Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 109 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

14 hours ago, eeyoreish said:

So today my Dad had his knee replacement op postponed again indefinitely because the NHS is still holding onto all beds in private hospitals, which they were supposed to release in October. 

It’s a sorry state of affairs when someone who has worked all his life and is willing to fund the surgery himself privately, still can’t get it done because the NHS is preventing the private sector doing it. 

My Dad has Parkinson’s and being unable to exercise because of his knee is only going to make that worse. Besides the physical pain, he and my Mum are totally distraught that he now faces more months of pain with no clue when he might be able to get it done.

Something is very wrong here when the hardworking people of this nation are simply pushed aside, despite what we might hear on the news.

My sympathies to your father, but I'm not sure that this is the full story. My mother in law had an operation postponed during the initial lockdown, but has now had this done on the NHS in a private hospital. I think what the actual position is that the private hospitals are being used to boost capacity which is prioritised on a clinical need basis. So rather than simply preventing private hospitals from performing operations they are trying to ensure that the nations entire capacity is used in a priority order.

Appreciate this wont help, but perhaps puts a slightly different lens on it. I think as a nation, using capacity for a non life threatening operation in place of a life threatening one, regardless of who is paying would not be the right thing to do.

I hope the situation improves and your father can get the op done soon (I do appreciate the effect it has and the difference in life quality that it makes as my mother had her knee replaced last year - even the lockdown saw her progress go backwards when she couldn't exercise the knee post op).

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

@Colin P sadly it’s very clear that we have wards empty, nurses and doctors doing nothing and patient treatments not going ahead. This is the tragedy and it’s not being talked about. The only focus is on the future problem rather than dealing with the here and now. 

Only here once

1 hour ago, Buddsy said:

I heard Boris during his address say "we need to protect the NHS as the NHS has always been there for us". I just thought well it hasn’t been since Feb for anyone who has had their life saving care cancelled. 

The NHS is a very emotive subject. You dare say anything bad about it or the nurses and you get crucified. Boris uses this very fact to get people to make choices based on emotion rather than fact.

The same tactic has been used with the face muzzles...it’s not about you it’s about other people. "What you don’t care if you infect granny and she dies."

buddsy

The NHS is hugely mismanaged, that's where a lot of money is wasted, Piss poor top heavy mangers, in unaccountable positions. The Nurses and Doctors do a fantastic job, but there are plenty of management taking the piss. Just chucking money at it is will not fix any issues. same as Local Government. 

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

23 minutes ago, red vtec said:

Piss poor top heavy mangers, in unaccountable positions. The Nurses and Doctors do a fantastic job

Many of those "piss poor top heavy managers" used to be clinicians - doctors, nurses and heave forbid surgeons. Please remember that. Bloody great practitioners but absolutely piss poor managers and totally untrained and ill equipped personally for the "power" roles that they aspired to.

An example, the ex CEO of my local Health Board was a nurse, then director of nursing. Ran the health board into the ground and left in disgrace (but with a very nice thank you pay off".

I worked with the NHS for 5 years.  Some wonderful people. Truly wonderful people. But bloody hell some real jumped up self obsessed know it all muppets too.

The thing that always amazed me was you'd find say an A&E unit that was truly first class. Efficient. Hit it all its key metrics and measures. Staff working incredibly hard but feeling loved, appreciated and respected etc. You'd think other A&E Units would be flooding to them to learn the key lessons and to help them to achieve the same level of excellence. The reality, well, let's just say a lot of Medical Professionals have ego's bigger than professional footballers and the "not invented here" virus is strong in them. They would rather plough on with crap morale and service metrics, then admit they could learn from someone else.  THAT it was one of the biggest issues with the NHS, and one of the reasons why it will never matter how much money you throw at it, it will never be enough.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I've heard too may people moan that their manager can't do the person's job, and so they think it means the person isn't fit to be a manager unless they can do every job of every person they manage. I'm probably with you @C8RKH that managing (at any level) does not require the person to be able to do the job of those whom they manage, it needs the person to be good at making decisions, good at understanding facts, good at delegating (not abdicating) unfortunately. All too often people think that technical ability in a role leads to management of the role.

• Like 1

I worked in a branch of public service that had so called managers and Directors who were totally useless. I see some of these move through various government funded setups including NHS as so called business consultants, when all they do in fact is sate the obvious. I also had a colleague who had worked in the NHS the setup she worked in spent 10s of thousands on some sculptor outside the front of the building. that is the waste that goes on.

• Like 1

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Gold FFM

Well it passed. Mrs May wasn’t happy though - can’t say I blame her.

so here we have it - the government has utterly misrepresented data and are now screwing up our freedoms. Must be just how the Iraqis felt after phoney Tony.

• Like 1

Only here once

Difficult to judge without any background. Could be the elderly lady is in a family dispute, could be the daughter simply removed her from a car facility yet the car facility is legally responsible for her wellbeing. List goes on, as to all valid reasons why the supposed daughter and grand-daughter shouldn't be able to remove the lady from the facility in whatever way they did it. So, if the police are returning her to the people charged with her care, then that's seemingly the right thing to do. If the people had simply gone about things the right way, I'm sure the situation would never have happened.

• Gold FFM

Sadly local authorities have acted with impunity with old and young people in recent years. It’s probably yet another example.

Only here once

14 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Well it passed. Mrs May wasn’t happy though - can’t say I blame her.

so here we have it - the government has utterly misrepresented data and are now screwing up our freedoms. Must be just how the Iraqis felt after phoney Tony.

I'm sorry, all I did was post up about the weapons of mass distruction!

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

19 hours ago, march said:

This has just been shown on national news - the reason given was that family had not been allowed to visit for 7 months, no family drama etc..

I don't get it. All they had to do was say that they want to care for her at home and stop paying.

If that was not the case then the care home is legally responsible for her and  the other residents well being especially if the intent was to take her out for a day and return her putting everyone at increased risk.

Not enough context to make any statement on the right or wrong of it.

• Like 2

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

14 hours ago, 100th_Idiot said:

I don't get it. All they had to do was say that they want to care for her at home and stop paying.

If that was not the case then the care home is legally responsible for her and  the other residents well being especially if the intent was to take her out for a day and return her putting everyone at increased risk.

Not enough context to make any statement on the right or wrong of it.

Look, I have seen criticism of the Police and care home here. The responsibility for this whole situation was the Daughter of the lady in the care home. Being callus and ignoring the relationships issues here (which you have to do) Police were called to the reports of an assault at the home after she got violent because the care home had refused hand to hand contact with her mother. As the Police were on the way this then became a kidnapping. The care home had legal responsibility for the lady in care, not the family. By Law the Police had absolutely no choice but to take her away and return her to the home.

1. The family had signed over legal responsibility due to varied health issues they couldn't cope with at the time. late onset Dementia included
2. They could apply to the Council to care for her at home and resume legal responsiility but they didn't
3. Though the Daughter had Assaulted someone and illegally removed her mother from her legal carers she was de-arrested shortly after
4. I understand their issue is with not being allowed contact with their mother during lockdown1 or 2, whereas other care homes have built outside rooms etc. Well, they could maybe pay for her to be moved to a better care home? Or re-apply to take control of her care 24/7 at home.??

Once again this was handled very well and with extreme care by the Police and people have only commented due to sensationalism journalism. "Woman arrested for taking mum, 97, from care home" doesn't really explain the correct situation. Maybe "Woman Assaults Care staff and removes 97 year old from legal carers" would have been a more realistic headline.

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

@C8RKHWhistleblowers aren’t needed, this is a report based upon a statement from the CEO of Ipswich & Colchester Hospitals.

In summary 75 in hospital with Covid at Colchester with 4 in ICU, whilst just 7 with Covid at Ipswich (0 in ICU)

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/ipswich-and-colchester-hospital-coronavirus-patients-1-6917808

Clearly there are some large regional variations but how would you prevent people from Manchester, for example, coming to East Suffolk coastal towns to escape the crisis in their area. This is what happened here back in March, the area had a very low number of cases until Londoners started to arrive in their masses to use their second homes. In Southwold over 60% of residential properties are only used for part of the year.

Looks like we will soon be able to get on with our lives!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54873105

Covid vaccine: First vaccine offers 90% protection

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After the £60bn we've spent "protecting" people from it I'll be bloody gutted if 90% haven't got it/had it!

The small print.