Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Type 131 - The Rumour Mill - Page 3 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Type 131 - The Rumour Mill

Bibs

3 hours ago, Karl M Roberts said:

eir parts bin? AMG 500-600 BHP

There isn’t such an engine at amg unless you take the v8 which doesn’t seem an option.

4cyl up to 400bhp, after that either they pick another engine manufacturer or maybe they try to push the 3.0l 6cyl in line to 500bhp by changing ÉCU/supercharger/Turbo.

On 22/01/2021 at 03:29, electro_boy said:

Oh I was hoping Lotus might be able to use Merc engines.  Geely has a stake in Daimler if I'm not mistaken?  I would have thought Mercedes engines would have been a better fit for Lotus rather than the Volvo engines that many people were speculating.  But then it is a Lotus tradition of taking a very average engine and making sound and feel great, so I'm sure even with a Volvo engine the car will be great.

The extra tech to bring into line with German cars I think was inevitable if Lotus want to go for mass market.  Hopefully they are smart about what features they choose and how they integrate them in.  If they can implement them in away so that for people who prefer basics are agnostic to the tech and its almost hidden away running in the back then that shouldn't upset too many people.  But then cameras, sensors and wires all have weight so you don't want them there if you are not using them.   hmm thats gonna be a tricky one to get right, fingers crossed they get it right.

Uh the AMG 4 cyl is probably out of the equation as the deal between Geely and Daimler was signed way after the development team froze the spec. Beside Volvo has a very potent 4cyl that does fit the need for a lightweight mild hybrid (48v battery) sport cars and also a PHEV (the SUV), and has it come from within the group there is no license fee to pay and  dealership staff can easily be trained to service it.

• Like 1

Pfff They are not and I mean not messing around... That car, under the wraps, looks sleek tiny and light I wonder if it is a scale model, definitely Elige class if it is the real thing. That change in global footprint is mighty.

And in a huge nod to the Type 116 they put up a sculpture based on the sills!  Wicked....... :)

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

It seems to share the nostrils feature of the Evija. There’s also a protrusion ahead of the rear wheel arch where the fuel filler would be on an Evora: air intake, charging point, filler flap open? Finally, like the Evija, there aren’t any wing mirrors...

PS: the colour of the Evija door doesn’t seem to match the rest of the car!

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight

• Gold FFM
On 16/02/2021 at 09:02, Arregueti said:

Sherlock was off duty, so he asked me to try...

Wishful thinking but there seems to be only one car on the charger... Looks like the logo on the truck has been blurred intentionally, too.

I'm going with emoticon as far as the truck logo goes.

I am not sure if that sort of fits with all the other names that Lotus has had? Sort of like Decepticon.

• Haha 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Followed the reveal of the McLaren Artura closely. Good specs, and technically very well implemented. Performance figures are impressive. Something of the Evija in the styling and all very Lotus overall I thought. The most mature Mac yet. £185k is presumably well above the top spec131, but if Lotus can achieve 80-85% of the performance for 60% of the cost they will have a winner. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ramjet said:

I'm going with emoticon as far as the truck logo goes.

I am not sure if that sort of fits with all the other names that Lotus has had? Sort of like Decepticon.

Emoticon would go with the times.  In all honesty, that picture looks treated to me. I hope we don't end up in Decepticon.

6 hours ago, cobwatch said:

Followed the reveal of the McLaren Artura closely. Good specs, and technically very well implemented. Performance figures are impressive. Something of the Evija in the styling and all very Lotus overall I thought. The most mature Mac yet. £185k is presumably well above the top spec131, but if Lotus can achieve 80-85% of the performance for 60% of the cost they will have a winner. 

McLaren definitely poached pages of the playbook and a lot more than that when they started their road division.  The tech spec of that Artura is very impressive.  The design leaves me a bit cold as most of the work is in the detail but the overall look is an evolution on 570S. Still the implementation is very McLaren, clinical, beautiful but somewhat devoid of passion.  And yes should Type 131 be in the price bracket mentioned and well executed. it should represent 95% of the value at a fraction of the cost.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NedaSay said:

McLaren definitely poached pages of the playbook and a lot more than that when they started their road division.  The tech spec of that Artura is very impressive.  The design leaves me a bit cold as most of the work is in the detail but the overall look is an evolution on 570S. Still the implementation is very McLaren, clinical, beautiful but somewhat devoid of passion.  And yes should Type 131 be in the price bracket mentioned and well executed. it should represent 95% of the value at a fraction of the cost.

I wonder if Lotus may be a little frustrated, pipped to the post here...The most impressive aspect of the Artura for me is the DIN weight. The styling is good, nice and coherent and a much better evolution of the Mac style and all the better for not having a big wing hanging off the back. McLaren will certainly produce a simpler, lighter version with standard doors and try to spoil the Type 131 show. The 120 degree V6 is a good call. I immediately thought, reviewing the specs...damn and blast it, this could well ape very closely a modern interpretation of the Esprit. You can be sure Lotus engineers were examining every detail. Clinical, and not passionate? Could be. I have no doubt Lotus will bring the magic.

• Like 1