Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 201 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

11 hours ago, ramjet said:

So now my grandson and his unvaccinated father have both tested positive. Isolating at his fathers home (2 other adults and three other children. All positive) and Logan will miss the first few days of school next week. I wonder if the father will still think it is fake after this?

Blimey that household has got almost as many positive CV cases as the whole of New Zealand!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Spoke to Logan tonight and he seems pretty good so hopefully it is as bad as he will get. Laughing and being a dork on the phone with his mum so can't be all that unwell.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

16 hours ago, ramjet said:

Is it just me or is this missing a piece of information?

How many of these people would have been admitted to hospital if they had NOT caught Covid? i.e. Covid was a contributing factor to cause a hospitalisation.

Statistics.

The difference is that if there was no covid some of them would have been admitted, however there wouldn't have been a surge in hospitalisations without covid. What caused the surge in hospitalisations if it wasn't covid, and why did it tie up exactly with the surge in cases from omicron ? If hospitalisations had not risen then your point would be completely correct.

6 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Blimey that household has got almost as many positive CV cases as the whole of New Zealand!

For now! NZ will have a COVID wave at some point - there is no way around it

• Like 1

Right now, the Danish Primemininster announced that all restrictions are lifted from 1'st of February 2022.

Hurray!!!

And I am now home with covid.

Kind regards.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

That's fantastic news for me too @Jacques as me, my wife, and son, will finally get to the concert in Copenhagen this March, that we treated him to for his birthday 2 years ago!!!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

You'll probably need to bring a fresh pcr test when arriving. Likewise if one needs to visit a nursing home and at hospitals.

May I ask what koncert? (I'll try to make some wheelspin outside, then ;)

Kind regards,

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Sweating it out as we're scheduled to see the Rocket Man himself on Sunday (rescheduled from 2020) though announced earlier this week he tested positive and canceled two shows this week. Our show and one before are not yet canceled, so hopefully he was positive last week and out of quarantine soon! 🤞

• Gold FFM

Well in case you have not heard yet, there is now a variant from Omicron. It is more contagious than Omicron, but less severe in symptoms. Apparently, RAT tests cannot pick it up. It is spreading across Europe and is now in Australia. How it got here? No idea.

My daughter, who works in a Covid clinic just told us that there is also another variant coming out of China by the looks of things. No other details and I can't find anything online so not sure where Alicia got the info from.

This is going to go on for a long time.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

On 26/01/2022 at 18:28, Jacques said:

You'll probably need to bring a fresh pcr test when arriving. Likewise if one needs to visit a nursing home and at hospitals.

May I ask what koncert? (I'll try to make some wheelspin outside, then ;)

Kind regards,

Jacques

Hans Zimmer.  My son is a huge film and music fan and loves the film scores etc.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

14 hours ago, ramjet said:

Well in case you have not heard yet, there is now a variant from Omicron. It is more contagious than Omicron, but less severe in symptoms. Apparently, RAT tests cannot pick it up. It is spreading across Europe and is now in Australia. How it got here? No idea.

My daughter, who works in a Covid clinic just told us that there is also another variant coming out of China by the looks of things. No other details and I can't find anything online so not sure where Alicia got the info from.

This is going to go on for a long time.

Omicron BA2 has been around for a while (late December) and is thought to be slightly more contagious that BA1. Lateral flow tests will detect both strains, but because it doesn't have the S gene deletion it is harder to distinguish from delta on the PCR test compared to BA1. It will however still give a +ve PCR. It is not considered more virulent from data from Denmark where it is considerably more prevalent (40% of cases). Because of the rapid spread of BA1 in the UK it is very unlikely that BA2 will be a problem.

There will be new variants on a daily basis, but it will take some monster mutation to overwhelm omicron.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

My mention of it above was after the first News report of it being here.

• Gold FFM

Danny’s girlfriend tested positive this Thursday. Her whole family have now tested positive. They have all been fully vaccinated since her parents have both had cancer.

Her driving test was scheduled for Monday - and even though when driving instructors cancel you get a new appointment - she’s now lost her slot and money since they won’t rearrange. You’ve gotta love the establishment and it’s foibles.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Surely in these circumstances, the money is either refundable or there for when she can rebook?

I'b be asking some questions.

• Gold FFM

You would think so @ramjet but sadly that’s not how it works - the whole driving test fiasco in the uk over covid has been a joke. I’m sure @mayevora would elaborate.

Only here once

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

You would think so @ramjet but sadly that’s not how it works - the whole driving test fiasco in the uk over covid has been a joke. I’m sure @mayevora would elaborate.

Barry she shouldn’t lose her Test fee. Even if she telephoned the Test Centre 1 hour before her Practicle Test was due to happen to inform them of positive Covid Test she will get a refund. (Pre Covid it was 6 days notice not to lose your test fee) Remember the supervising Examiners would rather get a late cancellation than risk catching it and them then going off sick effecting 100’s of subsequent tests. I’ve had a few and they get refunded.

What they won’t do is give her another short notice test time/date. Standard waiting lists Nationally right now extend towards the end of May at most test centres. There is a great App called Testi (£10 from memory) that will notify her of any short cancellations that become available and there will be loads. If she can’t get another test date within 2 weeks of downloading the App I’d be surprised.

• Thanks 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, mayevora said:

There is a great App called Testi (£10 from memory) that will notify her of any short cancellations that become available and there will be loads.

Ahh thanks - but they use “driving test now” and that allows auto booking so it does all the rescheduling for you. Think it’s £15. Someone somewhere is making a fortune out of these apps.

she cancelled due to sickness on the portal - so sounds like she needs to contact them and explain the covid issue.

• Like 1

Only here once

2 hours ago, windymiller said:

daughter tested positive this morning but had her second jab on saturday weirdly, rest of us are negative at mo and raisa just has a high temp at mo so the kung flu still spreading especially via schools

She caught it before the second vaccination so it was too late for the vaccine to help. Even though omicron has a slightly shorter incubation than delta, she probably caught it on Wednesday / Thursday last week

Edited by gregs24
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, windymiller said:

daughter tested positive this morning but had her second jab on saturday weirdly, rest of us are negative at mo and raisa just has a high temp at mo so the kung flu still spreading especially via schools

Snap!

Our daughter tested positive this morning but this one lives 250miles away in S. Wales so little chance of passing it on to us😉

Your point re schools rings true here though. She has 2 sons at school and is a self employed child minder so it was probably only a matter of time before the inevitable🤔