Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
BBC - Again! - Page 5 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

BBC - Again!

PaulCP

@C8RKH seen her without her facepaint, its quite a shock!

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

1 minute ago, red vtec said:

@C8RKH seen her without her facepaint, its quite a shock!

Did you close the door on your way out?

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I have to ask, who's Claudia? :getmecoat:

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

19 hours ago, Escape said:

I have to ask, who's Claudia? :getmecoat:

A better question would be "what is Claudia?"

image.png.b10b071306f4cd39255ecf72c9efb5f5.png

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Looks like Dee Snider after a long and muddy festival weekend. But probably not as good a singer. 🙂

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 4 months later...

I find cricket interesting and so do a lot of others (millions). I'm not that bothered about Prince Harry but can understand why he is reported on. Angela Merkel is a national leader and is definitely news worthy. Several hundred protesters with minority views behaving like idiots should not be given the oxygen of publicity, that might be considered irresponsible and inflammatory.

Why are you not complaining about other news purveyors not reporting on your minority interest? You are showing your prejudices.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buddsy said:

So the last anti-covid19 lockdown march was not reported at all by the BBC despite being the biggest political protest in London for 20 years. Saturdays protest looks to have been even bigger but still the BBC seem not to have noticed it? I know they are just an arm of the GOV and they dont want this message getting out but still. Are they now just taking the piss? 

buddsy

I'm not that well versed in UK politics and the BBC, but if this was indeed one of the biggest recent protest, it should be covered in the news of a public station. Otherwise their bias is very clear. At least over here we have 2 big rival stations, one public and one private, so we don't get too many omissions. Though it's very clear both are openly supporting the way the government

handles

creates the current crisis, they're certainly not showing the full picture and only interviewing the same people with the same views over and over again. 
  • Like 2

@Barrykearley what was that about the BLM reporting?  :devil:

• Haha 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM
On 08/09/2020 at 04:39, pete said:

Perhaps he will bring back "it ain't half hot mum" or Alf Garnett.

Or reruns of The Two Ronnies and The Dave Allen Show.

Actually while we’re at it, The Goodies and The Good Life as well.

Mind you, I am not sure which channel would pick them up over here? Maybe the ABC?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

31 minutes ago, ramjet said:

Or reruns of The Two Ronnies and The Dave Allen Show.

Actually while we’re at it, The Goodies and The Good Life as well.

Mind you, I am not sure which channel would pick them up over here? Maybe the ABC?

Oh God! They would never allow Dave Allen! Infact the BBC have the rights to it as a BBC produced show but its never repeated as it's considered not PC enough by the BBC. 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

There have been a couple of specials of his show, using clips from various episodes, but cannot remember which channel it was on. I did manage to find the clip of him being Bond driving the elite on his driving test.

• Gold FFM

@Kimbers - let’s face it - teachers are being muted from discussing cartoons. It’s about time the government kicked some of this crap far into the long grass.

• Like 1

Only here once

On 01/06/2021 at 10:52, Kimbers said:

Oh God! They would never allow Dave Allen! Infact the BBC have the rights to it as a BBC produced show but its never repeated as it's considered not PC enough by the BBC. 

As a huge fan of Dave Allan as a youngster, especially Dave Allan at large, I do believe the main issue with his material, was that he expressly stated, and where possible had written into his contracts, that his material would not be the subject of reruns/repeats.  He passionately believed in looking forward, as opposed to backwards, the latter thing he felt repeats did.

His wishes have been reaffirmed by his son who has regularly confirmed his fathers wishes, rather admirable as he would have probably financially benefitted from them.

The small print.

• Gold FFM

I didn't know that about the rerun part of DA's contract. Pity. Very funny show.

I agree with a lot of thoughts though. Comedy is exactly that. Comedy. We are building a very greyscale feeling world.

I do not think comedy should be judged under the PC banner unless it is obviously vehement against only one sector of society. Only maybe then.

If a comedian pokes fun at, let's say Achmed (which I find hilarious), he also pokes fun at American characters as well. Balance.

If you can not laugh at yourself, it speaks more for your own opinion of yourself than that of others.

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Absolutely Michael. Hardeep Kohli Singh is a Glaswegian Sikh TV presenter-comedian-broadcaster. His one man toruing show in 2014 was entitled "Hardeep is your love" (yes, the BeeGee's were singing for him in the background) and he took the piss out of everyone and it was hilarious - though some thought his taking the piss out of people of a similar religion to himself was untasteful!

The Book of Mormon - one of the funniest shows I have ever seen on the West End. Now, they really do take the piss out of every religion going. My belly was aching after that.

However, the worrying thing is that increasingly you can't "have a joke" about anything really and somebody somewhere will be offended by what you say. I just don't get it to be honest. Maybe because as a scouser I've been the butt of so many jokes about stealing, being workshy/on the dole, tracksuits, etc that it just doesn't affect me anymore! :) Though I have to admit seeing Diana's wedding dress on the BBC this morning did remind me of my mothers lovely, matt white Kappa shell suit that she wore for her 14th wedding. Oh, and those white Adidas Gazelle trainers with the silver stripes......

Ironically, as we're talking about the BBC, I find myself listening a lot these days to the World Service. I sometimes wonder if it is actually a part of the BBC as the reporting is so much more factual and unbiased it seems, as compared to the BS you see and hear on the BBC TV channel news.  

The small print.