Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 106 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM

Brilliant- bring the country to its knees once more - for what?

you would think we have an outbreak of Ebola - not something with a 99% survival rate

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I was concerned back in feb - now I think it’s a full on piss take frankly. Hype, fear, scaremongering, drowning folks in debt, complete lack of help all while mandating what folks should do.

The government has got this massively wrong. None of the lockdown has worked - massive spikes - not huge death rates. It’s utterly out of kilter with sense.

if you are fat and vulnerable then you can chose to stay at home. Me - fuck it I’d rather crack on. We were locked down a few weeks ago as my eldest tested positive for it. Absolutely no precautions taken at home following this - we all ate together, played games, watched films together etc. No deaths to be reported - and none of us tested positive for covid either!! 

• Like 1

Only here once

39 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

enough is enough. We need a fight back. We should be banning all Chinese imports now with immediate effect and ramp up manufacturing in this country 

Exactly that👍
If these figures are true (which I doubt very much) then China are now set up to profit from the virus that they allowed to be spread around Europe and the States by allowing their people to travel the world during Dec 19 through to Feb 20.

A virus which is now crippling the economies of western nations is probably being hailed as a success by Chinese leaders.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/china/

• Like 2

The press keeps reporting on “mounting pressure” for a lockdown .. each article quoting The Times .. a giant echo chamber

I hope the public ignores the lockdown, if it does happen 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mysterae said:

@pete the whole country? 

Definitley. Boris news conference today,was at 4.00 now 5.00

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

My fear is that this will be the pattern for the foreseeable. Lockdown followed by some freedom followed by another lockdown... All the while it creates yet another gap in supply chains and when businesses do eventually reopen it’s almost impossible to get materials etc. Already our builders can’t even get enough timber!

What grates on me most is that 2 people can’t see their families, go out for a meal or to a shop with a mask on because classes of 30+ kids are still rubbing up against each other every day then going home to spread the virus freely. The majority of the population are being confined to their homes to offset the effects being created there.

I think ultimately people will simply rebel against the lockdowns if they see that (a) it’s not being applied equally and (b) it’s not working long term anyway.

That’s aside of course from the financial impacts on individuals and the number of small businesses that simply won’t be able to survive.

• Like 2

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Question please Mr PM, will I be able to share a dingy with someone outside of my household, or shall I just form a bubble?

• Haha 1

Dave.

On 30/10/2020 at 23:54, Barrykearley said:

Brilliant- bring the country to its knees once more - for what?

you would think we have an outbreak of Ebola - not something with a 99% survival rate

According to the WHO, a 99.7% survival rate.

18 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

If everyone In the world stayed at home for 1 month, would it wipe out the virus globally?

No. Lockdowns only slow the spread of the virus, they don’t wipe it out. The virus is now endemic - we simply have to live with it. Viruses that become endemic tend to become less virulent over time.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, rjwooll said:

According to the WHO, a 99.7% survival rate

And right there is the issue. Why is the response from the government so extreme. In fact why are responses from nearly all governments so extreme?

None of this makes sense - it’s the biggest con trick of the 21st century.

however - people are conforming - governments are sneaking draconian laws through. Liberties are being eroded. 

This is whats pissing me off most currently, maybe it’s PTSD from surviving a close CV19 exposure. In my forced 2 weeks off work - the covid nhs calls told me to apply for the £500 isolation payment. Nope refused - so two weeks work and cash lost. My neighbour - a couple with many kids - none of whom work - benefits cap of £2k a month. Now if they have to isolate - they get £500 each. Yep - no benefits affected - but a free £1000 for them. Anyone still wondering why the huge swathes of unemployment areas are testing so highly.

• Like 2

Only here once