Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira UK Roadshow - Page 18 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira UK Roadshow

Evotion

4 hours ago, bosshog said:

Have you sat in an Evora? I always thought it felt high at least compared to the Elise. The 410 carbons where better. I can't see it being that much different to the Evora but let's see who the manufacture will be.

Great point, I haven’t, the event at Solihull was really my first time seeing most of the current Lotuses up close.

I’m sure the production Emira will be fine for me though. I just thought the demo car will have some taller people concerned.

This thread isn't filling me with confidence.

Parting with the thick end of £80k for a car that I can't drive and unable to view specification options in the flesh is a super big ask. Some of us live a 5 hour round trip from our nearerest Lotus dealer, which represents a not insignificant commitment.

For me, what is it about this car, that should make me feel that I should replace my V6 Exige with either a V6 Emira or AMG i4?

I was full of enthusiasm at the launch of this car, but feel Lotus have gone way too soon, and speaking personally,  I'm very much off the boil.

• Like 1

Just a point on the Exige, having seen a couple that were near the Emira the other day they look like a toy compared to the Emira and the Emira looks much more expensive when you see them together, if that matters to anyone.

• Like 2

Future wish list - Exige V6

14 hours ago, Lavazza said:

For me, what is it about this car, that should make me feel that I should replace my V6 Exige with either a V6 Emira or AMG i4?

You'll likely struggle more with the i4 - You would miss the noise of the V6.

I'd never sell an Exige for an Emira myself - I will more likely be doing the opposite.

If you are talking about your one and only car then the Emira starts to make some sense being more daily driveable and comfortable. The Emira will be dynamically excellent but the Exige is another level of engagement. 

In short - have both :)

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

On 13/10/2021 at 10:03, Nick in Sydney said:

Perhaps because we have all now seen so many photos and videos that the initial impact of the design is gone; it's not longer an exciting new thing??

Very true and the fact it’s only the blue or grey we actually see anything of. Excitement will most likely rekindle when we get to see actual demo cars etc 

Future wish list - Exige V6

Excellent write-up!  I appreciate the fact that you kept it in perspective, that this was a non-running demo car for show.  By now it's also seen quite a bit of wear and tear from all the people who have seen it.  The drawer with the paint color samples, once again shows the green looking anything but green.  It simply looks black there.  I don't think I've seen two photos where it looks the same.  It looks different each time.

Thank you for posting this; I enjoyed reading it.

• Like 2

It will be really interesting to hear how the Emira compares with the GT4 once it has been driven.

If it equals it dynamically overall then that would be a real accomplishment.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

I’ve said it already but I’m not expecting it to be objectively a better track attacker. The Emira is more a GT car and I hope it’s different enough to love as much just in a different way. 

23 hours ago, Evotion said:

If you are talking about your one and only car then the Emira starts to make some sense being more daily driveable and comfortable

Realistically, for how many owners will the Emira be their one and only car (i.e one car in the household with no access to any other family wagon etc)?

At best, it will be a daily driver for a commute during the week, then something fun for the weekend.

Most likely, it will be the 3rd car in the household (for those who live with a partner) and probably the only one to get some garage space! :)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 14/10/2021 at 00:53, TomE said:

If I turn your question around, what is it about your Exige that makes you want to consider replacing it with another 2-seater Lotus that's less hardcore, bigger, heavier, slower, plusher and with more gadgets?

Now that is a stellar question!

I can answer from my perspective (What is it about my Evora 410 Sport that........)

The answer is right now, not a lot!  i.e. I won't be swapping my focused, more hardcore, Evora for a less hardcore, plusher, more gadget laden, Emira.

I'm off to see the Emira at Lotus Hamilton tomorrow morning. I'm sure I'll swoon over the exterior bodywork and shape. I'm sure I'll go meh at the German looking interior. Unless my heart just goes pop, I'll not be in an Emira for some time, probably until the more hardcore version arrives as my Lotus is for ME - and ONLY for ME - for driving hard for fun, not for swooning at or saying look at me. And to me, the 410 Sport is the pic of the harder core Lotus Evora's due to the carbon, spec, and pricing.  The GT430's dial it up to 11 for sure, but I just cannot reconcile the ugly rear bolt on wing - the rest if gorgeous by the way - but that's just me.

I feel the Emira FE is for the "converts" that Lotus wants to wean off their boring German boxes/skips, like the Audi TT's, Caymans, etc. I think the best (most desirable for me that is) Emira's will be coming down the line later.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

36 minutes ago, Dommo said:

I think the Emira bridges the gap between a track focused road car and a super car and that's what's drawn me to the brand.

So what stopped you getting an Evora GT410? It's the same package really than the Emira with the exception of the cupholders and stick on TFT screen :)

By the way, the GT4 is a great car, I was referring to the boring normal Caymans!

• Like 1

The small print.

On 15/10/2021 at 11:05, Evotion said:

It will be really interesting to hear how the Emira compares with the GT4 once it has been driven.

If it equals it dynamically overall then that would be a real accomplishment.

Don't think Lotus Emira is competing with the GT4. GT4 is too track focused. Maybe a later version of the Emira will?

Edited by sonu
  • Like 1

It’s more than eight years since I had my Evora S and I went along to the session in Hamilton this afternoon with an open mind.  Indeed after a chat with Graeme, Laura and the chaps from the factory had talked myself into placing a deposit on a green and tan V6 when I got home. Until that is I got back into the Vantage for the return journey.

I have no doubt that the Emira will be a winner for Lotus, but at the moment I’ll stick with the Aston. Of course that may well change when I’ve had some time in the demonstrators next year.  In the meantime I shall continue to watch from afar. 

• Like 2

You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unwelcome season. 

41 minutes ago, Derek said:

Until that is I got back into the Vantage for the return journey.

I almost got rid of the vantage a few times… 911 gts, 911 S, amg gt, tt rs

each time I got back in the Aston afterwards and just couldn’t bear to part with it!

after 7 years i decided it was finally time for a change…

Do you have the older model or the new one?

Edited by Mctaff