitment ground for the likes of the BNP. 

• Like 2

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

Sadly the problem is entrenched in our society. One side says we are being discriminated - the other says no you are not. One side commits atrocities - the other ignores it.

I for one couldn’t care less about the race, colour, creed, religion, beliefs etc etc a person holds - if they are a c£!t then that’s what they are. 

I do however care massively for the young girls groomed and systematically raped by certain groups in society. They acted above the law with utter impunity. Had that have been any of my girls - I’d frankly have murdered as many of them as possible. Sadly - this is where we will end up if the authorities do not deal with it.

Ive already seen posts regarding tommy Robinson heading to London this weekend - and other posts regarding the attempted murder of the individual on the streets. It’s a sad sad time coming I think.

Only here once

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

I do however care massively for the young girls groomed and systematically raped by certain groups in society. They acted above the law with utter impunity.

Exactly, and the authorities turned a blind eye because they were scared of being dragged into a racial discrimination scenario. Trouble is they (the authorities) were not only guilty of turning a blind eye, they were still guilty of discriminating against the girls who were affected.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Ear masks now available -  Protect yourself from people talking bollox.

6CAF336B-24B3-4958-B64D-D0E18B4CE886.jpeg

• Haha 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Extracts of letter from the Berkeley Professor: ". George Floyd was a multiple felon who once held a pregnant black woman at gunpoint. He broke into her home with a gang of men and pointed a gun at her pregnant stomach. He terrorized the women in his community. He sired and abandoned multiple children, playing no part in their support or upbringing, failing one of the most basic tests of decency for a human being. He was a drug-addict and sometime drug-dealer, a swindler who preyed upon his honest and hard-working neighbors. And yet, "people" are celebrating this violent criminal, elevating his name to virtual sainthood. A man who hurt women. A man who hurt black women. With the full collaboration of the UCB history department, corporate America, most mainstream media outlets, and some of the wealthiest and most privileged opinion-shaping elites of the USA, he has become a culture hero, buried in a golden casket, his (recognized) family showered with gifts and praise. Americans are being socially pressured into kneeling for this violent, abusive misogynist. A generation of black men are being coerced into identifying with George Floyd, the absolute worst specimen of our race and species."

• Like 2

Cheers,

John W

21 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

Nobody deserves to die in the manner George Floyd did @jonwat

I agree, but he wasn't the saint they're making him out be .

Cheers,

John W

• Gold FFM
23 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

It has also been said he was trying to turn his life around. Nobody deserves to die in the manner George Floyd did @jonwat

He was doing a great job of it as well - bring off his tits on meth and trying to commit yet more law breaking activity.

the police however are not judge and executioner - this was a case of a bad police officer killing a bad man. Colour, race and creed are not a key factor in this

Only here once

Have all the facts come out yet on what happened immediately after he was arrested and what led to the Police officers feeling the need to restrain him in such a violent manner?

Nothing justifies the manner in which he died, but I think it’s important to know all the facts.

On the videos I have seen he appears to be compliant until he goes to ground as they try to put him in a police vehicle. Unfortunately what happens between that point and his neck being knelt on is what I cant find. He is handcuffed throughout and being handled by at least one officer at all times, and doesn't appear to be running away etc?

And another non white person shot dead by the American police apparently the guy had fallen asleep in a Wendy’s drive through. If I was a African American in America I think I would be self isolating 

All lives matter

• Sad 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• Gold FFM

The bbc reporting of this saturdays events in London is an absolute disgrace.

Last weekend we say mass civil unrest, police ran away, statues vandalised, memorials daubed with graffiti, flags burnt. It was apparently all a positive peaceful protest according to the media.

yesterday - police turned up in droves as it was the wrong group protesting, full riot gear. Kettled groups repeatedly and while at least two individuals have had their throats slit by POC - the bbc are more interested in a bloke having a piss. The media and the bbc are not helping the cause in anyway at all by not providing balanced reporting. All this is going to do is fuel yet more hate.

I am utterly disgusted by the human race this morning.

• Like 2

Only here once

Barry, it’s  not the BBCs reporting of this saturdays events in London that are an absolute disgrace, the BBC themselves are a total national disgrace these days.

I can’t find the link now but I read an article recently by John Humphries (ex BBC) who said that “BBC reporting these days is just bandwagon reporting” and that ‘they lack any form of independence and neutrality on a vast majority of issues.”

I really wouldn’t mind paying a license fee as a form of taxation but the thought that my hard earned goes towards keeping this disgraceful organisation operational really gripes with me 😠

• Like 1

Good morning Paul

I stopped paying my licence fee sometime ago.... never felt better about something.

we stream all our programmes, Netflix, itv player, all4 and my5 plus all the radio stations.

A big plus is that we choose what we want to watch when we want to watch it.

The silent majority’s rights are being eroded week by week in many various forms, the easiest way to slow this is to be very selective where we spend our money

• Like 1

Re John Humphrys

Interesting to note that he peddled their shit for 33 years, probably because he was on to a good thing. And now that he has retired at the age of 76 he can voice his own thoughts and opinions....I personally would rather be my own man.

• Like 1

Getting more ridiculous as the days go on

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8418845/Winston-Churchills-picture-REMOVED-Googles-list-British-Prime-Ministers.html

The events of the speech of 20th April 1968 could yet materialise if common sense doesn’t start to prevail & these organisations (google etc) are not helping the cause

He is absolutely correct.

People would rather believe what a friend of a friend of a friend posts on Fartbook because they have a zillion likes, so what they post must be true

The biggest source of bad and ignorant education that has ever existed!

• Like 1