Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
JPS Project - Page 23 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

JPS Project

Had a couple of speaker surrounds 3D printed ( thanks to Holycows for the file ) . Need a bit of tiding up but look ok . 

speaker surrounds.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Djs44 said:

Had a couple of speaker surrounds 3D printed ( thanks to Holycows for the file ) . Need a bit of tiding up but look ok . 

speaker surrounds.jpg

Doh! I had a pair of originals for sale on eBay for a while, but sold a few months back.

Bibs
This post was recognized by Bibs!

drdoom was awarded the badge 'Helpful'

Try Ditzler PPG 27339, or equivalent, for "Lotus Gold" A04.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Headlining fitted . All electrics tested but there is an issue with the control module that needs sorting by the supplier . Brakes and clutch bled and working and the car was reversed off the ramp at Lotusbits . I've had the car back due to the delay with the control module so I can get on with other bits , mainly trim . 

Does anyone have a picture of the fit of the B post finishers - I have had to get new ones from SJ and they seem a bit short ( gap at the top ) ? Also there is quite a gap between the vertical panel behind the seats and the b posts - I think there should be some sort of finisher here ? 

Thanks 

headlining.jpg

• Like 2

I would be happy to oblige with some photos of the interior trim in JPS #40, if you could be a little more specific.

5 hours ago, Rudi K said:

I would be happy to oblige with some photos of the interior trim in JPS #40, if you could be a little more specific.

Thanks again Rudi - I think the outside is ok having looked again , but this is the inside gap . I seem to remember some leather/vinyl bridging the gap when i took it to bits . 

gap.jpg

Yes, the gap between bulkhead finisher panel and B pillar is bridged by fabric matching the remaining interior trim, black leather in this case. The fabric is pinched between door seal and pillar, unsure what, if any, method is used to secure the other side. For mine I expect we'll back the interior side with foam sufficient to bear the trim up against the panel backside so that it is held close to the panel while not being affixed.

Lovely progress!

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Not on Marcasite and tartan cars it isn't. Just nylon wrapped around the bulkhead panel.

Has it shrunk? 😆'A' pillar interior panels have a pleat on the edge to take up the difference.

Edited by Fridge

A shot taken while disassembling my S2:

IMG_1658.JPG

Appears to have been bonded to the bulkhead panel backside.

• Like 1

Interesting. That looks like a typical Lotus production floor make amends.

My S1 didn't have anything like that. Possibly added for S2 perhaps?

Was this the after market bulk head panel you used or the original?

My original just disintegrated so I’m buying a new one, the trimmer suggested I checked the fit first as he sees a lot of variance in sizing regards the after market panels….

41 minutes ago, JonSE said:

Was this the after market bulk head panel you used or the original?

My original just disintegrated so I’m buying a new one, the trimmer suggested I checked the fit first as he sees a lot of variance in sizing regards the after market panels….

Original 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fridge said:

Not on Marcasite and tartan cars it isn't. Just nylon wrapped around the bulkhead panel.

Has it shrunk? 😆'A' pillar interior panels have a pleat on the edge to take up the 

1 hour ago, drdoom said:

A shot taken while disassembling my S2:

IMG_1658.JPG

Appears to have been bonded to the bulkhead panel backside.

Thank you , perfect 

Edited by Djs44

IMG_0770.jpeg.3ad31301cfe4f4edbcc122439a550e89.jpegIMG_0769.jpeg.6913d9706b65bda4a3388084185329ff.jpegIMG_0767.jpeg.8afb1427f6b8790a4cbebf98ef99352f.jpegIMG_0766.jpeg.608bcc38f667f155f4290ddeb306b7c8.jpeg

I am not sure why you do not have a snug fit between the VA15 trim board that covers the upper part of there rear bulkhead and the pillars. I hope the photos from JPS #40 will help.

• Like 1

The World Campion JPS Esprit certainly has one of the best, if not the best interiors. Especially the Momo steering wheel.

Rudi, that's a top notch interior result for your car, not matched by how mine was built.

Cheers

Rudi 

Thank  you for the pictures . The fit on yours looks perfect . Mine certainly isn’t - it is original thou and there are still remnants of the infill material on mine , as per Dr Doom .

I was thinking I should maybe adjust the panel by building up it to fit properly and then recovering it . Then I thought I really just want to drive it soon !! 
The infill is quite an easy job and I have some spare leather from the interior retrim . 

• Like 1

From my experience one is well advised not to pursue building up the panel to fit, given a number of inherent vagaries. Would be a quite a time consuming task in the best case.

• Like 1

I agree with @drdoom I think once the panel is in you won't notice it.

Use the infill piece that Lotus Cars seem to have added during production of the S2. The gap will certainly disappear into the darkness.

Take care when fitting the door seal and I'm sure this will make up for some of the difference.

Edited by Fridge

15 hours ago, Fridge said:

I agree with @drdoom I think once the panel is in you won't notice it.

Use the infill piece that Lotus Cars seem to have added during production of the S2. The gap will certainly disappear into the darkness.

Take care when fitting the door seal and I'm sure this will make up for some of the difference.

Yes , that sounds like a plan . The door seals are in , but the in fill fits under it .