Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 132 - Lotus Eletre - Page 4 - Eletre Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 132 - Lotus Eletre

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

May be it came from a Chinese translation?

I was hoping the text could read 

and announced that it will launch Type132's private tasting program in seven major cities in the world, including Guangzhou, Shanghai, and Exeter ,

• Haha 1

Love the translations from the Chinese, by the Chinese. When Coca-Cola launched its 'Coke adds life' campaign many years ago, the signage in China was literally translated as "Coke brings your ancestors back from the dead"....

On a more serious note, I'm beginning to take more interest in the 132, especially after those pics. Our second car is up for renewal, probably late next year, early '23 and I'm thinking it should be electric. I wonder how one gets on to the 'elite' list to get an invite to the 'tasting program'?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eUKenGB said:

Same here. I was hoping it would be the smaller one and that is what the post earlier in the thread (quoting from Lotus apparently) implies.

I thought it impossible to judge from that video snippet, but is there any (f)actual clarification on this rather than just speculation?

The post you're talking about was mine, and it was an article straight from the Lotus Press Release website saying the big SUV is coming first, not a small one. This was known and released information since they announced the next 4 models coming out. I don't see why this is considered "speculation".

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
On 27/11/2021 at 18:33, exeterjeep said:

Found these pics apparently relating to the show yesterday..https://inf.news/en/auto/dc6ee5f1316dd554d781bf657a20fae3.html

In addition to Lotus's fuel-sweetheart Emira's debut in mainland China, Lotus's first ultra-high-end pure electric smart SUV, codenamed "Type132", became another highlight at the press conference. Feng Qingfeng, CEO of Lotus Group, personally released Type132's warm-up video, and announced that it will launch Type132's private tasting program in seven major cities in the world, including Guangzhou, Shanghai, and London, and invite elites from various fields around the world to take the lead Experience the elegance of Type132.

"Guangzhou Auto Show" Flame Renewing Lotus Super High-end Matrix At The Guangzhou Auto Show

"Guangzhou Auto Show" Flame Renewing Lotus Super High-end Matrix At The Guangzhou Auto Show

Am I the only one seeing a lambo Uras 

Only here once

front looks more rounded and less jagged than urus

Edited by Likuid

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (MT) ◄ 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (SOLD) ◄ 2013 Lotus Evora S (SOLD) ◄ 2005 Lotus Elise (SOLD) ◄ 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (SOLD)

Hope the drip feed of info turns into a flood shortly, and before we have the post Christmas lockdown. Want to know so that I can consider what steps to take next.

• Like 1

On 28/11/2021 at 00:35, KusaKusa said:

The post you're talking about was mine, and it was an article straight from the Lotus Press Release website saying the big SUV is coming first, not a small one. This was known and released information since they announced the next 4 models coming out. I don't see why this is considered "speculation".

Well there were 3 consecutive posts and 2 of them clearly implied it was the smaller one first.

Regarding your quote from Lotus' website, I'd say that is far from clear. The 132 will be E segment, while the 134 will be D segment and since E basically means executive and D is for 'large cars', I'd say the jury is still out as to whether the 132 or 134 will be the larger.

• Like 1
“You can’t have too many bikes"

I do hope we get some more info before long. I wonder when the teasers will start about revealing the name - some have speculated a name registered already by lotus.

Anyone think that there will be another teaser tomorrow??? It's been quiet all week...

Not seen anything today, but been in to Hendy Exeter, who now had a new lotus sign by the road, it appears that one of the Hendy performance bosses has seen it - but would not give any details!!

• Like 1

Think the wing mirror - cameras are different. T

here looks to be a glut of EV's coming from China.

I wonder what price point the Polestar will be compared to the 132.

The wing mirrors are different and it also says it doesn't have the Lidar periscope that we have seen in the teaser. 

It also states that the Polestar 3 is going to be constructed in Charleston USA whereas the 132 is going to be constructed in Wuhan. If they were the same vehicle wouldn't they be manufactured in the same factory?

With regards to the Lidar periscope it is situated at the front of the roof but along it's rear edge there seems to be a seam that goes the whole width of the roof.... unusual.... What's that all about?

26 minutes ago, mg4lotus said:

The wing mirrors are different and it also says it doesn't have the Lidar periscope that we have seen in the teaser. 

It also states that the Polestar 3 is going to be constructed in Charleston USA whereas the 132 is going to be constructed in Wuhan. If they were the same vehicle wouldn't they be manufactured in the same factory?

With regards to the Lidar periscope it is situated at the front of the roof but along it's rear edge there seems to be a seam that goes the whole width of the roof.... unusual.... What's that all about?

Lotus got their own factory in the Geely group factory shuffle. Lotus was initially supposed to share its chinese factory with other Geely premium brands, but in the end all of the premium brands (Lotus, Polestar and Zeekr) are getting flagship factories in addition to capacities at other Geely group factories, hence Polestar 3 will be built in the U.S while Polestar 2 is built in China, Lynk & Co 03  will be built in Volvo's Gent  factory from next year.  Volvo is arming each of their brands with as much IP and tangible assets as it can  so that each brand can then be turn into a proper company and floated on the stock market.