Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
JPS Project - Page 9 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

JPS Project

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Advice please .

Is there a certain sequence to assembling the front suspension ? It looks like if I just have the dampers and lower wishbones in place ( i.e. no upright/top wishbone etc ) the lower wishbone will be in contact with the chassis . The springs ( 2.5inch) are a bugger to compress .

Also what is this part ?

Thanks in advance. 

bobbin.jpg

The springs must be held securely in a compressed state for assembly. Are the dampers' lower ends bolted through the lower of the 2 sets of holes in the TCA's? Often they are assembled in error with bolt through the uppers.

Cheers

In a rush earlier, I should have added that the S1/S2 front suspension droop is remarkable in that the A-R bar and steering tie rod come into contact ( or utterly near ) at full extension of the damper. Does not seem to be of consequence in use, however.

Cheers

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lovely day for a 100 mile trip to Lotusbits to see the engine on the dyno . The Elise has the factory 135 upgrade ( fitted at dealers post production ) and I must say those extra 17 bhp over standard transform the car . First drive , love it . 

elise.jpg.4a58770f2f83e66d4ce5e8b6316c07be.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...