Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Restoration of 837G - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Restoration of 837G

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ah the eBay one! Yeah it looks like a good starting point :)

The sun visor frames and brackets are available from SJ Sportscars and the window motors are also available new off eBay...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194238422977?hash=item2d39831fc1:g:EksAAOxy9X5TbBLs

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203518702688?hash=item2f62a8f460:g:K6oAAOxyUgtTPGkK

Edited by Paul Coleman
  • Like 1

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Great project as all together, we watched it go on ebay and you had a good deal.

Keep the interior as only original once 👍🏻
Plenty of help on the forum, look forward to updates.

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• Gold FFM

Hi all 

Help 😬

I'm trying to disconnect the binnacle . I have all wiring Speedo and oil pressure off. But I can't see how to detach the wiring at the base for each of the warning lights 

It's all complete so I'd rather check than break something . Any advice ? 

PXL_20210719_195054864.jpg

Are they just push and very stiff thanks

• Gold FFM

Hi All , 

Does anyone have an owners manual and workshop manual for the S2 which I can purchase , download or copy please ?  I do have a factory original S4 Turbo workshop manual which I purchased from Lotus in the 1990's but thats not much help for me .......

Any help or guidance would be appreciated 

Ali

• Gold FFM

Steve- The workshop manual was extremely helpful .

Does anyone have an owners manual  too?  Having not had an S2 before I am not familiar with all the dash controls , interior switches, release pulls, choke etc  lights etc , so need to know what everything is so I can test the wiring and functions as I dismantle 

thanks

Ali

• Gold FFM

Lol 

Just realised the photo is my son. We both had the position . But yes he is around 6 1"

Lucky for me I'm a couple of inches shorter but it's definitely not the most comfortable :)

Good old marcasite panels :)

PXL_20210722_200956990.MP.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Hi - strange request perhaps - but is there anyone local-ish to Camberley in Surrey with an S2 that is complete- that I could look at?

it would probably be helpful for me to have a good look at one as I know I am short f some trims here and there -  ( eg roof lining, etc)
I’ve got the manuals but seeing everything for real makes it easier to visualise  the tasks ahead  and the finished  requirements

thanks

Ali

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Thanks Rohan

I do have the parts manual which has been extremely helpful. I was just hoping to view a 'finished" car to get a good visual on how things are completed . Eg roof lining , how does it look, feel, is it stitched at certain points etc .

Thanks 

@Alistair Enser

Hi Alistair,

If you don't get a better offer you are welcome to pop over to Basingstoke anytime and have a look at my car which, if chronologically correct, was not far behind yours on the production line. I have 864G. I often work just off J5 of the M3 at Odiham so we could meet halfway if easier? PM me if I can help.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

• Gold FFM

Thanks Fabian.

A little gift to  myself arrived in the post from Germany today :)

Very excited. I now have an original Jaeger clock to perfectly fit the hole in my front roof rail and it appears to be in perfect working order.

Was it cheap …..err well not really. But on a positive it was a lot less than the optional clock on Humphrey my Porsche Taycan ,……and I found one 

PXL_20210825_181211023.jpg

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
On 24/07/2021 at 09:15, Alistair Enser said:

Well who'd have thought . I bought a car and have now taken up yoga 😂

Taking out the dashboard today - I got to assume.a familiar position no doubt for many .

The Lotus position .

My god - who did they employ in Norwich to assemble this thing !

PXL_20210723_174300611.MP.jpg

I've done similar many times, but with the drivers seat in and my body coming out the door diagonally. The above would be 'Luxury'.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)