Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The "this is my spec" thread... - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The "this is my spec" thread...

DaveC72

• Gold FFM

Having woken up like a child on Chrimbo morning, I've been sat here thinking of what spec I will be considering, again.

Admittedly, this will be all speculation until this evening but..

At the moment, I can't get much past the engine - I'm almost certainly going for the i4 with the DCT.  My Lotus posters in the late 70s and early 80s were all 4-pots, so if it was good enough for the Esprit, then I'm bang-tiddily with that.

Minimal toys/ infotainment

Some kind of performance pack, if it's on offer

More road focused than track, so if there are tyre/ suspensions choices they'll be biased that way

Other than that... I'm not really sure.

Colour... err, probably another Tango Orange if I'm honest... but I've always loved Nightfall Blue

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

I wonder if there will be an option for active aero or whether it may be on the car standard?

I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere that I recall?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I think sometimes less is more

deposit on an i4, which I assume will dodge the "fully loaded" launch spec

Will probably be too early for a "sports suspension" option (if one is needed); probably just go for the best seats on offer

I believe I heard that the 4-cyl run comes a bit later so you might have to wait a bit. Might just be part of the rumour mill.

My Specs:

V6 - everything added, everything possible in terms of lux, comfort, sport , whatever. All carbon oprions. Also, I want it in that green and yellow heritage livery which might add 6 months to it so I will be going stir crazy waiting.

V4 - Everything removed, no infotainment, nish, nada, nought. If there is a rear wing, suspension, roll cage, harness and other sports settings then will get those. I want this one in Black and Gold JPS style but might have to go with a standard colour as it might be 2023 until I actually get these cars.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Ooh, anybody know if the onsite Configurator will include the Emira from tonight?

That will be damn exciting.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

No orange or nightfall blue, so Yellow it is... no black pack.

I'm informed the full specifications and options will be available at Goodwood.

23 hours ago, Woodman said:

V6 for me, we are consigned to automatic or no gearbox cars going forwards so it has to be a manual and thats only on the V6. 

The configurator indicates you can get the I4 in manual. Not sure if that’s accurate though. 

1 hour ago, Wake said:

The configurator indicates you can get the I4 in manual. Not sure if that’s accurate though. 

Yeah, believe that is an oversight.

The 'Black Pack; shown is nothing of the sort.

Still, this might be a Phase 1 early configurator.  Well, we know it is, but hoping they add to it before we start looking at builds as I fancy some carbon and other tweaks.

It's almost certainly an interim configurator.

There are no stereo options, seat options (4way vs 12way mentioned), Driver Pack, Touring Pack etc.

It's currently nothing more than a visual vanity configurator.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

If there is an option for lightweight Carbon seats then that will prove popular and likely a resell must. It might knock off 30kg. Ceramic brakes,, carbon bits, alcanatra everywhere, infotainment delete and we are looking at a decent weight saving. 

11 minutes ago, Jcx said:

1405kg is in its lightest form... it gets heavier from there not lighter with trick bits.  All as i understand it 😉

Yeah, lightest in standard form BUT if these options come in then there will be some significant weight savings.

Either way, we have to think of this car differently and applaud it for being more of a daily.

Strange that black is not an option on the configurator.

It took me seeing the Blue one to go 'wow'.

On the configurator. I went from one colour to the next preferring the next one I saw.

The green looks great.  Looks really curvy in the yellow.  The red looks like a new Ferarri in the £25 Fuoco option.

All in all, my son and myself opted for the Red without the black roof and the wheels as seen on the blue car in the launch.

Inside, I really like the red leather on the doors and front fascia  but perhaps too much to have them on the seats. I might ask for the leather front section but the standard black leather seats with the coloured stitching.

From the configurator I have got as far as:

Verdent

yellow calipers

Diamond Cut wheels

Alcantara with yellow stitch

Engine? I always wondered what the V6 Exige platform would be like with a silly power 4 pot - so I'm leaning slightly that way. Question is the loss of manual shift 🤔 

5 minutes ago, PhilT said:

From the configurator I have got as far as:

Verdent

yellow calipers

Diamond Cut wheels

Alcantara with yellow stitch

Engine? I always wondered what the V6 Exige platform would be like with a silly power 4 pot - so I'm leaning slightly that way. Question is the loss of manual shift 🤔 

Yeah, that dos indeed look the nuts and that was a close 2nd choice.  It will be first choice if I can get the 'Legend' bits added.

There is still confusion over the gearboxes as we are seeing and hearing different things from different places, and official ones at that. weird.

It's a 3 way tie for between Seneca Blue, Magma Red, or Hethel Yellow.  All with tan interior, yellow calipers, and Design 1 Silver Alloys.

Lotus needs to send out paint samples to dealers ASAP!  They should've dropped the samples in expedited post on the day of the launch.

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

• Gold FFM

We don’t need to finalise colours until the autumn.  They’ll have samples before then!

We don't need to finalise anything until the autumn! 

• Like 1

I doubt  samples will help me. I want to see the liveries and interior in the flesh but I doubt that will happen.

Am willing to go to the factory to see them. :)