Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 132 - Lotus Eletre - Page 29 - Eletre & Emeya Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 132 - Lotus Eletre

Bibs

• Gold FFM

The whole driving methodology is different isn’t it. They brake themselves and it’s super easy once you are used to it. 
The Kona every now and again needed some really hard braking to stop the grinding that would build up over time.

some would say the brakes on that car were useless though 😂

• Haha 1

Only here once

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

I just looked it up on the Lotus Cars Australia website. My S4 is considered no slouch getting to 100km/h in under 5 seconds.

The Eletre gets it done in 3.2 secs and I'm only at about 70km/h.

Thing's a bloody rocket!

I can see many a lost licence from this car.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

There was the UK tour for the reveal, took place a month or so ago. Had a sit in it at Exeter on November 8th. Don't think I have seen any expected date to get demo cars in dealers yet.

• Like 1

Lotus Belfast is listed on website as a Lotus centre, so would expect to see the Eletre there sometime soon 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• Gold FFM

I'll have to go and have a look at the Eletre when it gets here, but I can't ever see myself being able to afford one. More's the pity.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

On FB....Lotus links to....

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/lotus-eletre-electric-suv/

The Eletre is everything you would expect from a Lotus but like nothing you have seen before. To celebrate the first all-electric Hyper-SUV’s unapologetic energy, the creative crew at @highsnobiety imagined a futuristic day out in the Eletre, taking the dog and glamorous passengers along for a space-age adventure.
Stay tuned for more and check the link in bio to learn about the collaboration.

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/04/2022 at 22:44, NedaSay said:

My neighbours down south tend to segment according to gross vehicle weight.

Over people do it on price.

A DS9  is as 4,93m long, yet it has been benchmarked on the Audi A4 and not the A6 or A8 which are closer in size, price wise it under cuts the Audi as it was intended to.  it just doesn't have that luxury feel an A8 would have despite being about as long. It doesn't have the power either with a 4cyl coming as standard and 4cyl hybrid at the top end.

The I-Pace was benchmarked on the Macan not Cayenne. in terms of size it seats in the middle, in terms of how roomy it is, it beats the Maccan solidly but in terms of price, it is very close to a Macan - where i leave - all the while being an ESUV. it is a Jaguar so it is premium and it has been compared to other premium SUVs but if it has been compared at the very beginning to X5 and Cayenne at the beginning, it was then compared to GLE, iX3 or even XC40 Recharge, because on price they are closerish, and the comparison to them is a lot more favorable. 

And before we know it Eletre gets an award:

Hi.

Someone know which color is it for the Eletre ? 

Thank you.

• Like 1

Looks as if the Eletre configurator calls the grey - Kaimu grey. Lotus likes to cause confusion in naming their colours. There is also a lighter one called  Blossom grey.

yes there have been, noticed this in the 133 article posted earlier....

) Given that the car (133)  is being tested with side view cameras, it's probably safe to assume that the car will be announced sometime in the second half of this year,

while the Eletre is expected to hit the road on July 1.

I wonder if early buyers will try to flip it for a profit.

On 25/01/2023 at 15:53, exeterjeep said:

Looks as if the Eletre configurator calls the grey - Kaimu grey. Lotus likes to cause confusion in naming their colours. There is also a lighter one called  Blossom grey.

in my opinion it is not one of the grey available in the configurator ...

It is. Lotus has been playing with their metallic paint composition for a while. So much so that in the right light their colors appear to be almost cameleon like in nature, the best example for it is dark verdant, it looks plain black until the environment/light changes and it turns deep green. This Eletre appears to be nimbus grey but in the right light it could be blossom grey

The configurator coloring and lighting is skewed. I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing... But it makes it really hard to really get a feel the for metallic colors out in the wild or at least away from a digital screen

Blossom grey is not so much lighter, it is just different in composition that in a certain light  will make it lighter and in another will make it look quite pink.  Its hue contains some cherry red sparkle hence the blossom name. This color was picked because it is a popular shade in Mainland China but also because Lotus is going to go hard after a brand new demographic for them in North America hence the isofix ancrage on the back seat.

• Like 1

If the grey Eletre being talked about is the same one I've seen on display at the factory.  Then the colour is as @NedaSay says, in the right light with right angle it has red / pink shade and looks really nice its not a barbie pink or childish pink but nice mature shade.

This is different to the grey/silver Emira's I've seen on display at shows or at the Lotus Driving Academy which are more standard metallic silver with some flakes to add sparkle but didn't have the red / pink tint to them.

Until we saw the Blossom Grey at Lotus Silverstone end of November we were set on Galloway Green, both said at the roadshow we very much liked the “mature” grey; this is our choice on the configurator which we will be locking in over the next days.

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430