Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 59 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Perfectly agree that it will be higher in winter - which therefore includes the end of 2020 and not just the beginning.

However, unless I'm missing it, that link doesn't identify the figures of 22,854 for 1Q 2020? 

Can you kindly confirm where that figure came from?

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

.  What is the real harm in say @Buddsy and his partner or one of his kids going out for a walk "in nature" locally and practising social distancing as per the rules?

@Buddsy is a naturist 😱

• Like 1

Only here once

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

No. If everyone ONLY went out once a day for exercise, either on their own or with someone from the same household, and if during that exercise they stayed at least 2 metres away from other people/pairs, then everyone would be complying with the lockdown would they not?

What is the real harm in say @Buddsy and his partner or one of his kids going out for a walk "in nature" locally and practising social distancing as per the rules?

Fine if it is done on foot from the house, but not if it requires a car journey to reach where you want to exercise. Maybe I read too much into his comments?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KAS-118 said:

Perfectly agree that it will be higher in winter - which therefore includes the end of 2020 and not just the beginning.

However, unless I'm missing it, that link doesn't identify the figures of 22,854 for 1Q 2020? 

Can you kindly confirm where that figure came from?

I think this page might have been the one you were meaning to link to? https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregisteredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisional/weekending3april2020

However, IMHO its gives a rather sobering indication of the seriousness of CV - with the table showing a massive spike from Week 13. Indeed, the fist deaths from CV are initially recorded in week 11 with just 5. By week 14 that's risen to 3,475. 

Edited by KAS-118
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM
5 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

Fine if it is done on foot from the house, but not if it requires a car journey to reach where you want to exercise. Maybe I read too much into his comments?

Is a local glory hole ok for social distancing ??

Asking for a friend 

• Haha 1

Only here once

13 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

He never mentioned anything about driving anywhere. Hence my response as I thought you were being a tad harsh to be honest without clarifying the facts - not that I would ever do that of course!

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

32 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Asking for a friend 

I was going to suggest that there would be a screen that prevents coughs and sneezes etc from going directly from one person to another but there might be other implications for mucus that we'd better not discuss for fear of going slightly even further off-track, let alone lowering the tone.

Thanks - just to get all the 'Charts' together I'll add this one here to https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregisteredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisional/weekending3april2020

The point of concern/alarm though is the rapid increase in deaths due to CV, and this is after the lock-down (although admittedly that will take time to work its way through).

Within the space of a couple of weeks CV went from being connected with less than 1% to over 15% of the deaths ☹️

Yes if you take your dog 🧐

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Asking for a friend 

Yes if you take your dog

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

All the best for your Dad (he must be able to withstand a lot, having worked at Lotus in very difficult times, let alone leading it at others) wishing him a speedy recovery, and thoughts with you all, as you may be worrying. Just remember it's high risk, and lots of people in high risk groups cope with CV well.

• Gold FFM
On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 19:08, johnpwalsh said:

Michael. In a word. SHITE. About to start week 6 of a 4 week trip. And the latest we have heard is we may get off here in bloody June. Excuse the following, but. If those selfish pricks we see on various sites that we get some access aren't shot or at least bloody jailed for cavorting about, beach parties, house parties, whatever. Then there are hundreds of guys stuck away from home and not being helped by these selfish ignorant B++++++s. I have a 96 year old mother in lockdown in a nursing home who has 5 kids who always visit. Now she cant even get a messaged passed through a window. I have a wife in 12 weeks isolation as she is high risk due to recurring pneumonia and pleurisy with mild COPD who now cant get to the shops and is having to rely on neighbors and a fantastic community association in the village.  Please feel free to kick as on my behalf, you can even say its from me by name.

Other than that, I'm fine Michael. Hope you and the Mrs are well clear.

Sorry. Rant over.

Update. About to start week 9. And still those selfish ferkers are parading about at home as if nothing going on. One local to my home even had a pool party. Glad to say she has been arrested and is going to court. Bring it on and get more of them.

Please just shoot the selfish Bs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, andydclements said:

lowering the tone

Did someone want the tone lowered? How can I help?

image.png.2f35e216c04dcf3aed2ec344b407b852.png

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

41 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Just to let you know MJK isn't very well at present. He's high risk with his chest issues and today his doctor has told him he thinks he has it.

Sadly, with no testing facilities for General Public he's just at home on total rest. Sure you'll send him wishes.

Very sorry to hear of this ☹️ - and I wish him a speedy recovery 

1 hour ago, Kimbers said:

Just to let you know MJK isn't very well at present. He's high risk with his chest issues and today his doctor has told him he thinks he has it.

Sadly, with no testing facilities for General Public he's just at home on total rest. Sure you'll send him wishes.

Sorry to hear this, wishing him all the best.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Wish MJK all the best Tony from me will you mate, and from all his mates over on LEC too.

Dave.