Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Spy Who Loved Me Esprit S1 Scalextric Car - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Spy Who Loved Me Esprit S1 Scalextric Car

tomcattom

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I had heard Scalextric were thinking of doing a V8 Esprit too but the damn thing kept stopping around the track and proved too expensive to tool right.

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Looks like a the S1 is slated for release in the Summer and the JPS S2 in the Autumn.

I wonder if the FYEO or Essex turbos are going to follow in the not too distant future too?

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Looks decent but I’m sure they could’ve done a better job with the front bumper design! The rear lip spoiler looks a bit lacking in the pic shown too. Pity when you look at the detail of the wheels, and the body generally…..but overall nice to see😎

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

That might not be the final render. The JPS car picture wasn't very good when first announced back in January last year, but a subsequent release of an updated image later in the year looked much better, so hopefully the inaccuracies on this will be addressed before release later this year. Either way it's nice to be able to add another Esprit to my Scalextric collection :)

• Like 1

Did you watch the series about Hornby? They own Scalextric - it showed how the designers make the models and the lengths they go to to get the accuracy right. Indeed they made a model of a Formula E car and used the actual design drawings of the real car to make the model. 

• Like 1
Dave - 2000 Sport 350

1 hour ago, oneshot said:

Did you watch the series about Hornby? They own Scalextric - it showed how the designers make the models and the lengths they go to to get the accuracy right. Indeed they made a model of a Formula E car and used the actual design drawings of the real car to make the model. 

Great series actually Dave as it included Airfix as well as Hornby and Scalextric. If anyone is interested you can see the episodes here for free (you may to register, but nothing to pay and no auto opt-in to advertising):   https://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/hornby-a-model-world/watch-online/6284300923001

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 6 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Only took 19 months of waiting, but the S1 has finally surfaced - sorry I couldn't resist 😆

PXL_20220722_125120527.thumb.jpg.361d42a1dc920c5eb446f8cc24a44550.jpg

PXL_20220722_125212319.thumb.jpg.be6c1ea4c3b1ef2a49b0d41d20e57b29.jpg

Not quite sure what's going on with the binnacle cover colour though.... 😕

PXL_20220722_125143375.thumb.jpg.185ab49d194e716e981edc0b1791eae8.jpg

Overall when you consider it's only a slot car toy and not a diecast collectible, it's a pretty nice model in my opinion and I'm more than happy with it. Need to break out the track and test it now. Fortunately there are no small/flimsy detail parts that are at risk of breaking off I run it on track and crash.

Hopefully the S2 JPS I ordered at the same time isn't too far behind it either 🤞

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

It'll sink well @Fridge, but I'm not sure that makes it a submarine 😆

The S2 JPS model has arrived now too.

PXL_20220916_135955133.thumb.jpg.47f14eec713fe3d1dc551daa5eb8fcb3.jpg

PXL_20220916_140009969.thumb.jpg.20c89a2ef3b470e3be6d66890133adeb.jpg

PXL_20220916_140030811.thumb.jpg.3523e159294b0185696eee2705003307.jpg

Just the FYEO Turbo still to arrive. Currently slated for release this Autumn.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • Gold FFM

It does appear that way, but the Scalextric website definitely has it listed as an S1 racer @obi-nu

https://uk.scalextric.com/products/lotus-esprit-s1-silverstone-1981-gerry-marshall-c4352

• Gold FFM

Having done a bit of searching it does appear the Gerry Marshall had a turbo so it seems the model is correct but the title is wrong.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tomcattom said:

It does appear that way, but the Scalextric website definitely has it listed as an S1 racer @obi-nu

https://uk.scalextric.com/products/lotus-esprit-s1-silverstone-1981-gerry-marshall-c4352

It could of been a modified S1 as was common in the 80s I suppose, but as you say, looks like his was an early Turbo (with an interesting background).🙂👍