Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Regret buying a final edition? - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Regret buying a final edition?

Matt W

Just now, Evotion said:

I am an Emira fan….

Really? Hadn’t guessed :lol:

How many Emira threads have you started? 😛

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Ha. To say I am excited is putting it mildly. I clearly have too much time on my hands :)

The Exige is the only car that makes me confident enough to sell, and not miss, my motorbikes. This would please the missus no end.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

1 hour ago, Evotion said:

I am an Emira fan but the Exige keeps pulling me in. Awesome car and amazing visceral and engaging. It was also kind of too much BUT I realise now, that is a huge bonus as it keeps it interesting.  I have a feeling I might get one if I do not get the 4cyl later in 2022.

I would have fancied an FE or 4xx Cup but was surprised at the prices! Blimey. Makes it even harder to pull that trigger.

You know you want to!!!! 

As a fellow biker, its rare to find a car that gives that "if I don't set the next corner up properly this is going to hurt" feeling, but the Exige gets awfully close. 

There are a few FE cars for sale on PH and AT. There is also what looks like two decent 410 Sports.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

For now, I am keeping the deposits and buying intent for the V6 and AMG i4 Emiras but I suspect that I will sell the AMG after a few months and get an Exige.  This makes it 2023 so it seems such a long way off. I would love an Exige now but can't afford one until next year and then the Emira hits me.

There is also the small chance I will prefer the i4! So I will wait.

What actually is the point of ordering two Emiras? I can only guess you must be hoping to sell one (or a place in the queue) for a profit? I don’t think this has ever happened with a Lotus purchase before but who knows, fair play if you can pull that off. But I don’t believe anyone will be making ‘overs’ on an Emira. Time will tell on that. I don’t think anyone’s making a profit on a Final Edition car either.

Elise, Exige and Evora give you back ‘overs’ in terms of the driving experience.

• Like 2

My only regret is when they asked me if I want to take delivery in June or July (they had 2 slots), I said July would be perfect, June is a bit too soon to get things organized. Turns out I would have a car by now already if I opted for June one. I'm still massively looking forward to the day I go pick it up, no regrets. I might regret a color choice, but it's hard to say until I pick it up really. Gonna love it anyway.

• Like 1

390 Solid Yellow - no black pack. I was deciding purely based on configurator at that time. Preferable colors would be Vivid Green (extra costly on 390) and I would probably go for Daytona Blue if I were to chose again. I just worry that the paint is going to be too plain, however I had solid red colored car now (Gt86) and I didn't mind the color too much. But now when I see these fancy metallic/pearl ones on these forums I wonder if solid yellow will be lacking some sofistication.

• Like 1

its a very personal thing, but i think the exige suits solid colours, because it is like a wannabe race car. Fancy paint doesn't always suit it i think. I ended up with Metallic white (would have preferred flat if it existed) but solid red was my first choice. I went dealer stock so took what i could. Solid Yellow will look fantastic imo.

Absolutely no regrets other than my Elise 240FE has been in storage for most of the summer due to building works. The times I’ve used it have always made me and my family smile….which was the plan.

It’s having it’s run in service today so I will finally be able to have a proper play. Let’s hope we have an Indian Summer 🤞🏻

As for the Emira. Great looking car. Not why I bought the Elise though. I wanted something analogue. 

Pretty much what @PR35H has said! 👍

81C37131-5129-48C2-A9EF-38E60AF4063B.jpeg

• Love 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I’d be interested to know how the 240 compares to the 220 Elise in a straight line. Not expecting difference to be great as torque is virtually the same but no 240 review has commented on the performance as yet so as usual we will have to rely on owners experiences for useful information!

5 hours ago, David Standing said:

I gather my Plum Crazy 420FE is now in the paint shop, still on track to be completed build by the end of next week 😎

How are managing to find out the status? Mine also due next week, but apart from a letter of apology from Lotus for the delay I’ve heard nothing. Total radio silence from my dealer.

4 hours ago, jimichanga said:

I’d be interested to know how the 240 compares to the 220 Elise in a straight line. Not expecting difference to be great as torque is virtually the same but no 240 review has commented on the performance as yet so as usual we will have to rely on owners experiences for useful information!

In the real world it will be next to nothing I'd guess.

I have a 275bhp 22zz-ge sc'd Elise, and there is next to nothing in it on the road with a pal's 2017 220 sport. The 2zr-fe has big torque for a little motor and that's what gets the job done. Surely the extra 20horses (and even the 30odd of the cup) are all at the top end, where you are for a split second on a straight bit of road.

But of course, every time you're able to ring it out you will be enjoying 240bhp not 220 haha! So that's not to dimmish it. It will just make a fantastic car that little bit nicer still.  Evolution not revolution.

5 hours ago, David Standing said:

I gather my Plum Crazy 420FE is now in the paint shop, still on track to be completed build by the end of next week 😎

Cant wait to see pictures of that car, it's going to look crazy (plum).
When did you get info about build week? Mine is also scheduled for next week, I wouldn't be surprised if there would be another delay thou. I'll ping my dealer early next week to get some info.