Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira UK Roadshow - Page 25 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira UK Roadshow

Evotion

Went to Silverstone last night, great evening with all the main factory people there to talk to. 
I wanted to wait until one of the later dates in case more info became available or possibly another full size car in another colour.

The the new paint sample “car models” were much more helpful than the discs.

I had narrowed colours down to red or green and I am now back to green as first choice- yes it’s too dark but in bright light the green does come out.

on  second viewing (after Goodwood), I was less blown away than first time and I am still not 100% sold on the FE.

there was a new shape Aston in the car park and I did look longingly at that! 

I will be confirming the 2nd deposit this week,in green but unlikely to commit fully until I see a full/ real car in my colour choice and possibly driven both the v6 and i4 for comparison. Happy to drop down the queue to wait for this.

• Like 2

construction and property consultants : My company

9 hours ago, simonb said:

yesterday in the day at Silverstone for me

thought they did a great job, first time I had seen the Emira

Settled on i4 LE green / red interior, black wheels, definitely goodyears, and probably sport suspension

Nice! I was thinking green / red myself but the red was a bit of a shocker, so decided alcantara instead… unless I see a full red interior first and change my mind!

On 01/11/2021 at 13:12, bosshog said:

The non yellow still comes up good mind if you look after it. Here are a couple of high res photos of my old 410 in the sun. If you download to your computer and look it should give you a very good idea of what will be like. https://home.glasscubes.com/share/s/fig0ukftjrc0undabnu58coafq

Love the photos. Any chance you can share more photos from other angles on the car, as best chance for us to imagine how it will look on the Emira ?

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

On 03/11/2021 at 18:22, Bibs said:

... staging exclusive VIP events for existing customers and many new ones ...

Later this month the Emira starts a five-month trip around Europe, beginning just across the English Channel in Belgium and The Netherlands. 

Bloody hell, the car will be viewable on *one day*, for *two hours* at *7 PM*. Of course, the same day my parents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary.

Sure, it's a VIP event with bells and whistles, but honestly, who gives a rats ass about that noise. I don't need to be coddled or dazzled, I just want a reasonable opportunity to view the car I've put down a deposit for they expect me to increase.

Edited by JJ
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JJ said:

Bloody hell, the car will be viewable on *one day*, for *two hours* at *7 PM*. Of course, the same day my parents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary.

Fantastic excuse to leave the Wedding Anniversary party early though!

• Like 1

I can't answer your question (because I haven't chaged my spec - yet!) but I can't help but think that by not showing us the colours properly, and by not giving us full information about lots of things, Lotus are storing up a lot of trouble for themselves. There will surely be many people wanting to change spec or even delay before they make the final payment.

• Like 2

I think the problem is that Lotus have swept up a lot of individuals who have not bought "pre-production" before.  If you need a test drive and to see the car in the trim / colour combination you want to order, then you have to order post launch.  At that point however, I cannot see the wait list being shorter, and it really does not want to be.  High residuals will only make the car more desirable

• Like 2

I was told 2024 for NEW orders but, of course, earlier deposit holders stay in near the top so that will not affect us should we  wish to get a non-V6 FE.

A present Lotus are being reactive - this is good and bad.

I have changed my mind a few times but not contacted them about it. I was happy to wait for that last call but I might call them now as I have new info I need to react on.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

On 03/11/2021 at 18:02, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Oh dear. Concorde Hangar….

Hethel using the original “British” Concord spelling dropped in 1967 when BAC adopted “the French letter”.   

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

...unless it is actually being used to hang something up!

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

• 3 weeks later...

Norfolk Yellow innit?

Yeah, what a beauty.  I'd have white with red leather myself. 

I was tempted by the yellow Europa currently  in the B&C showroom but was first asked if I was a mechanic.  :)  Had, good point. Nah, not for me.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel