Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 37 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

One upside to the NHS being flat out with 'important' stuff - just been to pick up meds for my Mother in Law, even in a large village practice in the middle of no where you can't usually find anywhere to park, car park virtually empty and had to press an intercom button - (used my shirt so as not to touch it with my finger!) and they bought them to a window.

Given the funding pressure on the NHS, when this is all over, why do we have to go back to the way it was before? Are all the people who spend their lives cluttering up Doctors clinics still coping? I appreciate that there a many people out there with long standing conditions who need support, but there are HUGE numbers who don't need to be there at all.

If this isn't the biggest bloody wake up call ever then I don't know what is. Will we learn from it I wonder...........

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

6 minutes ago, oilmagnet477 said:

If this isn't the biggest bloody wake up call ever then I don't know what is. Will we learn from it I wonder...........

Well, when the first Lemming got to the cliff edge and jumped off and got splattered on the rocks below. The other Lemmings just looked at it, went, "Ooooh", and then started to jump off one by one.

I think the average person, when it comes to big wake up calls, is even "dummer" than a Lemming. So will we learn. Absolutely, not. For the "master species" on the planet we're one set of complete needy numbfooks!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

If Dyson makes truly working  at a fair price they deserve kudos, but past experience is their gee-whiz marketing inventions come at a dear price. That so-called blade-less venturi fan is driven by a real fan in the base and my $19 fan from Walmart runs circles around it. (quiet too)

The Emperors new clothes !!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, comem47 said:

If Dyson makes truly working  at a fair price they deserve kudos, but past experience is their gee-whiz marketing inventions come at a dear price. That so-called blade-less venturi fan is driven by a real fan in the base and my $19 fan from Walmart runs circles around it. (quiet too)

The Emperors new clothes !!!

You know this is everything that is bad with the internet - why the negative waves, just celebrate man....

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Yeah, I guess if someone is stupid enough to blow big bucks for a gimmick, it's their business

"there's a sucker born every minute" -P.T Barnum..

Yup, just look at Apple sales, looks like there are millions of suckers out there....

However, I thought we were talking about Dyson's fast response to ventilators, not their fans.

The small print.

like I originally said, kudos to them if they supply ventilators at a fair price. All things equal (performance) The hospitals and Gov would prefer lots more "$19 "fans" than fewer "$300 fans". Taxpayers will end up paying for the fluff factor.

You've lost me. 

The small print.

Totally agree about "Big Pharma". If Dyson are going to be charitable or at cost, then GREAT. Know that there are many companies working with the original Ventilator company to manufacture more of their product. One is the GM Delco plant here in Rochester NY. Many others are out there. No redesign is necessary (just stamp them out) ,but if Dyson designs a better mousetrap off to the side even better.

• Gold FFM

Gtech look to have made one which runs off the oxygen supply - so no other mains supply  or batteries required

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Fantastic - finally some decent recognition to the folks whom really deserve it.

in other news certain other webpages are offering premium services for free 🤭

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Here is stupid for you.

My son is working as a grad nurse. All qualified and going well.

My daughter has finished her last placement today. The Institution she is doing her course through (but I won't name THE GORDON in Geelong) have said that the graduating nurses can not get their transcripts for another month and then they still have to go through a registration with the body in the country that registers all health care workers. Most of these students have basically passed their course prior to this last placement. So why haven't the powers that be in the Institution prioritised these certificates?

Probably too busy doing the ones for Hairdressing because H comes before N. Alicia has two places she has done placements that want her now. Gotta love bureaucracy.

• Sad 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

So, the Virus was obviously designed by a woman as c50% more of the CV19 deaths are men (2.8% v 1.7  %).

Smokers do seem more at risk too.

Be careful out there guys.

The small print.

• Gold FFM

And I found out from Alicia a short while ago that The DEAKIN university has suspended issuing any certificates or degrees until they work out which ones are the priorities. :shock:

Here, I'll give them a clue, but don't tell anyone else. :coffee:

BLOODY DOCTORS AND NURSES YA BUNCH OF IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

Oh and VIROLOGISTS AND EPIDEMIOLOGISTS.

'cos if you don't there may be a growing need for geologists.........

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Here in the uk it’s completely different. As I understand it final year students are being whipped straight to the front line to help in the battle.

hopefully after all this people will have a bit more appreciation for the “keyworkers” many of whom are paid a pittance and utterly taken for granted. 

• Like 1

Only here once

I work for one of the largest disability charity , I look after 70 nursing and care home across the north 

keyworkers in my charity do get paid just above national wage levels and I look at what they are asked to do , dealing with people with many complex nursing needs that NHS can’t cope with, made worse by the massive cutbacks in local government spending and NHS funding.

i wonder if finally NHS and Social care sector will get the proper funding and not the issue being kicked into long grass under the banner of policy review which never gets started or completed ? I could go on but yesterday was emotional that people took time to show their appreciation but the frustration that my staff still work under difficult financial and practical constraints. Thank you everyone who showed their love 👍🏻

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I received this a few minutes ago from a local firm Gtech whom have been featured regarding design and manufacture of a ventilator. Im stunned.

54C3C07E-4979-41F2-A256-965467659E7A.thumb.png.ce14b434002497993afecb3ee839d37f.png

Only here once

2 hours ago, Cdm2018 said:

i wonder if finally NHS and Social care sector will get the proper funding

I'm not hoping to start a bun fight here, especially given the circumstances, but I would argue for the NHS, it is not JUST about funding - there is a huge amount of inefficiency and cronyism in the NHS that means a lot, and I mean a lot, of the budget is wasted/squandered or not used wisely. It is too easy for people to say we need to throw more money at it and it will be all OK. It won't, as the more you throw at it, then the more as a percentage gets wasted/squandered if you don;t address these issues.

The impact of this wasted/squandered money is felt by the people who are on the front line. It directly harms them, limits their ability to do the best job, and probably drives them into an early grave!

So please, the answer is not throw more money at it. The answer is to throw more money and resources to sort out the shit and drive efficiency and outcomes.

• Like 2

The small print.