Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Radford Motors + Lotus - Page 5 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Radford Motors + Lotus

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It looks great, but appears to have around 2inches of ground clearance at the front, less that the 72 F1 car....and it's not even the long front splitter version.

Checked the website: "A hydraulic front lift system is optional, designed to raise the Type 62-2’s nose over speed bumps and uneven roads." - Not really "optional" if you intend to get it out of your driveway I'd suggest.

But it does look nice.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@jepI don't think you're supposed to understand a supercar. It exists because it can. 😉
I think the classic looks are very much a plus, but the rear view cameras etc seem out of place on a pure driving machine.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

I agree it would have been even better toned down a bit and at a more reasonable price level.

But I'm sure there's a market for expensive and exclusive.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Top Gear were going to drive it 120 miles to another location. They declined after this initial test, not wanting to drive it that far.

Given Jenson claims it is set up as a road car, that says it all.

I wish them well but it just doesn't add up. 

Justin 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow how much downforce has that beauty got?

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• 2 weeks later...

I dispute his claim that racing brought disc brakes and seatbelts to road car production. Disc brakes were developed for various forms of transport before WWII and most racing cars were devoid of seatbelts long after they had already been introduced by a number of road car manufacturers. It was considered safer to be thrown clear of an accident than being strapped in. They have only been compulsory in F1 since 1972!

IIRC it was Volvo that developed and introduced the seatbelt as we know it. They got a patent for it, and then allowed all other manufacturers to use the same type, because it would benefit safety.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

This bespoke commission project of the Radford Type 62-2 was unveiled at Monterey Car Week in August. It's the creation of the car's owner Shashi Reddy (founder of  mobile accessories brand Case-Mate). Pics via Radford

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)