Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LIVE Lotus Emira Launch - Page 6 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LIVE Lotus Emira Launch

Bibs

3 minutes ago, ramjet said:

Wow. I would not normally allow myself to get drawn into something like this.

Please read carefully.

You made the claim of there being lies. The onus of proof falls squarely on your shoulders.

I get the intent. There was some blatant, slightly scripted obsequiousness to it all.

Or maybe it really is THAT good :)

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

[replying to ramjet] I'm sure you don't believe for one second that the presenter is really going to buy an Emira. She even contradicts this later in the video. You're turning a small point into a big deal. I thought the presenters were insincere (as most tend to be). Really not a big deal. Or interesting for anyone else to read about. For everyone else's sake, time to let it go.

Edited by jimichanga
  • Like 1

I, too, was on the video wall which was a privilege. 

To be honest, I didn't think the looks are stunning as the Esprit was in its time but, there again, I can't think when  there was a car which blew me out of the water with its looks since the Esprit except, perhaps, the Aston Vanquish.

I thought the event was the reveal rather than the launch as the car is not yet in production so it's too early for definite pricing, performance figures and final driving impressions.  It was more to raise interest and avoid the need to run camoflaged prototypes anymore.  So there were never going to be any big surprises.  Rather it was going to confirm some rumours and quash others.  I think it achieved those objectives and was well done and the weather changing from pouring rain to rainbows and sunshine when the car was fully revealed (there were shots of its outline on the dash, some of the cars in the manufacturing area looked like they could have been partly-assembled Emiras) just added to the drama.

Well done, Lotus.

• Like 1

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I think some of us may have been too hard on the styling, complaining that it looks like a Ferrari.  It may do so, but the Gerrari is over twice the price!  Makes the Emira look like a bargain.

Harry Metcalfe mentioned on Instagram that he has ordered one and that Lotus has taken 2000 orders.  I wonder whether that's orders or deposits?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

1 hour ago, USAndretti42 said:

I think some of us may have been too hard on the styling, complaining that it looks like a Ferrari.  It may do so, but the Gerrari is over twice the price!  Makes the Emira look like a bargain.

Harry Metcalfe mentioned on Instagram that he has ordered one and that Lotus has taken 2000 orders.  I wonder whether that's orders or deposits?

It must be deposits as no Order Books are open for a few months still.

• Like 1

Yep, depostis. That is JUST the UK, by the way,. China figures may come out soon, then you have the rest of Europe and the Americas.

2 shifts now, so that is circa 9000 cars meaning 1320 UK deliveries.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM

As an aside @Bibs, how many new members has TLF had register since the launch?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)