Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira UK Roadshow - Page 11 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira UK Roadshow

Evotion

Well done. It didn't occur to me to even check. Well, I am pretty sure I touched the controls but maybe not firm enough. I could at least tell that there seemed to be a lot of legroom so taller persons should be okay,

I do concede that, in my overall and well documented excitement, that I am perhaps wearing rose-tinted glasses. I never let small things get me down and always look at the bigger picture. For me, the event met with expectations -read that as you wish to.  Jamie made every effort to speak to me on at least 5 occasions and I spoke with Scott and a couple of others.

I might not have been dazzled by disco lights, music by Hans Zimmer and a brief appearance by Shirley Bassey but it did the job. I saw the paint, I saw the interior options, I sat in the car and I spoke with others.

I do feel sorry that others felt that the event was missing something. 

Then again, I was at the boxing live to see a crap performance from AJ so it was a lovely pick-me-up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, Beady said:

at the risk of controversy, the majority of early adopters and so those at the launch yesterday, and across the next month are largely likely to be lotus fans and so there is no need to impress them...they are already sold.

Upping the game needs to come in the next phase - convincing those to swap from other brands.

I don’t think that’s right.  At my B&C session today there was only one Lotus in the car park compared to 4 Porsches, 6 Range Rovers, 2 Jaguars. From chatting to and over-hearing those who were there I think current Lotus owners were just under half the attendees.

So yes they do need to get this right to convert people.  They don’t have to out-Porsche Porsche but they do need to create a Lotus Experience.

• Like 2

Yep. comes down to preference on feel. Scott talked about this too.

There is a trade-off, of course, as always, between feel and comfort in this order:

Sports + CUP 2 = Firm and great feel [track and for those who prefer this on the road]

Sports + Goodyear - Firm but more forgiving/compliant tyres across all conditions

Touring + Goodyear - Less feel but more comfort

Does that help me decide?  Nope :)

I went to the showing in Surrey this evening, blown away by the car. First time I have seen in person, exterior and interior was fine for me. My main question was v6/i4.

It was confirmed to me that the AMG engine First edition cars will be 2023.

A very knowledgable staff member said if you want the V6 First Edition then you will be contacted (in order of deposits placed) and would need to order by the end of October/early November to secure the V6 First Edition. I was also told they won't put an exact number on it but there will be a limited run of the First Edition cars. Its baffling that the roadshow continues to November if this was the case?

Is this what you guys are aware of too? 

Edited by AZD

• Gold FFM

5 Nov is the deadline for paying the second £3k deposit if you want a V6 FE.  The roadshows finish before then (just!).  It's still reserving a place in the queue, rather than an order.  So although you are giving an intended configuration now there is some scope to tweak it later before it becomes a committed order, but this may alter your place in the queue.

1 hour ago, Nick in Sydney said:

In short, Ineos have tried very very hard to make potential owners feel part of an exciting new story, part of the process.  And the deposit process

Last night they did a live streaming event with the senior design/sales team from Ineos.  The event had over a thousand potential customers from all around the world participating and they could ask questions via live chat which the Ineos team then answered.  That's exactly the sort of event Lotus should be holding.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TomE said:

Seats worked fine for me. I was pleased I had plenty of forward movement for my little legs and that I could get out without having to slide the seat back, which I do in the Evora.

I asked about suspension.  Both use Eibach springs and non-adjustable Bilstein dampers but different rates and setup between the two. Different bushes and ARB setup, different geometry settings.  Sport is apparently stiff, like the difference between S1 Evora (more like Touring) and the later 400/410.

The person I spoke to had been driving the mule cars for two years and reiterated the advice I’d heard from Gav - Touring will suit the majority of people who are driving fast M/A/B roads with mixed surfaces and the odd track day. 

Useful info, thanks. I'm keen to check for myself that I can get the seat good and low, and that it has as much legroom as an Evora.

On the suspension, if the sports set up is similar to the Evora 410 that is what I'll go for. Still a bit concerned it might be stiffer. 

1 hour ago, freefall_junkie said:

On the suspension, if the sports set up is similar to the Evora 410 that is what I'll go for. Still a bit concerned it might be stiffer.

I was told, in that instance, to go with the Goodyear option. 

I was told Cup 2 tyres need more warming up and are less efficient in the wet.

I'd go all in myself :)

My S2 Exige came with semi slick Yoko A048s, which aren't even road legal any more, and I used to love the way you could really feel the increase in grip as they warmed up on a track day. However they generated loads of road noise and were pretty hairy in the wet. I am tending toward sports suspension and cup tyres for the Emira as long as it isn't too harsh for the road. I'll be asking lots of questions at the roadshow 🙂

Well, we have been told that Sports and Cups will be firm.

Sounds like you enjoy that so fair enough.

I've gone with Sports and Goodyear as a compromise .

Yes they look like the dims I was given earlier in the year and, why I’m confident we can get two large suitcases in.

Yes we are both short arses with short legs, looking forward to using the Emira on winter tyres 2023/2024 travelling to Southampton cruise 🚢 terminal for one of our rescheduled cruises 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

@emstan, hopefully his helps you 👍

Untitled.png

That's great, we love the practicality of out Boxster front boot for touring and this behind the seat space will provide alternative storage, it does help being 5'8" and perhaps getting older has shrunk that dimension even more.

From these it looks like two cases and a couple of behind the seat bags we had made will fit comfortably. Hopefully some wine space too.

8 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Lotus Kent in Ashford

Good looking showroom as well with some nice new signage.