Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira UK Roadshow - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira UK Roadshow

Evotion

It's getting exciting. If Lotus are handling the reservations I wonder if the reservation page will allow you to choose whichever dealer is most convenient, or if they'll limit your option to the one you've been dealing with. Haven't heard from mine so far, may ping them tomorrow and see if they've got a date yet (also might not, don't want to come across too needy 😂).

26 minutes ago, marclurr said:

or if they'll limit your option to the one you've been dealing with.

That.

Otherwise, everyone will be calling up B&C for a visit :)

The email from your dealer will be the same but with later dates.  There is no action to take.

The important one is the email from Lotus next week opening up the calendar slots for booking into.

Umm, I wonder if I can book two slots. 😂

• Haha 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM

Great news - some movement at last.

Can't help but wonder how the rest of the UK dealers will feel about this - not least considering that they haven't had their dates confirmed yet.

31 minutes ago, DaveC72 said:

Great news - some movement at last.

Can't help but wonder how the rest of the UK dealers will feel about this - not least considering that they haven't had their dates confirmed yet.

I imagine they probably know where they roughly sit in the pecking order. I suspect Silverstone will be next 

• Gold FFM

I asked my dealer (Stratton Motor Company) for their roadshow dates and this is all I got back.....

"As I now understand everything to be communicated through Lotus Cars for our old and new customers that have ordered the Emira.

The new Emira orders and deliveries will be handled by Lotus Cars and not via our showroom for the new car deliveries.

We will continue our dealership support in all other areas for Lotus Cars and our/their customers.

I will pass on your details and query reference the roadshow to my contact at Lotus Cars."

They've also been "downgraded" to "Service Only" on the dealer section of the Lotus Cars website..... 

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

• Gold FFM

If so, they haven't gone public about it (yet?).....

I've also heard unsubstantiated rumours of an on-site new car showroom/dealership at Hethel which could play a part if true, and this page (not currently linked to or on the dealer map) now exists too.....  https://www.lotuscars.com/en-GB/retailer/lotus-hethel/

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

1 hour ago, JimH said:

on-site new car showroom/dealership at Hethel

Well I suppose that answers why Stratton are changing as detailed above. 

Can't imagine that we will have to go the Hethel to collect new cars, what would lotus do with any p/ex non lotus cars. Straight to auction, probably not getting the best p/ex price.

1 hour ago, JimH said:

"As I now understand everything to be communicated through Lotus Cars for our old and new customers that have ordered the Emira.

The new Emira orders and deliveries will be handled by Lotus Cars and not via our showroom for the new car deliveries.

We will continue our dealership support in all other areas for Lotus Cars and our/their customers.

I will pass on your details and query reference the roadshow to my contact at Lotus Cars."

They've also been "downgraded" to "Service Only" on the dealer section of the Lotus Cars website..... 

Umm. So the lack of communication from Lotus HQ to dealers is still happening. We cannot blame any dealers for this part BUT at least B&C sent out a courtesy email updating me/us with what is happening to keep the flow running. After all, the car will be at B&C so IO consider THAT is my actual main relationship even though Lotus HQ are taking over.

Can anyone read between the lines on this and work out what the actual agenda here is, as in what are Lotus really planning?

1 hour ago, philnotts said:

Ah ok.. blimey.  How interesting. Like a pulling back of power, maybe to reset.

9 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

what would lotus do with any p/ex non lotus cars

First dibs to the dealer network, which sounds like it might only be a few players. 

Clearly, it would be years before a reasonable sized niche showroom like the one at B&C will be full up of Emiras so they will need other Lotus stock to bring in Lotus buyers are not specifically looking at the Emira.

• Gold FFM
14 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Can't imagine that we will have to go the Hethel to collect new cars

It would be nice to have the option if you live where I do though....! 😉

Most on here would pick them up if it included a factory tour, etc.

If there is an option of going on the track then we all will 😃

15 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

That’s on the massive assumption they will continue to be uk dealers

May be that all new lotus sales will be direct in the future...?

• Like 2

Many dealers are already offering home delivery due to COVID.

Order online, car turns up at your house.  If you want to test drive you book an appointment online and go to a local (or not so local) shopping centre to try it out.

If you don't like it once it's arrived, you have 14 day to return it.

Buying a Tesla in a very similar way (I had to collect it which was frankly a pain, I'd rather they just delivered it) was a breath if fresh air compared to most Dealership experiences I've had.  Appreciate that several of the Lotus Dealerships offer a much better experience but they're still few and far between. 

• Like 2

I was told it was one car and NOT the dark grey V6.

So, it is either the blue AMG i4 or a V6 in another colour (red or green hopefully as they are the hardest to judge imo)

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
On 15/09/2021 at 13:04, Evotion said:

Umm. So the lack of communication from Lotus HQ to dealers is still happening. We cannot blame any dealers for this part BUT at least B&C sent out a courtesy email updating me/us with what is happening to keep the flow running. After all, the car will be at B&C so IO consider THAT is my actual main relationship even though Lotus HQ are taking over.

Can anyone read between the lines on this and work out what the actual agenda here is, as in what are Lotus really planning?

Ah ok.. blimey.  How interesting. Like a pulling back of power, maybe to reset.

First dibs to the dealer network, which sounds like it might only be a few players. 

Clearly, it would be years before a reasonable sized niche showroom like the one at B&C will be full up of Emiras so they will need other Lotus stock to bring in Lotus buyers are not specifically looking at the Emira.

The reset on the dealer network was part of the new retailing strategy they announced in the April company update.  Autocar article is slightly misleading as they weren’t “terminated” but there was an open dialogue about new contracts and new expectations.  Some dealers chose not to make the investment Lotus was asking for.  Stratton may be a different story due to their proximity to Hethel.

If there was a collect from factory option with some sort of tour I think a few of us would do that.

I’d also heard it was one car for UK roadshows.  I gather Lotus Bahrain have a car for deposit holders from 26th, so either they’re getting the grey car (seems unlikely as it’s a prototype not a show car) or Lotus have built a 3rd show car.  Fingers crossed Bahrain have the blue one and UK gets a new colour.

• Like 1